PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 21 Graham 14

Adidas410s
10-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I just left the game...Marlin has the ball with about 1:30 left

Bellville22
10-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Wow! Two very good teams playing very good football. Must have been a good one. Details?

SintonFan
10-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Marlin! You guys are not dead! lol
Good luck you guys!:)

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Does someone have a little more information on this one?

3afan
10-02-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I just left the game...Marlin has the ball with about 1:30 left

ya gotta stay 'til the end !!!!!!!

faithfuldog
10-02-2004, 09:30 AM
good game right down to the end... the Steers ran their offense with much success on the ground with several backs getting close ,if not 100 yds. the veer still works if you run as well as they do. their passing was average but overall the Steers are a real good team.
hats off the the Dawgs for making some good adjustments to slow down the run and the goalline D was hitting on all cylinders.
the wet field caused the fleet footed Dawgs some problems but the offense was able to score when needed. Go Dawgs... Keep learning!!!!

VWG
10-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by faithfuldog
good game right down to the end... the Steers ran their offense with much success on the ground with several backs getting close ,if not 100 yds. the veer still works if you run as well as they do. their passing was average but overall the Steers are a real good team.
hats off the the Dawgs for making some good adjustments to slow down the run and the goalline D was hitting on all cylinders.
the wet field caused the fleet footed Dawgs some problems but the offense was able to score when needed. Go Dawgs... Keep learning!!!!

Graham's passing game average? They have no passing game.
When your only offensive set is the split-veer, and only sending out a maximum of three receivers.... you have no passing game.
No screen plays, no flooding the zone, etc....
I wouldn't call Graham's passing game average I would call it locking in on one receiver and throw it hoping they catch it.

faithfuldog
10-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Graham's passing game average? They have no passing game.
When your only offensive set is the split-veer, and only sending out a maximum of three receivers.... you have no passing game.
No screen plays, no flooding the zone, etc....
I wouldn't call Graham's passing game average I would call it locking in on one receiver and throw it hoping they catch it.

I can agree with your assessment... I'm giving them the benefit of doubt since i have only seen them once...coulda been a bad night, ect.; there were a couple of times when marlin was caught with the receiver behind them after being pulled in to try and stop the run. The Steers just didn't make the play.