PDA

View Full Version : Possible 1st Rd. Matchup

gobblerfan02
10-01-2004, 11:09 AM
If both Cuero and Liberty Hill go DI, then wouldn't they play each other in the first round of playoffs?...If so, then what an early matchup! I know that none of us should look ahead in the season because district hasn't even started for most of us, but isn't both Cuero and Liberty Hill picked to go through district without being tested? Any posters correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.....I just want to hear ya'lls thoughts!

Phil C
10-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Hey Gobbler how do you know they would play? Has the UIL set the playoff schedule yet?

raider red 2000
10-01-2004, 11:16 AM
there is a good chance that wimberly will make the playoofs. i believe taht they are bigger than LH. that means the LH would go D2. i think that cuero will probably play west columbia. in the first round. it could be a tough couple of weeks for cuero after district. WC could be 10-0 and then Wimberly.....that is how it looks to me.

gobblerfan02
10-01-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm not too sure, that's why I posted, to ask if anyone knew when they would meet in the playoffs. I don't live in Cuero anymore and was just wondering so I could go see a good playoff game. With the realignment last yr, I just want to know which districts will face each other in the 1st Rd. of playoffs?

Tiny
10-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Liberty Hill will more than likely be divII, but it is way early to worry about that. The only way LH would go DivI is if they are the largest school in the dist to make playoffs and I don't think that will happen.

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I'm not too sure, that's why I posted, to ask if anyone knew when they would meet in the playoffs. I don't live in Cuero anymore and was just wondering so I could go see a good playoff game. With the realignment last yr, I just want to know which districts will face each other in the 1st Rd. of playoffs?

I'm not sure - last two years, we've been district 26; now we're 27. Most likely we'll be D2, but even that is not a certainty. (Sorry, Tiny, I kind of repeated what you said.)

Gobbler Fan
10-01-2004, 11:34 AM
It all depends on Gonzalez if they make the playoff's Cuero is div2 if they dont Cuero is div1 simple as that . I just hope we make it through distric healthy . GL everyone Friday Night Cuero's off so ill be going to watch BAYCity play against El Campo .

3-TIME STATE CHAMPIONS
6-TIME STATE FINALIST

Jody
10-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
there is a good chance that wimberly will make the playoofs. i believe taht they are bigger than LH. that means the LH would go D2. i think that cuero will probably play west columbia. in the first round. it could be a tough couple of weeks for cuero after district. WC could be 10-0 and then Wimberly.....that is how it looks to me.

Barbers Hill beat West Columbia last week. They are 4-1 now.

zeke
10-01-2004, 11:42 AM
In the 1st round
District 25 would play District 26
District 27 would play District 28

Liberty Hill is District 27 and Cuero is in District 26 and thus would not meet in the 1st round.

Hill Man
10-01-2004, 11:46 AM
If Wimberley makes the playoffs and it looks they may as strong as they look they would go D1 with LH going DII.
However if by chance Bandera makes it they would be D1.

Here is the enrollment breakdown of 27AAA
Bandera 877
Wimberley 632
Liberty Hill 535
Ingram 522
Llano 507
Brady 409

scrub c
10-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
It all depends on Gonzalez if they make the playoff's Cuero is div2 if they dont Cuero is div1 simple as that .

GO GONZALEZ ! ! ! !:thumbsup:

PPHSfan
10-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Pilot Point vs Vernon

Pilot Point by 14:D

Hupernikomen
10-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02

uil has that listed on their website

PPHSfan
10-01-2004, 04:13 PM
It goes like this.

D1

District 1 vs District 2
District 3 vs District 4

etc etc

D2

Distict 1 1st seed vs District 2 2nd seed

etc etc

The first seed in D2 is the D2 that finished highest regardless of whether they won the district outright. The rest should be self explanatory.