PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Jasper

JasperDog94
10-20-2003, 11:54 AM
I've noticed something over the past few weeks:

Before Jasper played Kirbyville, several folks from Kirbyville popped up making a lot of posts. After Kirbyville lost, most (not all) have disappeared.

Before the Jasper Newton game, lots of new posters started weighing in on the game. Most of the Newton posters have stuck around after the game. That shows a lot of class. Much love to the Newtonians! :D

Now Jasper's taking on Diboll and we're starting to see more posts by folks from Diboll. No offense, but if you make a prediction about Jasper beating Diboll, some of the posters get really irate. (not you mistance)

Conclusion: Playing Jasper brings people out of the piney woods and onto 3ADownLow! :D :D :D

spiveyrat
10-20-2003, 12:06 PM
If I'm remembering right, the Diboll people that posted the week of the Jasper game last year were pretty much the same caliber as this years bunch. A lot of you guys do a poor job of representing your community. Is it the water there, perhaps?

JasperDog94
10-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Spivey, it may be the water. Maybe it's leakage from the manufacturing of lumber into the water system... :p

St. Ivender
10-20-2003, 12:26 PM
We all drink the same water my brothers. Except for me, I have this delicious city water here in H-town.

Wildcat81
10-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Jasperdog94 I couldn't agree with you more. All the Kirbyville posters have disappeared, except for me where oh where have the K-ville posters gone,oh where could they be. :p :p

DOGcatcher
10-20-2003, 01:03 PM
You guys can say anything about me you want.. i posted alot of B.S. and am here to say BRING IT...

Whats the fun of this thing if you can't take whats coming to you after the fact...

Old No. 7
10-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Well, I wasn't logged on at the time Jasper and Kirbyville played but I'm here now. The DOGS ARE DOING WELL AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. A friend offered me a Bulldog hat this morning which I gladly accepted. I told him I would wear it when the Dogs are in the playoffs.I'M WEARING MY K-VILLE Hat right now.( I have a Newton hat also).

crimson blood
10-20-2003, 01:38 PM
d'catcher, i must admit i was pleasantly surprised you stayed, especially after all your posts. cudoes to you :)

let's see what happens to the 'jax after friday night. :p

JasperDog94
10-20-2003, 03:51 PM
crimson blood:
d'catcher, i must admit i was pleasantly surprised you stayed, especially after all your posts. cudoes to you :)

let's see what happens to the 'jax after friday night. :p Here, here! wink

j_dog
10-21-2003, 02:31 AM
spiveyrat:
If I'm remembering right, the Diboll people that posted the week of the Jasper game last year were pretty much the same caliber as this years bunch. A lot of you guys do a poor job of representing your community. Is it the water there, perhaps?Spiveyrat, I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any Diboll posts this year that even remotely resemble the trash that was posted by some purported Diboll fans last year. Sure, the Diboll posters this year believe in their team, but that is their job to believe in their team. :) To me, this year I believe the Diboll emphasis is more on why they think they can beat the Dogs, not on why they think the Dogs are terrible and weak. And, to me, that is a big difference. Good luck to both teams, and Go Dogs! :D

edit:
Spiveyrat, I read some more and I think I see what you were talking about. Still not as bad as last year, but definitely some not nice comments, especially about Woodville and Huntington! :mad:

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

spiveyrat
10-21-2003, 06:35 AM
j_dog:

spiveyrat:
If I'm remembering right, the Diboll people that posted the week of the Jasper game last year were pretty much the same caliber as this years bunch. A lot of you guys do a poor job of representing your community. Is it the water there, perhaps?Spiveyrat, I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any Diboll posts this year that even remotely resemble the trash that was posted by some purported Diboll fans last year. Sure, the Diboll posters this year believe
in their team, but that is their job to believe in their team. :) To me, this year I believe the Diboll emphasis is more on why they think they can beat the Dogs, not on why they think the Dogs are terrible and weak. And, to me, that is a big difference. Good luck to both teams, and Go Dogs! :D

edit:
Spiveyrat, I read some more and I think I see what you were talking about. Still not as bad as last year, but definitely some not nice comments, especially about Woodville and Huntington! :mad: True, not as bad... but the anger is there like it was last year.

Rooster
10-22-2003, 08:08 PM
You can't blame Diboll fans for supporting their team. What else do they have to do?

Go Dawgs!!!

Rooster
10-22-2003, 08:14 PM
I've not posted alot, mainly read what ya'll have to say but I gotta say that I am very impressed with this site and have completely enjoyed the banter between the opposing fans. Gotta say Jasper and Newton fans seem to have a higher level of understanding of football, Kirbyville posters wanna be but haven't quite made it and Diboll fans......well the posts speak for themselves. Is their school actually state certified? If so spelling and gramar must be electives.

Go Dawgs!!!!!

bearkatdad
10-22-2003, 08:33 PM
It seems as though it doesn't matter who Jasper plays, we always seem to get some opposing fans that take this so seriously and sometimes get 'mean' :) !!! But we usually overwhelm them with our numbers (and our kindness) :D ...lots of good Jasper fans here. Keep on trucking, Dogs!!