PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 55 Coldspring 18

Pudlugger
11-23-2002, 03:35 AM
Great game. The defense scored three times on fumble run backs. The Leps played error free football most of the night. The LG offense was dominating with the O line blowing open huge holes. Credit to the Trojans, they have some fine athletes, especially the Qb who threw three beautiful passes. What an arm on that lad. Proud of all the Leps, especially #88 Albion Stiffler, the big TE who made the 55 yard reception that broke it open in the 3rd quarter. I will confess, he's my son. Way to play guys. Now we need to get ready for the Marlin/Newton winner next week. Go Leps, win State. 11-1 and rollin'. :D

whtfbplaya
11-23-2002, 03:38 AM
I see someone else is up late.

BigStudLG
11-23-2002, 03:43 AM
great game LG. you guys are going a great job. yall keep up the good work. do what the coaches tell yall. they know best. "if you all stay together you will win state". those are the words of Coach V. and guess what, they are TRUE. good job LG.

Pudlugger
11-23-2002, 03:45 AM
whtfbplaya:
I see someone else is up late.Yeah just got home from SHSU in huntsville. What a drive! 3 hours! Are you a player whtfbplaya? If so, have some milk and cookies and go to bed, you have a big game tomorrow. :D :D

sinton66
11-23-2002, 05:59 AM
Congratulations, Pudlugger and Leps. Good luck next week, I'm pulling for you.

Brahma73
11-23-2002, 09:39 AM
Now that's the kind of all-over-the-field excitement I expect out of the Leps! Nothing "boring" about this one. Congrats to your son & the rest of the team. Big test next week, but Tony's got 'em rollin'. Maybe we're in for an "old district" showdown between Leps & Bulls. Wouldn't that be awesome?

GO LEPS! wink
GO BULLS!!! :D :D :D

LeopardGuard56
11-23-2002, 09:56 AM
First of all, I would like to say that the Coldspring players played with lots of class. Next, I would like to congradulate their offense. Scoring 18 points on our defense is definately something to be proud of. To all of the La Grange offense, great job. That game felt alot more like an LG play-off game. I am glad we had "the balls" to score 37 points, and hats off to the D for scoring as many points as their opposing offense, 18.

Like I said, great game, now it's time to look ahead to the Newton/Marlin game winner. Marlin maybe??

See you on Friday. wink

LeopardGuard56
11-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Oh yea, I almost forgot.

Great catch Alby!!

Is this just the beginning??

See you on Friday. wink

trojandad
11-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey Pud, sorry to have taken so long. We had a basketball game on Sat morning just after the Friday night game (we won, good therapy, lol). Then the Newton Marlin game last night and a day of talkin to the boys and recoupin today. I'm gettin too old for this. LOL I just got around to checkin posts this evening.

First, wanted to say how much fun we had feedin and meetin all the LaGrange people that we met. Oh, there were a few sour grapes fans that were silly in their reactions to us being from Coldspring, but they were far in the minority. The majority were great folks who really seemed to enjoy being fed for free after that long drive y'all had.

As for the game, it was sure obvious that the best team won. You were right, you guys were the best defense we played all year. when you hold that group of ours to three scores, you have made a statement, for sure. And the Leps offense was good at ball control which gave the defense the rest they needed. Putting it on the turf has been our undoing all year and against a good team like yours, a team can't do that and win. Take away those three fumble runbacks and have us score on each and its a tie game. That's where you guys were a better "team" than we were. Takes special teams, the whole package.

We were proud of the yardage we were able to put on such a good defense like y'alls (356-LG, 349-CS according to the Chronicle). But I guess it's like we said about stats and bikinis, huh? lol Only the score stat counts. I know we don't have the D that you guys do (our coach refuses to allow offensive athletes to play D, except for #3, go figure), but your offense showed well. Your son had a great rumble on that catch, tell him that was great. Yes, even your #56 played well. I know he's stuck on the "balls" issue but maybe he'll be able to hear a compliment from me later in life.

Well, a week of rest and cleaning lockers and we'll be on the weights again, hard and heavy. Good luck to you guys against Marlin. Look forward to a possible rematch next year. God bless.

Pudlugger
11-24-2002, 10:56 PM
trojandad:
As for the game, it was sure obvious that the best team won. You were right, you guys were the best defense we played all year. when you hold that group of ours to three scores, you have made a statement, for sure. And the Leps offense was good at ball control which gave the defense the rest they needed. Putting it on the turf has been our undoing all year and against a good team like yours, a team can't do that and win. Take away those three fumble runbacks and have us score on each and its a tie game. That's where you guys were a better "team" than we were. Takes special teams, the whole package.

We were proud of the yardage we were able to put on such a good defense like y'alls (356-LG, 349-CS according to the Chronicle). But I guess it's like we said about stats and bikinis, huh? lol Only the score stat counts. I know we don't have the D that you guys do (our coach refuses to allow offensive athletes to play D, except for #3, go figure), but your offense showed well. Your son had a great rumble on that catch, tell him that was great. Yes, even your #56 played well. I know he's stuck on the "balls" issue but maybe he'll be able to hear a compliment from me later in life.

Well, a week of rest and cleaning lockers and we'll be on the weights again, hard and heavy. Good luck to you guys against Marlin. Look forward to a possible rematch next year. God bless.TrojanDad thanks for the compliments. The Coldspring offense was really explosive and no one except Yoakum (a very bad game for us in week zero) racked up that many yards against our defense. I'm sure our coaches will be working on some things this week to improve on pass coverage. However, your receivers did great getting the position on our dbs and that #7 qb of yours,Darius Brown, has a beautiful arm to lay the ball out there so perfectly three or four times! Marlin is going to be tough and our guys have their work cut out for them. They will be getting ready for sure. We have a few more tricks up our sleeve so who knows maybe we will surprise some folks. This team has surprised a lot of folks this season. It would be great to meet again next season. Good luck! :)

proudtrojanmom
11-25-2002, 10:40 AM
As a family we all enjoyed the game Fri. night, my kids were quite impressed with La grange's band as much as the team and of course the fans!I have so enjoyed reading all of the comments on this website my son #66 told me about this site that he visited everyday,trojandad I appreciate the meals you fed my son after practice, he thinks alot of you and your wife and of course our #69, which I did notice he was favoring his leg running off the field the other night ,hope all is well there. My son also played injured quite a bit so we know how that goes, he plans on attending SHSU so we hope to be sitting back in those stands again to watch him play.Best of Luck to La Grange, yes the better team won that night, but as everyone saw we have great talent....We love ya boys!

Eagles52
11-27-2002, 10:36 PM
jw how you think LG and BH would have matched up trojandad

Eagles52
11-27-2002, 10:38 PM
jw how you think LG and BH would have matched up trojandad

trojandad
11-29-2002, 09:15 PM
Just my opinion, LaGrange seemed to have slightly bigger and more physical guys on defense than BH did on D, I would say their schemes were fairly similar. BH had a far better game offensively against us than LaGrange did, so I think their offense prolly held the edge. We fumbled the same amount against each team, LaGrange cashed in on more of them on the very same play than did the Hill, giving us the ball back immediately on offense. But we had almost the exact total offense as LaGrange did, so I tend to believe their D was slightly better than the Hill but the Hill's O showed better against us. Hope that helps.

Was good seeing the Hill at our game, appreciate the support. We're already working out here, you guys better stay tough. LOL