PDA

View Full Version : More DIII Football Trinity 35 Rose Hulman 14

Pudlugger
10-02-2004, 08:55 PM
The San Antonio Trinity University Tigers go 5-0 on this important second SCAC conference game at home today in the rain.
The Tigers dominated on both sides of the football. What's even more important to me is that my son, a freshman, got promoted to second team OT and made three pancake blocks in the fourth quarter. Way to go Alby! The Tigers are looking real good as contenders for a National Championship this season. If you get the opportunity to watch this team this year by all means do. Next game at home against NAIA Division powerhouse Azuza Pacific Oct 16 at 1:30 admission free!

ps:
Trinity JV meets Mary-Hardin Baylor in Belton for a rematch Oct 11 at 6pm after taking the first in a squeeker 20-19 at home. The quality of play in these games is really impressive. It amazes me how much talent is out there under the mainstream media radar. Come watch one of these games if you doubt me on this.

SintonFan
10-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Free admission? I need to make a trip down Hildebrand.:cool:

Pudlugger
10-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah and the hot dogs are only 2 bucks. Hope you make the game.:D

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Pudlugger and Sons Saturday after Trinity game

http://images.ofoto.com/photos861/1/29/41/67/93/9/993674129103_0_ALB.jpg

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 09:37 PM
ttt

wildstangs
10-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Hardin Simmons University up here in Abilene is pretty good this year...Could be a possible playoff match.

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 09:45 PM
You bet, and Mary Hardin Baylor too. East Texas Baptist U might be a playoff team in that conference as well. MHBU runs an offense a lot like La Grange with the option and running right at you up the middle with a seven man line. Trinity beat their jvs 20-19 on a blocked fieldgoal from the 2 after an incredible goal line stand last Monday. They meet again in Belton for the rematch Oct 11 at 6pm. The varsity does not schedule MHBU this year but may meet them or Hardin Simmons in the playoffs in the first round.

wildstangs
10-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Hopefully HSU can run the table so there is no confusion like last year. HSU pounded a pretty good Howard Payne team yesterday.

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah, last year there was a three way tie for the conference and MHBU got left out right?

wildstangs
10-03-2004, 10:04 PM
HSU got left out last year. HSU, MHB, and ETBU all finished tied for the conference title. Some advice from HSU: MAKE SURE YOU KICK THE EXTRA POINT IN OT, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE WIN!!!!

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah, I heard about that. HSU scored a td in overtime to win and didn't kick the extra point to run up the score. Turned out they lost the tie breaker by one point to
ETBU. Is that how it was?

wildstangs
10-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I couldnt remember if it was to MHB or ETBU....This is my first semester at HSU. But that is the correct story. Sucks to finish your season up like that.

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 10:18 PM
How do you like HSU? Is it tough academically? Are you playing ball? HSU has a great team ranked in the top 10 by some polls this year. I would love to see a match with Trinity in the playoffs. Good luck.

wildstangs
10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
No, I dont play ball. Two of my classes are very tough, the other two are not so bad. I like HSU much more than I did ACU.

SintonFan
10-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Jeez, this almost sounds too good too be true. $2 hotdogs?:D
Pudlugger... I'll do my best to be there. We need to trade cell phone numbers so we can meet.:) :cool:

lepfan
10-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Hey Pud, I could not bring the pic up...We had a message from Alby on our voice mail the other day---it was good to hear from him...we miss him around our house...especially his partner in mischief;) we have a place for him if he ever wants to come up here!!! (I need my pantry cleaned out---he always helped)

Pudlugger
10-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Hey Pud, I could not bring the pic up...We had a message from Alby on our voice mail the other day---it was good to hear from him...we miss him around our house...especially his partner in mischief;) we have a place for him if he ever wants to come up here!!! (I need my pantry cleaned out---he always helped)

Try this: right click on the picture icon, go to 'properties and copy the url location and paste on addresss bar in Explorer. It should come up then, along with some Ofoto pop ups of course.

Alby's fine a little busy with his class load. He's getting bigger with the weight training he's getting at TU. He'll need to get up to 270 if he wants to start. At 255 he's small for an OT but his agility is greater than most of the bigger guys so they like him as a fast side tackle. He goes from one side to the other depending on the play call. The offense is complex and he's learning fast. [He missed the first 2 weeks of practice after getting a concussion on the first day of pads this summer so he's been working his way up the depth chart.] Our food bill is considerably less too.

3afan
10-04-2004, 07:50 AM
I'll be at the Hardin-Simmons @ UMHB game on the 23rd, then down to see SFA @ Tex. St.

lepfan
10-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I got it that time...It is not hard to recognize that back side! Our food bill is still high...this one is commuting 3 days to JuCo and working the other days...send pics of the house when you get them