PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs. Cameron

chs_cheer06
10-02-2004, 10:21 AM
It's going to be a good game!! What do y'all think??

HornetMom
10-02-2004, 10:59 AM
This is going to be a tough game. The Hornets will have to be on top of their game, both offense and defense. They need to get a handle on the penalties and stay focused.

I won't try to predict a score on this one, it will be close, but I believe the Hornets will come out on top with a win.

chs_cheer06
10-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I think Cameron will experience a lil bit of a buttkicking this week!

Go Hornets!! We just need to stay focused and get the kinks worked out and it's all Caldwell... and we need to stop Cameron's passing game... but other than that... Go Caldwell!

SWARM the oYe....

BIGGBROTHER
10-02-2004, 02:40 PM
caldwell 21 cameron 15

chs_cheer06
10-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
caldwell 21 cameron 15

Thanks BIGBROTHER... hopefully the game's not like last year 24-23 (or 25-24 can't remember) with Caldwell winning.

blue3
10-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Caldwell has a very stout defense, but I still believe Cameron's offense will pull out more points than Caldwell's. 22-14 Cameron

chs_cheer06
10-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by blue3
Caldwell has a very stout defense, but I still believe Cameron's offense will pull out more points than Caldwell's. 22-14 Cameron

If we stop their passing game I think Caldwell will come up on top!

theyoefnshow
10-02-2004, 04:23 PM
stopping the passing game has been something nobody has stopped and it won't happen this week. Once Cameron stops Pittman (which they will, 1st half he may do alright but by second they will have him in check) we will run away with it. Cameron by 17. We aren't averaging 40 and allowing 12 for nothing.

cgaceb
10-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Past stats mean nothing in this game. These two teams are both 5-0, and are arch rivals. They also have contrasting styles. Cameron has an explosive offense, while Caldwell has a ball control offense which works hand in hand with their style of defense. This game will be close and could go either way. The team that doesn't turn the ball over, plays the best special teams, and has a little luck wins.

HornetMom
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
stopping the passing game has been something nobody has stopped and it won't happen this week. Once Cameron stops Pittman (which they will, 1st half he may do alright but by second they will have him in check) we will run away with it. Cameron by 17. We aren't averaging 40 and allowing 12 for nothing.

Caldwell's averages are 28 and allowing 7

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm going to go with Cameron if they can stop the run. I've heard that Cameron needs some linebackers, and if Caldwell can exploit this, then maybe they have a chance, but I think that Cameron will come out on top.

jason
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
where is this game at? and how far is that from copperas cove?

HornetMom
10-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Game's in Caldwell. Not sure how far it is, but it would be worth the drive.

If you get down for it, CHS_Grad'85 and I and the rest of the gang would love to see ya.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jason
and how far is that from copperas cove?

Caldwell's close to College Station.

HornetMom
10-02-2004, 04:55 PM
My Trip maker says about 95 miles.

jason
10-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Yahoo! says 95.2 Miles - 2 hours 36 minutes...

...thats a little far...

HornetMom
10-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Yea, its farther than I thought. But if you decide to come down, let us know and we'll meet up before the game.

theyoefnshow
10-02-2004, 05:39 PM
jason, from Cove you come through Temple, hit 36 headed to Cameron. That trip alone is about an hour if you are gunning it. Just slow down in Rogers. Once you reach Cameron, Caldwell is right at a half hour from there. Don't have the exact highway, roads and turn from Cameron but it is not a near 3 hour drive. 1 and a half if you know where u are going, 2 if you stop at a Sonic along the way! ;)

jason
10-02-2004, 05:42 PM
jason, from Cove you come through Temple, hit 36 headed to Cameron. That trip alone is about an hour if you are gunning it. Just slow down in Rogers. Once you reach Cameron, Caldwell is right at a half hour from there. Don't have the exact highway, roads and turn from Cameron but it is not a near 3 hour drive. 1 and a half if you know where u are going, 2 if you stop at a Sonic along the way! ;) hmm, i figured it was a shorter drive than what yahoo said...its still a long ways for a regular season game...

2 questions:

1. will the game be worth the drive?
2. ill think of something

theyoefnshow
10-02-2004, 05:44 PM
1)yes. It could very well decide the district title IF both teams continue to play top of their game win or lose after this one is over.

2)good luck!

chs_cheer06
10-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Yes, I think it's worth the drive... It's probably the biggest game both teams have played... I know it is for Caldwell! If you come down head over to the gym to watch the Lady Hornet volleyball team beat Cameron and eat some fried chicken our PTO is having $6 per plate.. I know it was good last year hopefully it is this year!

BIGGBROTHER
10-02-2004, 09:58 PM
THAT AINT FAIR FOOTBALL AND FRIED CHICKEN IM GETTING FATTER JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

chs_cheer06
10-02-2004, 10:30 PM
THAT AINT FAIR FOOTBALL AND FRIED CHICKEN IM GETTING FATTER JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

Not just football... It's Football, Volleyball and fried chicken!! yum.... sounds good right now... Can't wait until Friday now.

ctplaya
10-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Allthough Pittman is our most dominant player, he is not our only weapon. So stopping Kendrick isn't necessarily going to stop our offense. Ask Lagrange and Hearne. And all I can say about ya'lls passing game is with Caldwell's dominating defense, let's just hope Mullens will have enough time to do a 3 step drop, let alone pass the ball. We already know ya'll will break one or two. But its gonna take a lot more than that to beat us.

HornetMom
10-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ctplaya
Allthough Pittman is our most dominant player, he is not our only weapon. So stopping Kendrick isn't necessarily going to stop our offense. Ask Lagrange and Hearne. And all I can say about ya'lls passing game is with Caldwell's dominating defense, let's just hope Mullens will have enough time to do a 3 step drop, let alone pass the ball. We already know ya'll will break one or two. But its gonna take a lot more than that to beat us.

:clap: :cheerl: :clap: :cheerl: :clap: :cheerl:

theyoefnshow
10-03-2004, 01:23 PM
your "super defense" has stopped the "mighty" Hearne, the "powerhouse" Leon and the struggling La Grange & Giddings. I'm sorry but I'm not impressed. Your boys have seen NOTHING like Mullins and the Yoe offense. You think he is the only weapon? 5 receivers and 3 or 4 guys that can run the ball are going to provide some headaches. I can't wait. Caldwell is good I'll give you that but it's going to be a dogfight that's for sure.

CHS_CG
10-03-2004, 01:36 PM
oYe Show you say you have more than just Mullins, then lets see it! Caldwell is ready for the Cameron oYe and just like you have more than Mullins, we have more than Pittman. I guess we will have to wait till Friday night to see who's boys are going to give the other team headaches!

BIGGBROTHER
10-03-2004, 01:54 PM
caldwell by 15 cameron your number one your the greatest your so good you walk funny but still caldwell by 15

CHS_CG
10-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh and oYe show may I remind you that Caldwell's Defense has only allowed 35 pts this season... so just because you think the oYe are goin to stop Pittman doesnt mean you are goin to stop our Defense!

marlin fan
10-03-2004, 02:21 PM
GO HORNETS STING THE YOEMEN!!!!!!!!!

theyoefnshow
10-03-2004, 04:37 PM
you've allowed few points to lesser quality teams. Read my earlier post that breaks it down easily for you so that you may comprehend that. But hey, if you want to rest on your vaunted defense, be my guest. If they want to center in on him that's good but consider you may have a thousand yard rusher but we have a thousand yard passer. Caldwell is in for a very rude awakening. AND......since I've said what I need to say regarding this game, you have my word that I am not going to post another thing regarding it until Friday night when it's over. At that point I will give the winning team their props and look on to next week. Have fun w/ the daydreaming until then!!!

RTX 14
10-03-2004, 05:45 PM
the only way i see caldwell winning is if they get pressure on mullins and force him to make mistakes, and i dont know what camerons pass blocking is like, and i believe cameron can stop the caldwell offensive game, and knowing how cameron gets fired up for games, this is a big one so thell be pumped, so im giving the edge to cameron 14-7

HornetMom
10-03-2004, 05:53 PM
you've allowed few points to lesser quality teams. Read my earlier post that breaks it down easily for you so that you may comprehend that. But hey, if you want to rest on your vaunted defense, be my guest. If they want to center in on him that's good but consider you may have a thousand yard rusher but we have a thousand yard passer. Caldwell is in for a very rude awakening. AND......since I've said what I need to say regarding this game, you have my word that I am not going to post another thing regarding it until Friday night when it's over. At that point I will give the winning team their props and look on to next week. Have fun w/ the daydreaming until then!!!

Based on Jerry's TX Highschool Ratings from week 5;
Caldwell's schedule

Team State Ranking (in their class)
Bellville - 41
Jewett - 59
Hearne - 93
L.G. - 47
Giddings 92

Cameron's schedule

Fairfield - 85
Bellville - 41
Franklin - 96
Manor - 32
Smithville - 183

Looks about even to me.

By the way, Week 6 on Jerry's picks are out and Caldwell is now ranked 20, Cameron 22. He picks Caldwell to win by 4.

I know this in one of many ratings, but looks real close to me.
This is going to be one heck of a game.

BIGGBROTHER
10-03-2004, 06:00 PM
camerons schedule was that weak?
i retract last few predictions

caldwell 45 cameron 14
this game should be over by the end of the third quarter
sorry yoe thought yall walked through a deeper valley

RTX 14
10-03-2004, 06:04 PM
camerons schedule was that weak?
i retract last few predictions

caldwell 45 cameron 14
this game should be over by the end of the third quarter
sorry yoe thought yall walked through a deeper valley

i think there pretty even but thats just me, and even if they the teams cameron played were weak, dont expect them just to roll over and get blown out, thell put up a fight

HornetMom
10-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by RTX 14
i think there pretty even but thats just me, and even if they the teams cameron played were weak, dont expect them just to roll over and get blown out, thell put up a fight

The same could be said about Caldwell. We are not going to lay down either.

RTX 14
10-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
The same could be said about Caldwell. We are not going to lay down either.

ii know, im just replying on big brothers remark in that saying caldwell will just crush cameron 45-14, in my opinion in being that we have played cameron the number of years that rockdale has, that just aint gonna happen

BIGGBROTHER
10-03-2004, 06:55 PM
im not saying anyone is going to laydown yall are pretty even
fight this is the game of the week 5-0 records , rivals
still caldwell to win

chs_cheer06
10-03-2004, 07:04 PM
I don't know who will come up on top but hopefully, hopefully it's Caldwell.... :D

Pudlugger
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Caldwell 28
Cameron 21

HornetMom
10-03-2004, 07:22 PM
im not saying anyone is going to laydown yall are pretty even
fight this is the game of the week 5-0 records , rivals
still caldwell to win

Yes, this is going to be the game of the week. I don't even want to predict a points spread, it will be a close one.

chs_cheer06
10-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Caldwell 50
oYe 00

Don't I wish it was like that.. hey you never know it may be like that! Let's pray it is!

marlin fan
10-03-2004, 08:34 PM
lol babe ur not gonna do them like marlin did them last year!!!!

chs_cheer06
10-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey you never know we just might!

jason
10-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by chs_cheer06
Hey you never know we just might! both teams are 5-0 ?? interesting

chs_cheer06
10-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
both teams are 5-0 ?? interesting

yes it is interesting but i still say 50-00 lol

marlin fan
10-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey you never know we just might! it dont get that good!!! and plus marlin was up last year and cameron was way below their skill level!!!!

chs_cheer06
10-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
it dont get that good!!! and plus marlin was up last year and cameron was way below their skill level!!!!

You never know it may just be Caldwells up year!

Swarm the oYe

marlin fan
10-03-2004, 08:45 PM
You never know it may just be Caldwells up year!

Swarm the oYe haha i hope caldwell wins but i dont think yall will beat them by much should be a close game if u ask me!!!

chs_cheer06
10-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
haha i hope caldwell wins but i dont think yall will beat them by much should be a close game if u ask me!!!

Yes we will! We will win !! We'll dominate both offense and defense!!

Go Caldwell beat the oYe 50-00

cgaceb
10-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Like I said earlier, this will be a close game and the team who has the best night with special teams and turnovers wins.

As for the toughest opponents, I say each teams opponents are pretty even.

both played Bellville
Cameron played Franklin Caldwell played Leon, about the same
Cameron played Fairfield Caldwell played Hearne, about the same
Cameron played Smithville who's not as good as Lagrange
Cameron played Manor who is about like Giddings

CHS_CG
10-03-2004, 09:10 PM
CHS_cheer06 dont be talking us up like that lol... its just a dream to beat the oYe by 50 hehehe... I will go out on a limb and say with Caldwell's good defense and Cameron... the score will me Caldwell 17 oYemen 14.

Dogman
10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
The oYe force the Hornets to throw. Yoeman win by 3 td's.........

CHS_Grad '85
10-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Well this game will come down to who wants it the most... my only prediction - it's going to be so close that everyone will leave the staduim feeling like they just got off a roller coaster ride...

Balboa
10-04-2004, 09:35 AM
all cameron has to do is key Pittman...he gets the ball atleast 35 times a game.. key him and you will find the ball......

CHS_Grad '85
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
:rolleyes: yeah... that's the game plan to go with... :hand:

CHS_CG
10-04-2004, 04:40 PM
You know Balboa you are sooo right.. I mean Pittman is our ONLY player on the team.. I mean the rest of the guys just dont know what they are doing... umm yeah whatever! :hand: :rolleyes:

CHSBaseball07
10-04-2004, 07:48 PM
It will be a GREAT game.........fight to the end.......WE WILL come out on top........thats how our team is this year.....they will fight until they have won.......

CALDWELL 28
cameron 14

CHSBaseball07
10-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Im tired of hearing this KEY ON PITTMAN.................He is GOOD.......But we have others too

even if yall do KEY ON HIM.....YALL WONT STOP HIM!

blue3
10-04-2004, 08:45 PM
I feel sorry for all the Caldwell fans after friday night if they lose! Yall are extremely confident right now. But it is better to be confident.

CHS_Grad '85
10-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Don't feel sorry for us... we know the feeling of losing... but we love the feeling of winning... but then again - doesn't everyone???

chs_cheer06
10-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I really don't know what else to say about this game other than it is going to be a very good one! I mean so close I, personally will not have a single fingernail on all 10 of my fingers! I don't know about the rest of y'all but I think it will be good! Like everyone has said Pittman is NOT our only player.. If he is then how have we only allowed 35 pts in 5 games... I know he didn't do it all by himself .. so Keying on Pittman is B/S.... Theres no one person on a team!

cHs_gUaRd_06
10-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Easy on all the confidence other Caldwell people...ya' never know what could happen...I mean, of course I'm for the Hornets too, just simmer down...Nobody knows for sure what's gonna happen and no one will till Friday Night! All you can do is hope and pray! If the boys want it bad enough, they'll get it. But of course I'm gonna go with Caldwell winning the game. And as everyone has said before KENDRICK IS NOT OUR ONLY PLAYER!!! There's plenty more to win the game...*STING 'EM*

CHS_CG
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
I quit.. yall know how I feel already! I might be talking about Caldwell winning ALOT but guess what we have the stuff to back it up this year! Cameron.. best of luck to yall.. just remember my boys always play better when YOU are in OUR house!

GO HORNETS STING THE oYe!

cunbed10
10-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Leon is just going 2 say good luck 2 both teams can;t pick one, I think they call this neutral.

chs_cheer06
10-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Okay I'm you CHS_CG I give up... everyone knows how i feel too... And I feel bad b/c i have failed to tell Cameron GOOD LUCK.. sorry... BUT Caldwell y'all need to G.A.T.A. right away! Go Hornets!

SWARM THE oYe...

CHS-playa06
10-06-2004, 06:43 PM
what are camerons concerns on the weather? I know theres a chance of rain so its gunna be a little tough to rely on the passing game! On the other hand caldwells more of a running offense so I believe if cameron dont get a running game going then it should be over pretty quick!

chs_cheer06
10-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah... Good point CHS-playa

CHS_CG
10-07-2004, 01:48 PM
The rain will be a big factor in Friday nights game... in fact it is raining here bad right now! Dont let the rain ruin your friday night though!!! If you were planing on coming to the game then still come.... just make sure you bring a change of clothes incase you get too wet lol!!!!!! Good luck to Cameron but again I say

GO HORNETS STING THE oYemen!

chs_cheer06
10-07-2004, 04:38 PM
This will be the last time I'm going to be able to say anything about the game b/c from tonight on I'm BUSY! Well good luck to both teams but i PRAY that Caldwell will come out on top! If you're coming to the game bring an umberella (sp?) and a change of clothes like chs_cg said ... C-ya there... don't be late... kick off is at 7:30...

edibleeggs
10-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by cgaceb
Like I said earlier, this will be a close game and the team who has the best night with special teams and turnovers wins.

As for the toughest opponents, I say each teams opponents are pretty even.

both played Bellville
Cameron played Franklin Caldwell played Leon, about the same
Cameron played Fairfield Caldwell played Hearne, about the same
Cameron played Smithville who's not as good as Lagrange
Cameron played Manor who is about like Giddings

I am terribly sorry to break this to you, but can you honestly tell me that Giddings is just as good as Manor. LOL that is ridiculous. Also I'd also like to break it to you that pittman is their MAIN player. Granted they do have a decent qb now...but caldwell hardly ever throws the ball so that means that no receivers are that much of a threat and hardly no one else runs the ball. So tell me who else on the offense is a game breaker or that "other" person that Caldwell has? Defense I will have to admit has impressed me, and has keys players on it. If it does not rain and cameron is allowed to throw the ball then Derrick Evans will tear Caldwell a new one just as he did last year. Now if Caldwell runs the ball well I will still have to say Cameron will come out on top because I just don't think they have the discipline in a close game. I shall be rooting for Caldwell though...b/c i dislike Cameron but Caldwell needs to lose this EXTREME CONFIDENCE y'all have. Everyone Take Care!

cgaceb
10-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by edibleeggs
I am terribly sorry to break this to you, but can you honestly tell me that Giddings is just as good as Manor. LOL that is ridiculous. Also I'd also like to break it to you that pittman is their MAIN player. Granted they do have a decent qb now...but caldwell hardly ever throws the ball so that means that no receivers are that much of a threat and hardly no one else runs the ball. So tell me who else on the offense is a game breaker or that "other" person that Caldwell has? Defense I will have to admit has impressed me, and has keys players on it. If it does not rain and cameron is allowed to throw the ball then Derrick Evans will tear Caldwell a new one just as he did last year. Now if Caldwell runs the ball well I will still have to say Cameron will come out on top because I just don't think they have the discipline in a close game. I shall be rooting for Caldwell though...b/c i dislike Cameron but Caldwell needs to lose this EXTREME CONFIDENCE y'all have. Everyone Take Care!
I'd hate to break it to you but manor won't even play Giddings close. Giddings will score 30+ points on Manor just like everybody else has.

ctplaya
10-07-2004, 08:26 PM
edibleeggs, even though you didnt come flat out and say it, reading between the lines it sounds like you were trying to say that Caldwell is overated. I dont blame you b/c I didnt expect us to get the respect we deserve until we won district. N-E-Wayz if we are overated then Manor Is Overated to the max. How long is it going to take people to realize that Manor last year and Manor this year dont even mix. If you havent heard they lost to Hutto. Hutto lost to Rockdale. PITIFUL!!! And you just keep thinking we arent that good until we beat Cameron tomorrow and then in two weeks kill Manor.

ctplaya
10-07-2004, 08:35 PM
edibleeggs, even though you didnt just come out and say it, reading between the lines it sounds like you are trying to say that Caldwell is overated.This really doesnt suprise me b/c i wasnt expecting us to get the respect we deserve until we won our district. But if we are underated, Manor is extremely overated. How long is it going to take people to understand that Manor is not that good. Manor last year and Manor this year dont mix. Manor lost to Hutto who lost to Rockdale. PITIFUL!!!! And yes Giddings is as good as Manor. And after we beat Cameron tomorrow in two weeks we will also kill Manor

chs_cheer06
10-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Okay I lied... this will be my last post until after the game tomorrow night! Well lets pray that the rains comes before the game and stops and doesnt start until after Caldwell wins! Good luck to everyone! G.A.T.A Caldwell! Lets whoop some oYe rearend!

CHS_CG
10-07-2004, 11:57 PM
I guess its pointless... what does Caldwell have to do to get some RESPECT around here..Walk on water??? even then that probably wouldnt be good enough for you guys! Caldwell is a great team... we wouldnt be 5-0 right now if we werent! We have the skill and the desire to beat the oYe tomorrow night and as long as our players coaches and fans believe we can do it (without getting huge heads about it) then we can beat them! Nobody thought Caldwell would be 5-0 so far but we proved them wrong.... didnt we!