PDA

View Full Version : Steve Spurrier

turbostud
09-30-2004, 05:08 PM
If Mack Brown has his usual 11-2 season with a huge loss to OU and gets canned at the end of the season, what are the chances old Steve would come coach the Longhorns?

jason
09-30-2004, 05:09 PM
mack brown can lose the rest of his games and still have a job next year...

KTJ
09-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
If Mack Brown has his usual 11-2 season with a huge loss to OU and gets canned at the end of the season, what are the chances old Steve would come coach the Longhorns?

Slim to none.

(Although this summer, there were several articles about what SS would be doing next year. There were several colleges listed that he could possibly be at next year and every single article listed Texas. Interesting thought though.)

turbostud
09-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Well if it happened it would spice things up a bit at the OU/Texas game. Stoops used to be an assistant under Spurrier.

tmac
10-01-2004, 10:00 AM
mack is a good coach but i would love to see spurriers pass happy o in ut with vince young

big daddy russ
10-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by tmac
mack is a good coach but i would love to see spurriers pass happy o in ut with vince young
Vince would sit the bench with Spurrier's pass-happy offense. He likes pocket passers and Montana-like guys (who improvise more behind the line of scrimmage... rollouts, going out of the pocket but not scrambling, etc.) for the fun 'n gun. Young's not a pocket passer at all and there's no reason to make him one.

I, for one, want Mack to stay. He's the coach that's much better fit for Texas and the talent they have. If anyone in the Big 12 could use Spurrier (personnel considered), it would either be Kansas, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State. I think that if Joe Pa retires (unlikely), we'd see 'ol Steve in Pennsylvania. Otherwise, I think he goes to either Notre Dame (barring Willingham going to a major bowl) or back in the SEC.

handNthedirt
10-01-2004, 11:19 AM
It's the only shot at TU winning a national title...
FIRE MACK BROWN!!!

kaorder1999
10-01-2004, 11:50 AM
i hope they dont fire him because id like to see them lose again to OU next year and year after that and the year after that. Only that can happen if they keep him around

JasperDog94
10-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
It's the only shot at TU winning a national title...
FIRE MACK BROWN!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PPHSfan
10-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Mark it down and start cooking the crow.

Texas is going to beat OU this year.

JasperDog94
10-01-2004, 02:15 PM
The great and powerful PPHSfan has spoken.

BTW - If that happens, I'll put PPHSfan is a football genius in my sig for a month.:eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D