PDA

View Full Version : Seating at Burnet High School Stadium

CentralTxFan
09-13-2002, 02:21 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/confused.gif Why did Burnet make the ENTIRE center section of the home side seating reserved instead of just making the new added section the reserve seating? Why didn't Burnet move the original home side stands to the visitor side and get entirely new home side seating? During the Gatesville game the visitor stands were packed. When you put a visiting schools band and dance team in the stands there is not much room left for fans. The same goes for the home side. When you take up almost 2/3 of the stands with band, dance team, student section and reserve seats it doesn't leave much room for general admission ticket holders. Essentially, if you want general admission seats, you have to arrive 2 hours before the game and save twice as many seats as you need. The decision to not build entirely new home stands is ludicrous but forgiveable. The fact that the center section is limited to reserved seats while general admission is overflowing with people is another matter. This is all just one fan's humble opinion!

duckbutter
09-13-2002, 02:24 PM
Simple solution, buy reserved seats!

CentralTxFan
09-13-2002, 02:30 PM
That is a great solution...one problem though...where are the visiting team fans suppose to sit? And to some people, even the extra dollar or two can be a strain. A lot of elderly people who are on fixed incomes go to the games and they get in free, so for them it would be a $7 or $8 investment. Some can't afford that!

greendog fan
09-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Dont know where you are from, but I,m a season ticket holder at BHS. Have been for over 20 years. I did,nt see the seats on Gatesville side full when we played them. There was also about 75 seats in the resivered side for Burnet that was empty. Those seats can be bought on a game to game deal. Whats wrong with getting to the stadium a little early to get a good seat? That just shows that we are backing our Bulldogs as we always do.

spaniard
09-13-2002, 04:54 PM
i agree that our seating here in burnet is retarded. they designated too much seating to reserved and not enough to general admission. i personally want to save the other 3 dollars for food at the games, not to pay 8 bucks for a stinkin seat. heh, i hate to be an old goat about it, but the visitor stands do need more, but gatesville has been the only team that has packed out the visitor side in several years. you guys kinda snuck up on us i guess.

CentralTxFan
09-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Greendog fan...You made my point exactly. The reserved seating HAD seating available while people were crammed into general admission. And yes, I don't know where you were looking but Gatesville was packed into their side and were even coming to the home side trying to sit in the reserved seating only to be turned away. Granted this doesn't happen every game but if predictions for enrollment are true, it will happen!! And also, I love going to the games early but some people who work in Austin or wherever do not have the luxury of doing that! And if our games keep bringing the fans in like they have been, where are all the people going to sit then? All I am saying is...BURNET NEEDS MORE SEATING!!!!

Chris Hart
09-13-2002, 11:29 PM
I heard on the radio tonight during halftime that there were between 7,000 and 8,000 people last Friday against Gatesville.If that is accurate, I would say it was matched or real close tonight.Thank goodness I have my reserved seat.There is a seating problem and it is increased this year by some fair weather fans, that only show up when they believe Burnet has a good team.