10-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Silsbee 14, BC 6 at the half.

Silsbee plagued by turnovers.

DawgFan91
10-01-2004, 09:53 PM
28-6 end of 3rd

Goldenstick
10-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Silsbee sounds like they are pretty tough!

j_dog
10-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Silsbee sounds like they are pretty tough!
That is what some people have been saying! :) And some people doubted whether they could compete in 3a!

j_dog
10-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Silsbee 35, BC 6

dawgmom
10-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Is that the final?

j_dog
10-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Not yet final.

BC just scored to make the score 35-13. 26 seconds left in the game.

j_dog
10-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Silsbee 35, Bridge City 13 final. Silsbee remains undefeated going into district.

exbccards76'smom
10-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Silsbee shut us down in the red zone tonight. Another player(the backup center) went out with a leg injury. That's 5 starters now out with injuries. 3 of the 5 maybe well enough to play in the district opener next week. I have to give Silsbee their kudos. They got a quarterback that can rare back and throw and a receiver(6'4") that can catch it. They should do well in district.

RBARKER
10-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Ex cards mom I looked for you at the ticket booth and couldn;t find you. First off I would like to think ALLSPORTSFAN for the tickets. The Bridge City fans were great and supported the team well. I was dissapointed in the game I saw I thought it was going to be close, but Silsbee Had their way with the Cardinals on the ground and through the Air. Bridge City is lacking in a lot of areas which may be due to injuries. Silsbee had some fast guys and good blocking from their Offense. They were a little sloppy IMO fumbling the ball 4 times and giving up 4 interceptions.Silsbee still found a way to convert and go down field. Goodluck to Bridge City hope yall can heal up some players and get them on the field also Good luck to Silsbee.

Hupernikomen
10-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Ex cards mom I looked for you at the ticket booth and couldn;t find you. First off I would like to think ALLSPORTSFAN for the tickets. The Bridge City fans were great and supported the team well. I was dissapointed in the game I saw I thought it was going to be close, but Silsbee Had their way with the Cardinals on the ground and through the Air. Bridge City is lacking in a lot of areas which may be due to injuries. Silsbee had some fast guys and good blocking from their Offense. They were a little sloppy IMO fumbling the ball 4 times and giving up 4 interceptions.Silsbee still found a way to convert and go down field. Goodluck to Bridge City hope yall can heal up some players and get them on the field also Good luck to Silsbee.

I know it is hard to compare teams that when you haven't seen the same team play each of them, but how does Silsbee compare to Diboll?

RBARKER
10-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I know it is hard to compare teams that when you haven't seen the same team play each of them, but how does Silsbee compare to Diboll?

Diboll IMO is better on Defenese and throwing the ball. Silbee has a better running game. over all I think Diboll has better team speed and If the two were to play each other I think Diboll would win.

Bulldog_12
10-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Well, after hearing this, Jasper and Silsbee ought to be a good game at the end of district play.

2futurecard'smom
10-03-2004, 08:34 AM
IMO. the Jasper/Silsbee game should be an outstanding one!

WOS1
10-03-2004, 10:16 AM
I've seen Jasper and Silsbee play BC the last 2 weeks and I will say that Jasper had better bring it when they line up against Silsbee. They have some speed out there just like Jasper and it is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended) when these two lock horns. Both teams could have beaten BC a lot worse than they did. BC had a little more success running the ball against Jasper than they did Silsbee. Silsbee's D did give up a couple of big plays, but most of the time they kept BC bottled up. After seeing these games and taking into account that BC has already beat K'ville, it is my opinion that this district is going to be a 2 team race. No disrespect to BC fans, but BC is REALLY struggling right now. They are very thin so maybe the injuries are having a profound impact, but after seeing them for 2 straight weeks, I'm not real impressed. Not very big and not very fast and have absolutely NO passing game. They do play with a lot of heart though and that can make up for a lot of things sometimes. Hopefully, they will get their injured players back and step it up a notch.

j_dog
10-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I've seen Jasper and Silsbee play BC the last 2 weeks and I will say that Jasper had better bring it when they line up against Silsbee. They have some speed out there just like Jasper and it is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended) when these two lock horns. .....
That is ALWAYS the case when Jasper and Silsbee play. :) Just like when WOS and Jasper play. I am looking forward to the "dog" fight with the Tigers! :D

Speaking of Silsbee speed, I kept hearing the name Doss for Silsbee. If I am remembering correctly several years ago Silsbee won state in track with just two runners. They finished 1-2 in both the 100m and 200m. That gave them enough to win. And I think one of their names was Doss. Just wondering if there is a connection to the present Doss.

Panther Ross
10-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I had no idea that Silsbee was that good this year. Man that is a shock. They have alot of talent this season.

Jody
10-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Well, after hearing this, Jasper and Silsbee ought to be a good game at the end of district play.

Man I hope so. If your correct, Jasper just plain sucks! Silsbee was just awful. The only thing worse than can be said about this game was BC REALLY SUCKED! These two teams were just hard on the eyes to watch!

Way too many mistakes on both sides and NO defense what so ever!

Junkyard
10-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Jasper over Silsbee by 2 or more touchdowns.

But this week the DOGS will take care of Buna.

JasperDog94
10-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Jasper/Buna could get ugly real quick.

Junkyard
10-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Yes it could!! Very ugly!!:rolleyes:

Jody
10-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I've seen Jasper and Silsbee play BC the last 2 weeks and I will say that Jasper had better bring it when they line up against Silsbee. They have some speed out there just like Jasper and it is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended) when these two lock horns. Both teams could have beaten BC a lot worse than they did. BC had a little more success running the ball against Jasper than they did Silsbee. Silsbee's D did give up a couple of big plays, but most of the time they kept BC bottled up. After seeing these games and taking into account that BC has already beat K'ville, it is my opinion that this district is going to be a 2 team race. No disrespect to BC fans, but BC is REALLY struggling right now. They are very thin so maybe the injuries are having a profound impact, but after seeing them for 2 straight weeks, I'm not real impressed. Not very big and not very fast and have absolutely NO passing game. They do play with a lot of heart though and that can make up for a lot of things sometimes. Hopefully, they will get their injured players back and step it up a notch.

As bad as I hate to admit it, Jasper should have NO trouble at all with Silsbee. They are just awful on defense and offense.