PDA

View Full Version : This place is..........

Ranger Mom
10-01-2004, 05:28 PM
....deader than a doornail on Friday afternoons!!!:mad:

(and what is a "doornail" anyway??):confused:

PPHSfan
10-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
....deader than a doornail on Friday afternoons!!!:mad:

(and what is a "doornail" anyway??):confused:

A doornail. Is the pin that goes down thru the hinge. The term "dead" comes from the fact that it has to be "dead on" in order to work.

jason
10-01-2004, 05:36 PM
door·nail ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dôrnl, dr-)
n.
A large-headed nail.

Idiom:
dead as a doornail

Undoubtedly dead.

:D :D :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
10-01-2004, 05:37 PM
So that's why the door I installed doesn't open and shut right....it isn't "dead on"!!:rolleyes:

3afan
10-01-2004, 05:40 PM
yes it is quiet --- guess everyone is on the road!

Ranger Mom
10-01-2004, 05:41 PM
I can sit here no longer!

I am off to sell T-shirts!

See yall tonight!

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Well, heck! I have NOWHERE to go! I had planned on going to Manor @ Hutto game, but little one isn't feeling well & hubby left to go out of town. RM, at least you get to go sell t-shirts.

Tiny
10-01-2004, 06:46 PM
You & me both, LH Panther Mom.

I HATE BYE WEEK!!

My husband and boys have gone to other games. I'm staying home to watch a chick flick with my sister-in-law. Oh joy. Football is way better.

I am so ready for district play to start. It's serious business from here on out.

44INAROW
10-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Tiny

I HATE BYE WEEK!!

My husband and boys have gone to other games. I'm staying home to watch a chick flick with my sister-in-law. Oh joy. Football is way better.

I am so ready for district play to start. It's serious business from here on out.

Hubby is working on his blasted deer blind, son played golf for the first time in ages after school and I just ordered supper. Gonna watch "Mean Girls" all alone without any interruptions. :clap: Life is grand BUT I'd rather be at a football game.

LHMom
10-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Tiny

I HATE BYE WEEK!!

Oops- "Tiny" was still logged in. That post was from me! LH Mom