PDA

View Full Version : Vernon 24 @ Clyde 20 f

fury900
10-01-2004, 09:58 PM
:D

Chief Woodman
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Congrats to Vernon- what happened to the iron curtain of Clyde?

3bydad
10-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Clydes defense is still very good and even getting better.
congrats to Vernon but they know were played a good game by a Clyde Team that I think will surprize alot of people in district this year. Good luck to all the teams and GO BULLDOGS.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:00 AM
My opinion of the game. Clyde's defense is pretty good. Maybe not all that it has been built up to be but better than average. They tackle very well, they are quick off the ball, and they hit hard! After watching this game, it was Vernon's defense that looked good and they were missing both safeties, middle LB, both DT's so they would have done much better had they been in there.

Vernon held Clyde to 1 first down in the first half and something like 37 yards. Clyde's offense looked a lot better in the second half and they wore on Vernon's defense and scored a late one to get close. Interesting note, Clyde's offense hogged the ball in the third quarter leaving Vernon only a 3 and out in the entire quarter. Having said that, Vernon was just a little bit better than Clyde, but not by a lot. It was a very good game, #22 ran very hard and Clyde was better than I expected. They may sneak up on a team but it will probably be Merkel maybe Snyder. Sweetwater and Wylie are both better teams thaan Clyde, from what I have seen. Not to take anything away from the Bulldogs as they are a decent football team.

This was a good game tonight that didn't have to many penalties. I'm sure the Lion players were glad to get out of there with a win and they respect the Bulldogs.

BulldogsWR20
10-02-2004, 10:46 AM
I agree, it was a very well played game by both teams and both teams deserve alot of credit... good luck to Vernon in the rest of their year. And i KNOW that we gained some well deserved respect!

vet93
10-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Indeed you did....Good luck to the Bulldogs in district!

Originally posted by BulldogsWR20
I agree, it was a very well played game by both teams and both teams deserve alot of credit... good luck to Vernon in the rest of their year. And i KNOW that we gained some well deserved respect!

J-Kwon
10-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Both teams played well...i think Clyde's offense took a big step, defense played well but you got to hand it to Vernon, they were patient and finally busted a few. Their runningback is soemthing else, best back i've seen in a while.

tomlandry
10-02-2004, 09:41 PM
good game for both teams.

tomlandry
10-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Interesting note, Clyde's offense hogged the ball in the third quarter leaving Vernon only a 3 and out in the entire quarter. Having said that, Vernon was just a little bit better than Clyde, but not by a lot. It was a very good game, #22 ran very hard and Clyde was better than I expected.

that is so true. .....clyde has the team to play smashmouth football. BUT we seem to go to the pass once we see that we can run the ball. the short passes are good but i think they need to give up on the long ball. #22 and #15 need the ball more. in the 3rd qt. clyde ran the ball and got a lead. when vernon went back up 17-14 clyde had a chance for a winning drive when the kickoff was returned to the vernon 47 with around 4:00 min. left and clyde trys to start passing. to me that was bad play calling and cost clyde the game. they just needed a fieldgoal to force overtime. just my thoughts on the game along with alot others. vernon did a good job of putting the game away and clyde played hard. good luck to both teams next week.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-03-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure where Clyde will fit in the district. In other words, I think Clyde will beat Merkel, they will NOT beat Sweetwater, would not surprise me if they hung with Wylie, and should give Snyder a good game.

I think Clyde might sneak into the playoffs with an upset win over either Wylie or Snyder. Although Wylie's defense is a little stronger than Vernon's and their QB is a lot better than ours. I think Vernon's backs are quicker, so who knows. I haven't seen Snyder play this year.

J-Kwon
10-03-2004, 04:38 PM
No matter the record, Vernon is a very good team. They probably have a better backfield than every team in district 4-3A and they held there own. So that makes me believe that Clyde can contend with this district.

sirhc11
10-03-2004, 08:40 PM
I think that if Clyde has an offensive attack the whole game against Snyder, like they did against Vernon in the second half, and their defense causes some turnovers then I think Clyde will beat Snyder.