PDA

View Full Version : Maybe 2009 Texas VS Arkansas?

Phil C
10-01-2004, 02:03 PM
They could honor the teams that played in the Great Shootout in 1969 since that would be the 40th anniversary of the game. The game would have to be played in Austin since Arkansas was so hateful about it this year. I am sure Austin would be very hospitable unlike the Arksansas folks. It would have to be scheduled quickly before the schedules are filled out if they aren't already done so.

PPHSfan
10-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a plan:D

Phil C
10-01-2004, 02:08 PM
is considered by many of course to be the long pass James Street threw to Randy Peschel on that fourth down play. But one that was also big and came in at least 2nd would be Danny Lester's interception in the end zone. Arksansas was ahead 14 to 8 with about 9 minutes left in the game and had third and goal at the ten and went for the td that Danny intercepted. Had he not done so Arksansas would probably have had a sure three points because they had one of the top kickers in the country. A field goal would have given Arkansas a 9 point lead and the way the Arksansas defense and offense was playing Texas would have had a hard time overcoming that deficit. I am a Texas fan but that was one game Texas stole from Arksansas. Of course looking back it always easy to be accurate but I always felt that Arkansas on third down should have ran a safe running play up the middle to keep the ball in the middle of the field. Maybe they would have got lucky and scored but even if not then they could have kicked the field goal and even ran another 30 to 40 seconds off the clock.

Phil C
10-01-2004, 02:11 PM
A big defensive lineman for Texas in 1969 was Leo Brooks who would have probably been all american and had a pro career. He was having a great year but in the SMU game he was injured (he was a senior) and the injury ended his college and pro career. He was their top defender up to that point but even though I don't remember his replacement's name I do know that he came in and did a great job.

PPHSfan
If they play this game I will go. And you can buy the nachos.:D

Phil C
I agree PPHS! It would be great if they have it.

sahen
10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
prolly will be hard to get....im sure the razorbacks look on teh game as less admirable than the UT fans....not to mention, why would the razorbacks want to commerate one of the loses they would most want to forget?....dont matter how great the game...

KTJ
10-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Trust me Phil, Texas and Arkansas will never play again in the regular season. They only way they meet up is through a bowl game.

We only have one OOC game scheduled in 2009 so far. That is Utah. ---- Wait, I forgot, Utah wanted to cancel with us so that game it out.