PDA

View Full Version : 3A D1 Region I & II Prediction

Bullaholic
10-02-2004, 01:00 PM
I see the playoffs this way in D1- R1 & R2 right now:

Quarterfinal: Canyon-Decatur= Decatur
Princeton-Gilmer= Gilmer

Semifinal: Decatur-Gilmer= Decatur

Final: Decatur- R3 & 4 Winner ( I haven't crystal balled this one yet).

dogdad
10-02-2004, 01:08 PM
No predictions from me, but I can tell that you're way off on Princeton. They may have a 5-0 record, but they will do well to even make the playoffs. I hope they do make the play-offs, but I wouldn't bet on it. Farmersville, Royse City, Bonham, and maybe Van Alstyne could be considered equal to or better than Princeton.
If Princeton does make the play-offs, they would definitely go D1, but they would face Kennedale in the 1st round. No way Princeton (or anyone else from 9-3A) beats Kennedale. Take a closer look at Princeton's non-district schedule and you'll see that the record is deceiving. Rains outplayed Princeton last night, but wound up losing by 1.

Bullaholic
10-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Dogdad....I probably am getting influenced by Princeton's 5-0, and don't know much about the quality of opposition that some of those other teams have faced. Out of Farmersville, Royse City, Bonham, Van Alstyne, and Kennedale out of District 10, who do you think would have the best chance against Gilmer, assuning they make it to Regional?

MASH4077
10-02-2004, 01:18 PM
And you are grossly off on Kennedale, they are WAY over-rated.

Buckeye80
10-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dogdad....I probably am getting influenced by Princeton's 5-0, and don't know much about the quality of opposition that some of those other teams have faced. Out of Farmersville, Royse City, Bonham, Van Alstyne, and Kennedale out of District 10, who do you think would have the best chance against Gilmer, assuning they make it to Regional?

You're assuming that Gilmer will go D1. There is the possibility of that happening if Gladewater doesn't make the playoffs. I personally think they will sneak in, but nothing is decided yet. District play starts next week.
Out of the possible D1 teams for Reg. II that could beat Gilmer, I would say Carthage and Liberty-Eylau would have to be considered the favorites; although LE losing last night to a Paris team that Gilmer just obliterated surprised me. Carthage seems to be back on track, but I would look for a Kennedale-Gilmer match-up in the Reg II Final if it comes down to that.;)

Bullaholic
10-02-2004, 01:40 PM
An excellent analysis Buckeye80...I didn't notice that Gladwater has 3 more in enrollment than Gilmer in D13. Oh well, that's part of the risk of committing "site suicide" by making a prediction....you'll get an "education" in a big hurry.

Buckeye80
10-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
An excellent analysis Buckeye80...I didn't notice that Gladwater has 3 more in enrollment than Gilmer in D13. Oh well, that's part of the risk of committing "site suicide" by making a prediction....you'll get an "education" in a big hurry.

;)

Keith7
10-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
No predictions from me, but I can tell that you're way off on Princeton. They may have a 5-0 record, but they will do well to even make the playoffs. I hope they do make the play-offs, but I wouldn't bet on it. Farmersville, Royse City, Bonham, and maybe Van Alstyne could be considered equal to or better than Princeton.
If Princeton does make the play-offs, they would definitely go D1, but they would face Kennedale in the 1st round. No way Princeton (or anyone else from 9-3A) beats Kennedale. Take a closer look at Princeton's non-district schedule and you'll see that the record is deceiving. Rains outplayed Princeton last night, but wound up losing by 1.

Princeton is better then Royse City, Van alstyne and prolly bonham... Farmersville has a good running back though and that may make a difference

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Looks good...

Wonder who they'll play at state if it goes this way?

Jasper, Liberty Hill, Wharton and others (including some more R 3's that's for sure) look really tough in the other half of 3A when it comes to D2...

In D1 you're lookin' at WO-S, Sinton, West Columbia and a couple of others (insert some more R 3's)...

Not too sure as to where Cuero is going right now...

I'd bet a lot on seeing Cuero and Yoakum make the playoffs out of 26-3A... After that? It's looking like it is between Gonzales and Hallettsville... Hallettsville is undefeated and are pretty stingy, just lack some depth... Gonzales is stumbling a bit and has the highest enrollment in this district... SOOOOO...

It could be Cuero in D1 (with second highest enrollment) by the time the playoffs roll around...

dogdad
10-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Princeton is better then Royse City, Van alstyne and prolly bonham... Farmersville has a good running back though and that may make a difference
Which Princeton games have you seen this year?
And you're right, Farmersville has a great running back, so if that's all you need then they should go far.

dogdad
10-02-2004, 09:28 PM
well Keith7 which games have you seen?

VWG
10-02-2004, 09:51 PM
I agree on Region I DI, it's Decatur's year. Good QB and receiving corps, with a scat-back running the ball.
Ride this one for all it's worth this year Decatur. Cinderella Story.

Bullaholic
10-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Here's the method I tried to employ to come up with this prediction. I looked at the current records of all the teams in Region I & II, Districts 1-16. I ranked all the teams in D1-16 by the current standings, and then tried to deduce who would be the 2 Div 2 teams and which would be the Div I team in each district taking enrollment figures into account, and then assuming they would finish in the same order that they currently stand. I realize this is probably highly likely to change when the teams actually begin District play, but not having much familiarity with the teams out of my area, it seemed logical to use at the time as this is a very early attempt at prediction. It's great to hear the real analyses of some of these districts by fans who follow their teams year-in, year-out.

dogdad
10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
well keith if you have not even seen Princeton play, then what are you basing your expert analysis on? here's what I think...I think you don't know jack about district 9-3A. If I'm wrong then state your case and back it up.....make an argument.

HighSchool Fan
10-03-2004, 06:09 AM
Keith7, you have to remember that dogdad is the one on another message board that got upset that Royse City was not ranked in the top 10. Then he got mad and quit posting over there because no one would agree with him. Put him on your ignore list.

dogdad
10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
not true
learn to read
learn to comprehend
feel free to put me on your ignore list

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Doesn't matter what he did on some 'other' board, he does bring a good point to 'this' board...

dogdad's a good guy...