PDA

View Full Version : Best Stadium I've ever been to...

big daddy russ
10-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Took a trip with my roommate down to Sommerville last night to watch the Yeguas play Jarrell. I just have to say that is the most awesome stadium I've ever been in. It looks like a historic landmark. No track, you're right on top of the field, natural grass... I love it. And to top it off, you don't even realize it's a football stadium until you walk in. It looks like an old mission.

Best part about it was that for my $3, I got to see one of the best ballgames of the year. Jarrell was down 4 when they got the ball back on their own 18 with about 2 and a half minutes to play. They almost got stuffed on their first series of downs, but a facemask penalty on third and eight kept the drive alive. Pinned at around their own 40 with 22 seconds to play, the Cougars' #22 ran a a 60-yard draw in for the TD. 28-25 Jarrell.

On the ensuing kickoff, Sommerville's return man almost broke one, but was dragged down by the kicker around midfield. Ten seconds, two plays left for the Yeguas.

On first down, the QB was pressured and was forced to throw out of bounds. On second, though, he hit their 6'3" receiver (who already had two TD receptions on the game) over the middle. The kid spun and broke free of the corner and ran towards the left sideline and open field... only to be caught by the safety at around the 20. Awesome, awesome game.

Gobbler Fan
10-02-2004, 03:31 PM
3 bucks ? ive been getting ripped I pay 5:eyetwitch

3afan
10-02-2004, 04:17 PM
any list of my favorite stadiums would not include any with a track, thats for sure ...

CRHSeagle
10-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
any list of my favorite stadiums would not include any with a track, thats for sure ...

I love playing at home for the very same reason.

HornetMom
10-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Never been inside Somerville's stadium, only seen it from the outside. Pretty neat looking.

Hey Big Daddy, going to join us next week for the Cameron game?

ILS1
10-02-2004, 07:04 PM
I like both the Waco ISD and Round Rock ISD stadiums. They are both top of the line stadiums. I heard when the WISD stadium opened up,Baylor had a game against Nebraska. All of the Nebraska buses accidentally pulled into the WISD stadium parking lot thinking it was Floyd Casey Stadium. I'm not sure if that is true or not but it is definitely tops in Texas HS football. Only probably I have with them is the staff and security teams there don't allow you to do ANYTHING there. They are TOO strict on their rules. RRISD is a whole lot more lenient. Both have great,huge replay screens.

:)

Keith7
10-02-2004, 07:06 PM
i havnt gotten out as much as alot of you guys, but i like Lake Dallas' stadium.. it isnt the biggest stadium, but is really nice

texasjeremy
10-03-2004, 01:45 AM
What are the largest 3A stadiums? Palestine's Wildcat Stadium seats 10,000, with 5000 of those being fold-down, chair back seats. Another thing that makes it nice, is that its not the usual metal bleachers built up. The stadium is build into a bowl, so when you walk into the stadium, you come in from the top and walk down to your seat.

big daddy russ
10-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Never been inside Somerville's stadium, only seen it from the outside. Pretty neat looking.

Hey Big Daddy, going to join us next week for the Cameron game?
I think I might. It's shaping up to be a humdinger.

big daddy russ
10-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Actually, I almost forgot but I'm going home this weekend. We play our archrivals (Aransas Pass) and it's starting to look like it's going to be a good game.

3afan
10-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
.... it is definitely tops in Texas HS football. ...

highly debatable ... have you been to the Birdville Stadium? or Denton ISD? or Pidgeon (sp) in Houston? there are so many good ones all with their own ups & downs.

Stangster
10-03-2004, 01:07 PM
It's not the biggest but definitely my favorite - the Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater. It's got a long history and a great tradition. This year marks the 65th anniversery of football in the bowl (thats right, first game in 1939). What a heritage! And its a true bowl (not a taco style like so many of the new ones). You can sit a watch football without all the distractions (traffic etc.). You feel like you are a part of the action. My favorite place to watch football. Go Mustangs!

3afan
10-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
It's not the biggest but definitely my favorite - the Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater. It's got a long history and a great tradition. This year marks the 65th anniversery of football in the bowl (thats right, first game in 1939). What a heritage! And its a true bowl (not a taco style like so many of the new ones). You can sit a watch football without all the distractions (traffic etc.). You feel like you are a part of the action. My favorite place to watch football. Go Mustangs!

homer pick !!! :D

lobo12
10-03-2004, 01:41 PM
yeah i like the mustang bowl too

Stangster
10-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
homer pick !!! :D

It just happens to be my home field, which means I get to see alot of games there.

3afan
10-03-2004, 03:48 PM
just messin' with ya ..........