PDA

View Full Version : some Panhandle scores

Da Mules
10-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Canyon 25, Lubbock Cooper 20 (maybe incorrect, will update as soon as I can get accurate score)
Borger 12, Lubbock Estacado 6
Sweetwater 48, Levelland 6
Littlefield 28, Floydada Whirlwinds 7
Brownfield 14, Crane 7 (3Q)
Snyder 15, Andrews 12 (3Q)
Idalou 12, Shallowater 0- Shally goes 0-6 now

and the clincher
:eek:
Amarillo River Road 13, Muleshoe Mules 6

Unfortunately, sometimes kids get to believing all the BS in the newspapers. After being hyped up as one of the top 3A programs in the Panhandle/South Plains area, tonight da Mules were caught looking past the Wildcats to district play; they were outplayed, outhustled, and out-coached. Muleshoe had 2 lost fumbles and 3 interceptions. da Mules TB' fell on his ass at least 5 times in the wet field; you would think we know enough about football to bring extra cleats. :mad: :mad: The play calling was predictable and it seemed the Wildcats, who had two weeks to prepare for the game, knew da Mules offense better than we did...Special note to Mules coaching staff: 1) if you can't block the middle, you can't run up the middle, and 2) you can only go to the well so many times (inside option up the middle, and 3) nobody took the air out of the football... the short passing game was there, if we hadn't wasted all night running up the middle for no gain, when we didn't fumble it 1st or fall on our butts in the mud.
River Road deserves some respect... they manhandled the O-line, and totally shut down the running game. Their linebacker Alarcon played a fine game. They were behind 6-0 at the start of the 4th quarter, and did what it took to pull out an ugly win. Congratulations Wildcats.
Mules--OK hopefully you've had your off night.. come back to earth. District play starts new week. LET"S SUCK IT UP AND GET BACK TO FORM!!:clap: :clap:

Keith7
10-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Canyon 25, Lubbock Cooper 20 (maybe incorrect, will update as soon as I can get accurate score)
Borger 12, Lubbock Estacado 6
Sweetwater 48, Levelland 6
Littlefield 28, Floydada Whirlwinds 7
Brownfield 14, Crane 7 (3Q)
Snyder 15, Andrews 12 (3Q)
Idalou 12, Shallowater 0- Shally goes 0-6 now

Man i wish you would spell right for a change, so i could add these to my list..

who is Floydada Whirlwinds

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Man i wish you would spell right for a change, so i could add these to my list..

who is Floydada Whirlwinds

Floydada is NE of Lubbock - they are the Whirlwinds.

Keith7
10-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Floydada is really there name???

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes, for real. It's the "Pumpkin Capital". When you get back, you really should get out more. :D

Keith7
10-01-2004, 11:57 PM
wow well i appologize to "Da mules" and now i know a good place to go for halloween

Da Mules
10-02-2004, 12:04 AM
No offense taken, Keith
Repeat after me, so you can add it to your list:
Floi- day - duh.
Floy-day-dah.
Floydada Whirlwinds. Class 2a. will be pretty tough in their district. Can be violent and unpredictable; especially if they tangle with the Lamesa Golden Tornadoes or the Winters Blizzards.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Very nice. ;)

Keith7
10-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
No offense taken, Keith
Repeat after me, so you can add it to your list:
Floi- day - duh.
Floy-day-dah.
Floydada Whirlwinds. Class 2a. will be pretty tough in their district. Can be violent and unpredictable; especially if they tangle with the Lamesa Golden Tornadoes or the Winters Blizzards.

lol.... people better bring their umbrellas for those games! they could get ugly!

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Da Mules:

This one surprised me. Maybe the Mules can learn from this game and get back on track. Sometimes a loss can bring the kids togther.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:21 AM
Did Perryton have a bye?

Da Mules
10-02-2004, 10:19 AM
classic case of over-confidence and taking an opponent too lightly. You could see the difference in "fire" between the Roadies and da Mules.. it was their homecoming, and they were pumped. Mulies kinda strolled around.. the coaches have to take a lot of blame for this one; both in preparation and especially in play-calling. I really do believe Muleshoe took this game for granted, and was not prepared mentally. They did not have anything approaching the intensity they had shown prior to this game. RR wanted it more than da Mules, they showed it, and they deserved the win. THeir only losses this year were to 2A power Canadian and an improving 4A Amarillo Canyon-- they are better than what has been said about them. Congratulations Wildcats.

BTW, River Road has one of the worst 3A field surfaces I have ever seen.. patchy grass and huge bare patches of bare dirt. Very nice stadium, good parking lot, and a 6-man quality "pasture" to play in. Spend a little money on fertilizer and the sprinklers next summer, willya Wildcats?:D

Da Mules
10-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Here is the game story from Amarillo Globe. they were nice and didn't mention da Mules dead Asses (pun intended :D ) Link also contains a nice color photo of the Roadies purple home uniforms.

Road stunds Mules (http://www.amarillo.com/stories/100204/hss_riverrdstuns.shtml)

thumptbh
10-02-2004, 11:19 AM
lol nice pun!!!!!

keep your head up mules

the real season is just beginning.

Da Mules
10-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks thump. District 2 kicks off next Friday. Muleshoe vs Levelland. I don't really know anything about those Levelland Lowblows, except they are getting blown out by top-notch programs like Swater, Snyder, etc. It seems they do have some offensive firepower. But I definitely think da Mules getting a wake-up call right now is for the best, eh?

BTW: Wow those Canyon Iggles are for real. Appears they had a ding-dong scrap with Lubbock Cooper. Any comments on that game? What did you think about Cooper's running game? Was that Madison kid tough or what? :thinking:

Also: have you seen River Road's field. Isn't the grass about overgrazed cow pasture quality or is it just me whining :devil: :devil:

football4life
10-02-2004, 11:59 PM
cooper was a high quality team, they got beat by snyder by only 6 earlier in the year. their running back-Madison#23- is a player. their passing game didnt seem to be on, but they have some good speed at the recievers, especially #3. i know canyon didnt play very well, some issues with a different coverage than expected caused some bad play calls. but they did what it took to pull it off, which showed a lot. it was at cooper, and it was their homecoming. and i wouldnt pay much attention to the terrible article that was in the amarillo paper, which made it sound like canyon just showed up and caught all the calls. it was a great game, and canyon's now 6-0.

mulefan
10-03-2004, 12:00 AM
YOUR RIGHT THE FIELD IS WORSE THAN MY FRONT YARD AFTER ALL THIS RAIN WE GOT. NOT TO MENTION THE FIELD WAS SUPER SLICK, I KNOW WE BOTH PLAYED ON IT BUT THEY PRACTICE ON IT. NOT MEANT AS EXCUSES CAUSE WE DID PLAY THE SLOPPIEST GAME SINCE PROBABLY WHEN DIMMITT BEAT US. BELIEVE ME IF WE ARE ANY KIND OF CONTENDER, AND I KNOW WE ARE, THIS WAS A WAKE UP CALL CAUSE WE GOT SOME VERY HARD GAMES AHEAD OF US. WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN NOW AND GET BACK TO BUSINESS.

thumptbh
10-03-2004, 12:33 PM
your right about a scrap with cooper. it was one of the best games i have seen in a long time. hard hitting from both teams. cooper is a very good team and a heck of a running game. they played a very good game. i have to agree about the article in the paper being a little biased. esepecially saying the canyon defense took a beating giving up 350 plus yards and making it sound like canyon was lucky in the end. i guess 400 plus yards against the cooper defense didnt have anything to do with the win and the highly effective two minute offense was against a prevent defense that usually is designed to bend but not break. canyon is a big play offense. i havent seem them score many long sustained drives this year. they run the ball and short passes till they catch the defense with thier pants down and burn them.
canyon earned a hard fought contest against a great cooper team that will surely make a lot of noise this year.

levelland has a great qb. and they run the option offense well. they made some plays on canyon. i dont think they are a push over but if the mules play thier game they wont stay with them. muleshoe has a better defense than levelland. it think levelland could possibly be a dark horse to take the third spot in your district.

and your right about the river road field. the worst you ever play on. last year the sprinklers came on during the game and the field was wet before the game started. kind of makes you wonder.