What do you think?

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 01:51 PM
What does Breck have these days?

Ranger Mom
10-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
What does Breck have these days?

Hopefully somebody can jump in and fill us in.

As I said, I am just the messenger....the only thing I know about what Breck has....is a loss to Boyd!:p

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hopefully somebody can jump in and fill us in.

As I said, I am just the messenger....the only thing I know about what Breck has....is a loss to Boyd!:p

Ha...

Well I've seen IP play, so if I knew what kind of defense/offense that the Buckaroos have then that could help...

Also, what key players do they have...

I know they'll need a pretty consistant secondary and should not over-pursue the IP offense, must have patience and also need to stay kind of relaxed defensively...

The IP QB isn't a track star, but he has good vision and knows 'where' to go and 'where' to throw...

Keith7
10-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Ha...

Well I've seen IP play, so if I knew what kind of defense/offense that the Buckaroos have then that could help...

I know they'll need a pretty consistant secondary and should not over-pursue the IP offense, must have patience and also need to stay kind of relaxed defensively...

The IP QB isn't a track star, but he has good vision and knows 'where' to go and 'where' to throw...

who did you see them play???

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
who did you see them play???

Wimberly in Brownwood at the Gordon Wood Classic...

VWG
10-02-2004, 02:36 PM
The Buckaroos have been running a spread offense for a few years now. Got a new coach in about... hmmm, I'm gonna say 4 years ago. They have a good QB, think his name is Heatly. (SP?)
He started last year and seems to have a hold on the offense a lot better this year. They got waxed by 2A Boyd last night, but this will be an interesting matchup with Breckenridge and Iowa Park.

Ktulu345
10-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Wimberly in Brownwood at the Gordon Wood Classic...

I know I've said this a couple times, but if the Iowa Park that played Wimberley played the current Iowa Park team, the old team would have their limbs ripped off and force fed to them. I know all you have to go off of is what you've seen, but we've improved by leaps and bounds since Wimberley.

clayalan
10-02-2004, 03:46 PM
I know i'm probably going to get jumped on this one, but I was not AT ALL impressed with Iowa Park. I was at the Wimberley game, i know they beat them but it wasnt because they were good. All the turnovers inside the 20, can help ANYBODY win. who else have they played? Alright I'm ready to get slammed.

Chief Woodman
10-02-2004, 03:46 PM
If IP loses this one I will be shocked.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by clayalan
I know i'm probably going to get jumped on this one, but I was not AT ALL impressed with Iowa Park. I was at the Wimberley game, i know they beat them but it wasnt because they were good. All the turnovers inside the 20, can help ANYBODY win. who else have they played? Alright I'm ready to get slammed.

You asked for it. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-060.gif

:D

clayalan
10-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
I know I've said this a couple times, but if the Iowa Park that played Wimberley played the current Iowa Park team, the old team would have their limbs ripped off and force fed to them. I know all you have to go off of is what you've seen, but we've improved by leaps and bounds since Wimberley. Are youre saying the if IP team now played the Wimberley team again? I sure do hope ya'll have improved because WHS wont gift wrap TDs for you next time. i know its football and thats the way the game is but IP is NOT better than Wimberley and I dont care how much you improve.

Ktulu345
10-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by clayalan
who else have they played?

After Wimberley we played Childress, Wichita Falls High, and Gainesville, scores being 26-14, 25-12, and 27-3, respectively. I haven't seen Wimberely play since the Gordon Wood Classic, so I can't say that we would beat them if we were to play at this moment. And I try not to go into "if's", because they usually won't happen.

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Still haven't voted yet, how is their defense? What have they done well against and what have they not done well against?

Right now I am tied on my decision who to vote for based on Breck having a good QB in a spread offense that may expose the Iowa Park secondary (Wimberly coulda done it all night, excuse me, all DAY if their QB would have been as mobile as IP's)...

Also, how has IP faired against a 'good' spread?

IP_Hawk
10-03-2004, 12:35 PM
listen Iowa Park has improved tremondously since the Wimberley game everyone is talking about. against wichita falls old high there defence only gave up 184 yards and forced 6 turnover i believe. and this week against a very big play gainsville offence the hawks limited them to only 150 something yards. and forced i think 5 turnovers while not turning the ball over. I dont care if Iowa Park would beat wimberley thats old news Iowa Park won and its in the past the two teams wont see each other again because if wimberly goes to the playoffs they will go division 1 where as IP is division 2. Good luck To Both of these teams and everyone stop talking about the IP- Wimberley it was not the best effort for aeither team.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-03-2004, 02:51 PM
IP will win this game.

IP_Hawk
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Still haven't voted yet, how is their defense? What have they done well against and what have they not done well against?

Right now I am tied on my decision who to vote for based on Breck having a good QB in a spread offense that may expose the Iowa Park secondary (Wimberly coulda done it all night, excuse me, all DAY if their QB would have been as mobile as IP's)...

Also, how has IP faired against a 'good' spread?

Iowa Park has faced the spread offence in the childress and Gainsville game and will face it again this week at breckinridge. except for a few big plays against childress they pretty much shut childress down. and they held gainsville to 150 something yards and no score.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Hmmm...

Well, since they've faced the spread twice and have done well facing it, I'll give the nod to the Hawks on this one...

sirhc11
10-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Did Gainesville's Purvey play against IP? If he didn't then that frees up the secondary a whole lot to focus on the pass more. Breckenridge's quarterback has a great arm, but the receivers were a little shaky when they played us. I think if Breckenridge's receivers are able to catch the ball against Iowa Park then they should upset them.

Ktulu345
10-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Purvey failed, so he didn't play against Iowa Park.

Hawks83
10-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Ha...

I'm not positive, but I believe Swenson may have gone to state in track. Not sure, may have been his brother. He is very fast, though.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Hawks83
I'm not positive, but I believe Swenson may have gone to state in track. Not sure, may have been his brother. He is very fast, though.

Swenson did go to state in track...I saw him at the regional meet this last year. And as I recall he went the year before on a relay team.