PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park 27 Gainseville 3

SoulTaker_IP
10-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Hawks are now 6-0 with a big win over gainseville at there homecoming game, by the way Pervy failed and was not eligible to play.

Keith7
10-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by SoulTaker_IP
Hawks are now 6-0 with a big win over gainseville at there homecoming game, by the way Pervy failed and was not eligible to play.

his name is purvey and we already know.. you should go and thank god right now that he was not able to play... seriously.. go!

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
his name is purvey and we already know.. you should go and thank god right now that he was not able to play... seriously.. go!

Does this give me the right to say "Cooper is out for the season with an injury, better be glad he was" if Cuero loses soon?

No, still 5-0 without him...

there is no purvey in team...

PPHSfan
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
LOL,

I think Keith was just picking on the newbie for spelling his name wrong.:D

Keith7
10-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Does this give me the right to say "Cooper is out for the season with an injury, better be glad he was" if Cuero loses soon?

No, still 5-0 without him...

there is no purvey in team...

well Cooper may not be Cuero's only offensive weapon either..

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 12:59 AM
And I'm just picking on keither...

Waiting to see if he replies like I 'hope' he does...

(you can do it)

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 01:00 AM
well Cooper may not be Cuero's only offensive weapon either..

You didn't do it...

you were supposed to say

"Ya, well there aint no 'we' neither"

Dangit! ha

SoulTaker_IP
10-02-2004, 01:00 AM
i agree with gobbla, its not thank god he didnt play, im not sure what #20's name was but he was very fast, very good player, but like gobbla said there is no purvey in team, but loosing him took alot of momentum from the team away, and good luck to gainseville in there district play

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:03 AM
I have been saying IP was a good team. I would like Keith's thoughts on them.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2004, 01:04 AM
hehe...keith picks on the kid for having the player's name wrong, but doesn't say anything about the city!

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I have been saying IP was a good team. I would like Keith's thoughts on them.

Good, yes....

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Good, yes....

They may not be as good as several of the top tier teams, but you know when playoffs come several teams just win that shouldn't. This may just be one of those teams.

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 01:09 AM
They have a shot, big question on 'depth' though...

Special teams is under control, great QB...

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:14 AM
They have a shot, big question on 'depth' though...

Special teams is under control, great QB...

When I saw them play old high I think they only suited up 30. As the season wears on and injuries occur that could be a big hurt on them. They just seem scrapy to me. They have good play calling, a good Qb, a decent defense, and just some sort of MoJo.

I'll watch them again in two weeks as they play Vernon. Vernon's defense will help the Lions contain the hawks, but right now, Vernon's offense will be lucky to get a 1st down against the Hawks.

From what I have seen, I think IP will beat both Vernon and Graham to take the district. They will go DII and who knows then.

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 01:17 AM
When I saw them play old high I think they only suited up 30. As the season wears on and injuries occur that could be a big hurt on them. They just seem scrapy to me. They have good play calling, a good Qb, a decent defense, and just some sort of MoJo.

I'll watch them again in two weeks as they play Vernon. Vernon's defense will help the Lions contain the hawks, but right now, Vernon's offense will be lucky to get a 1st down against the Hawks.

From what I have seen, I think IP will beat both Vernon and Graham to take the district. They will go DII and who knows then.

They are scrappy, play with a lot of heart...

The numbers just amazed me man, figured there would be more, depth can bite you in 3A...

but they are dang good... if they reach the playoffs 10-0, they're great, just gotta see what everyone else brings to the table...

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:20 AM
We will just have to keep an eye on them. Graham will be their test.

Decatur seems to be the big dog in region I after whipping Wylie, who whipped Graham. Canyon is also 6-0 and I'm still watching them. Breckenridge was beat by Brady to go to 5-1. I'm curious about Brady this year as I think they have won some games, so if anyone knows about them, give an update.

SoulTaker_IP
10-02-2004, 01:21 AM
as of now we have 28 players, 25 suited up for tonights game, we will have 27 back starting monday

Keith7
10-02-2004, 01:22 AM
I didn't see the game, but i dont think alot can be taken from it, Gainesville isnt a top team like they were last year, not to take credit away from Iowa Park, they are a good team and alway have been.. but from what i've read and know about the 3 teams you've mentioned, I think Graham is stronger then both IP and Vernon.. but the Graham and IP game will be a good one to watch... I think the distrcit will end up 1. Graham 2. Iowa Park and 3. Vernon, but who knows this seems to be a season of parody in H.S. Football, and all these teams are rivals so anything can happen... I would love to be a linebacker in that district though, alot of power running!!!

Keith7
10-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by SoulTaker_IP
i agree with gobbla, its not thank god he didnt play, im not sure what #20's name was but he was very fast, very good player, but like gobbla said there is no purvey in team, but loosing him took alot of momentum from the team away, and good luck to gainseville in there district play

#20, Jerome Hewitt is a good running back, but not exactly a d-1 prospect like Purvey.. plus its hard to get running when they cannot pass (on the field or in the class room)

I like that they put Collin Sikes in at QB he is only a sophmore but may be as good as the starter right now.. let the young guys get some experience

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:25 AM

I don't know the last time Graham has lost 3 in a row. Ip is a better team than Graham.

Keith7
10-02-2004, 01:27 AM
I don't know the last time Graham has lost 3 in a row. Ip is a better team than Graham.

look who Graham has played, and who Iowa Park has played...

Graham is not a top 10 team, but neither is Iowa Park, but between the 2, Graham is better

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:32 AM
look who Graham has played, and who Iowa Park has played...

Graham is not a top 10 team, but neither is Iowa Park, but between the 2, Graham is better

Ip played Wichita Falls Old High. They are not a tough as usual, but that should make a statement. Plus if gainesville is at least average then IP made another statement. Plus Wylie spanked Graham. Decatur did the same, it is not like they were even close. I think Graham has some problems but I have not seen them (save the highlights on TV) so maybe they are better than the have shown the past three weeks.

Keith7
10-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Who knows what will happen, it should be a great game between IP and Graham.. Graham has played against the top teams in state and i believe that is what will pull them thru that game...

IP took advantage of turnovers in the Gainesville game, and has a tought defense, but don't take too much from the Gainesville game, they arnt the same team from years past...

but this is my last post for the night.. it was good debating w/ yall

DOGFAN
10-02-2004, 09:27 AM
We will just have to keep an eye on them. Graham will be their test.

Decatur seems to be the big dog in region I after whipping Wylie, who whipped Graham. Canyon is also 6-0 and I'm still watching them. Breckenridge was beat by Brady to go to 5-1. I'm curious about Brady this year as I think they have won some games, so if anyone knows about them, give an update.

Brady is decent. I know they beat Clyde, Ballinger and Breckenridge. I think they started 4-0 but got whipped pretty good last week against Jim Ned a good 2a school.

DOGFAN
10-02-2004, 09:32 AM

IP is looking good but they are small and Graham is big and physical. Graham also gave Decatur a better game than Wylie did so they are a little unpredictable right now.

Gobbla2001
10-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
IP is looking good but they are small and Graham is big and physical. Graham also gave Decatur a better game than Wylie did so they are a little unpredictable right now.

Small? Have you seen some of those kids on the oline? The two tackles are huge...

HighSchool Fan
10-02-2004, 10:11 AM
I have to agree with dogman, IP did look small last night.

Keith7, don't be surprised if Matt Keeler starts playing some QB. He has been on the varsity this year. Cordell had him play JV this week to get him some playing time. Everyone that I talked to at the game last night said that he was awesome. Cordell had him on the sidelines last night, just couldn't play him since he played this week already.

Keith7
10-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I have to agree with dogman, IP did look small last night.

Keith7, don't be surprised if Matt Keeler starts playing some QB. He has been on the varsity this year. Cordell had him play JV this week to get him some playing time. Everyone that I talked to at the game last night said that he was awesome. Cordell had him on the sidelines last night, just couldn't play him since he played this week already.

If it works then i won't mind.. cuz what they are doing now is not working

VWG
10-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Iowa Park is a talented crew. Their offense keeps defensive coordinators on their toes. Multiple sets, run and pass.
They have a good QB who is quick.
Vernon and Graham will test them in district.
Breckenridge lost to Boyd, not Brady.
It will be interesting in district 5 this year. I don't think Vernon or Graham have played to their potential. I've heard that Graham shoots themselves in the foot too many times. Fumbles, penalties, and more fumbles. In a 21-14 game against Marlin, the Marlin team picked up a fumble while Graham was inside their 20 and returned for a TD.
Vernon has also been plagued by putting the ball on the grass, and both Graham and Vernon have no passing attack.
The thing that Graham and Vernon both have is attacking defenses. This will be the key to both teams stopping Iowa Park.

MASH4077
10-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Breckenridge was beaten by 2A Boyd(6-0) not Brady.