PDA

View Full Version : Is this fair BC?

WOS#74
09-30-2004, 10:58 AM
From KOGT :

One cheerleader and two drill team members at Bridge City High School have been dismissed from the squad after receiving Minor In Possession citations at a party last weekend. The cheerleader told KBTV that two football players also received citations but have been allowed to stay on the team.

Bandera YaYa
09-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Unless we don't know the whole story....no that is not fair. I have a feeling, it might not be over.....shame on any school or coaching staff that would allow players to evade the rules.....keep us posted!!

Bulldog_12
09-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Wow, I haven't seen anything like this. Surely there is more to the story. I can't see how any coach would let a player who received an MIP stay active on the team. But, if I know cheerleader parents, someone will get complaints. :D

WOS#74
09-30-2004, 11:22 AM
According to the Channel 4 News the cheerleader and strutters were dismissed because of their code of conduct.

Football players were made to run 30 miles but are able to stay on team because there is no code of conduct for football players.

Old Card where are you on this one?

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm just wondering how the school would have found out in the first place. Is there a hot-line from the police station to the school?

District303aPastPlayer
09-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by WOS#74
According to the Channel 4 News the cheerleader and strutters were dismissed because of their code of conduct.

Football players were made to run 30 miles but are able to stay on team because there is no code of conduct for football players.

Old Card where are you on this one?

okay, that is complete and total utter bullish. how in the hell are they allowed to stay on. i dont care what school it is, or who they are, FOOTBALL IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW (unless you are OJ)... they need to be dismissed from the team and suspended from school among other things. . . and each HS should havea code of conduct stating that if a student or student/athlete get caught with a substance, they will be dismissed from any extra curricular activities and subject to further disciplinary actions along with the courts decisions.

WOS#74
09-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Any student caught in illegal drinking or drugs...on or off campus by police must be reported to school authorities by the police.

44INAROW
09-30-2004, 11:50 AM
From KOGT :

One cheerleader and two drill team members at Bridge City High School have been dismissed from the squad after receiving Minor In Possession citations at a party last weekend. The cheerleader told KBTV that two football players also received citations but have been allowed to stay on the team.

**not condoning teenage drinking here** that being said.. I sure am glad the rules weren't that strick 30 years ago.....

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Any student caught in illegal drinking or drugs...on or off campus by police must be reported to school authorities by the police.

Says who? Local law? State law? Federal?

I'm not condoning anything here, just asking the question.

WOS#74
09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
according to the police...state law

PhiI C
09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
You are young 44. I remember in the 60s that coaches would kick football players off the team if they were just seen drinking and that included star starters!

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 12:29 PM
according to the police...state law

That's news to me.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
You are young 44. I remember in the 60s that coaches would kick football players off the team if they were just seen drinking and that included star starters!

My dad was one who would do that; heck, he made several of his starters run all practice on a Monday for laughing on the bus on the way home from a game that they lost.

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-30-2004, 12:56 PM
BC just last year a coach stopped a student from participating in track because he put highlights in his hair. This particular student happened to be a football player that decided not to play his senior year and happened to be a starting lineman. There were other students that had highlights but also played f-ball and were allowed to participate.One of the coaches daughter had the exact hair color as the student not allowed to participate. She also was allowed to participate in track as well. All that being said fairness in BC give me a break.

44INAROW
09-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My dad was one who would do that; heck, he made several of his starters run all practice on a Monday for laughing on the bus on the way home from a game that they lost.

Bet they didnt' laugh the next time :p

dawgmom
09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
First of all, I believe that if you participate in extracurricular activities you should be subject to random drug/alcohol screenings. YEP! I SAID IT! Also, if you break the law in any way, shape, or form, you should be dismissed from the team/squad in which you participate. I don't think it should be grounds for school suspension, unless the offense occurred on school grounds or at a school function. That being said, I don't think it is fair that only part of a group who participated in an illegal activity is punished. I think the school board should check into this! I know Jasper has a code of conduct for the football players. I don't know about other activities. The boys and parents sign agreements to follow these rules before the season starts. And, if my boy breaks the rules, or the law, he WILL pay the consequences.

Ranger Mom
09-30-2004, 01:22 PM
The code of conduct is different for different organizations here. I think the cheerleaders COC is a WHOLE lot stricter than the football players.

Also, it is state law that this be reported to the school. Last year a man was shot in the arm by 2 kids who were across the street, shooting skeet, is how the story goes.

Anyway, those boys got in trouble...this is during the SUMMER! They had to spend some time in a youth detention center and spent the entire school year in AEP.

JasperDog94
09-30-2004, 01:30 PM
When I taught in Huffman the school board tried to pass something like this. Something like, "If you're caught drinking or doing drugs, the school could suspend you from exracurricular (sp?) activities." The parents went nuts and showed up in mass at the next school board meeting protesting this.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Huffman, at least 6 years ago, had a huge problem with drinking. An anonymous survey showed that over 50% of the students drank at least once a month or more. I just wonder how many parents knew or even condoned their child drinking.

dawgmom
09-30-2004, 01:31 PM
I agree it should be reported to school officials, in all cases. I just don't know if I agree with school suspension with all cases. I don't know. I think it might depend on the offense.

Old Cardinal
09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
To ALLSPORTSGUY--I am assuming you are talking about the boy that basically(at the last minute) was not allowed to participate in the District Track Meet after training all year. This random trumped up last minute deal that he had dyed his hair with a tint cost the fine youth a college scholarship. It's kind of ironic that many of the faculity have dyed hair of a similar light brown tint! I don't think a Coach should have the power to be vindictive toward a youth that decided to drop football; which resulting action taken, ruined his shotput and discus scholarship chances. From what I hear the school board is mad about that one. It's a shame that each little faculty "Kingdom" can set it's own policies--be it band, cheerleaders, assorted sports, choir, or anything else. One person should not be in a position to ruin a youths college scholarship prospects because he chooses to not play football or any other activity. I also think that a coach that call kids that quit football bad names in the hall in front of their peers should be disciplined!
I certainly support a generic uniform discipline code instead of the hodge-podge system that BC now allows. I think that maybe there is hope as soon as January rolls around and the present School Superintendent is history.

2futurecard'smom
09-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I HAVE HEARD FROM COUNTLESS PEOPLE HOW BC TENDS TO BE VERY POLITICAL AND IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL YET HERE, BUT THIS STORY MAKES ME SIT UP AND TAKE NOTE. WHERE DO POLITICS PLAY INTO SCHOOL SPORTS AND ALSO PUNISHMENT? I HATE TO THINK THAT IT'S GONNA BE THAT WAY WHEN MY BOYS GET THERE..............IT'S EVIDENT IN JR. HIGH, I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD GET BETTER IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Phil C
09-30-2004, 01:47 PM
I remember one time a junior high coach got onto his players for laughing on a bus on the way to the game and they actually won but it was close and he was upset because they didn't win by 40 I guess (not Sinton). Anyway back to the 60s coaches I mentioned early there was not any code of conduct but the coaches just told the players if they were caught or seen drinking they would be kicked off the team. And that is what happened. The coaches did what they said they would do and it didn't matter who the player was.

Bulldog_12
09-30-2004, 01:51 PM
I tell you what, in junior high. We were on our way to a game in Lumberton I think, and we were talking on the bus and our coach pulled the bus over and we ran gasers through the cemetary behind a church. One of the worst experiences Ive ever had. Sorry, but I figured while someone said something about junior high ball, I would throw something in.

GUNHO
09-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The parents went nuts and showed up in mass at the next school board meeting protesting this.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
. I just wonder how many parents knew or even condoned their child drinking.

A mass number it would seem.:(

Junkyard
09-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Each school and each extracurricular organization is responsible for there own code of conduct, and the ones gor cheerleading and drill teams always seem to be tougher than the ones for any sports boys or girls. That being said the UIL says one can not participate in extracurricular activities if you have been CONVICTED of a FELONY. MIP's or misdemeanor drugs charges according to the UIL are not grounds for dismissal. But I think most school have stricter guidelines then the UIL.

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
First of all, I believe that if you participate in extracurricular activities you should be subject to random drug/alcohol screenings. YEP! I SAID IT! Also, if you break the law in any way, shape, or form, you should be dismissed from the team/squad in which you participate. I don't think it should be grounds for school suspension, unless the offense occurred on school grounds or at a school function. That being said, I don't think it is fair that only part of a group who participated in an illegal activity is punished. I think the school board should check into this! I know Jasper has a code of conduct for the football players. I don't know about other activities. The boys and parents sign agreements to follow these rules before the season starts. And, if my boy breaks the rules, or the law, he WILL pay the consequences.

They didn't do that in the '80's.

JasperDog94
09-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
They didn't do that in the '80's. Because that was Walkoviac. Kids got away with murder (not literally) with him as the AD/head football coach.

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 02:54 PM
I don't remember getting away with anything. My experience was that the coaches were stricter disciplinarians than the rest of the staff.

TigerShark
09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Jasperdog 94, you %^^%^&%$5456

shankbear
09-30-2004, 03:09 PM
It REALLY does not take much to remain civil on here. I will quote the famous Rodney King..." Can't we all just get along?" The MODs have a hard job here keeping it upright so consider them.

Bobcatfan4life
09-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I don't know how much truth there is to this, but my cousin plays on the jv team in BC and said the players were allowed to remain on the team because they confessed to the coach. Once again, I don't know how much truth there is to this.

WOS#74
09-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Well, my co-worker from BC says the police came to the school with all the names. Nobody had to CONFESS.

JasperDog94
09-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by TigerShark
Jasperdog 94, you %^^%^&%$5456 What's this all about?

chaingang
09-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
okay, that is complete and total utter bullish. how in the hell are they allowed to stay on. i dont care what school it is, or who they are, FOOTBALL IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW (unless you are OJ)... they need to be dismissed from the team and suspended from school among other things. . . and each HS should havea code of conduct stating that if a student or student/athlete get caught with a substance, they will be dismissed from any extra curricular activities and subject to further disciplinary actions along with the courts decisions.

Are you kidding me? These are TEENAGERS that were DRINKING. Have you no heart? They werent doing drugs, they were DRINKING for G's sakes. I am not mocking you, but you could suspend every team in the state!:doh:

JasperDog94
09-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
but you could suspend every team in the state!:doh: Then they should. Is playing a sport worth all the tragedy that takes place at these parties or what happens on the roads afterwards?

shankbear
09-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Were you around when the kid from *O-S had the aggrevated robbery charge against him? He continued to play and I hated that decision. That ain't an MIP!!!!!

chaingang
09-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Then they should. Is playing a sport worth all the tragedy that takes place at these parties or what happens on the roads afterwards?

94, I am not going against you here, I just dont think it is that big of a deal. The headlines didnt say that they were driving. If we drank in HS, we couldnt go anywhere. Now, if my parents found out then I was in trouble, but there are some parents that let it go on. We dont know enough about the story to come to conclusions like that.

chaingang
09-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Were you around when the kid from *O-S had the aggrevated robbery charge against him? He continued to play and I hated that decision. That ain't an MIP!!!!!

Shank, those two are not even compareable. One is having fun, the other is just down right criminal.

District303aPastPlayer
09-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Are you kidding me? These are TEENAGERS that were DRINKING. Have you no heart? They werent doing drugs, they were DRINKING for G's sakes. I am not mocking you, but you could suspend every team in the state!:doh:

alcohol, by law is a drug, so they were doing drugs.... you must be 21 to drink, not 16, they should realize that... and lastly, football is not above the law. im at a breaking point where i am tired of hearing stories of ADs tryin to be the police and take the law and punishment into their own hands. The ADs need to realize, they arent the police, and that if this happens, the kid needs to be booted off the squad, whatever it is. . .

shankbear
09-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Chain

No I didn't mean to compare them, that would be apples to oranges. Just making note that schools across this state and even this area have widely different views as to what constitutes an offense bad enough to boot somebody off the team. I was 16-17 once looooong ago and did some foolish stuff but you know, I have done ok since. If they drive after drinking that is a whole different game. Not fun..just criminal. Agree??

chaingang
09-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Chain

No I didn't mean to compare them, that would be apples to oranges. Just making note that schools across this state and even this area have widely different views as to what constitutes an offense bad enough to boot somebody off the team. I was 16-17 once looooong ago and did some foolish stuff but you know, I have done ok since. If they drive after drinking that is a whole different game. Not fun..just criminal. Agree??

100%

Also, I missunderstood your post to me, I had to go back and read it. I think i know what you are talking about, but I think i was too young. Something like this will never come to a conclusion because of different views.

exbccards76'smom
09-30-2004, 07:16 PM
These players ARE not going unpunished. The BC athletic handbook says the punishment for a "first offense" like this is left entirely up to the coach of that sport. I may get in hot water for this, but I support the coaching staff in this matter. These players are given this handbook at the first of the year. Both parents and student must sign that it was read. The kids knew what would happen, and now must face the consequences. You gotta teach kids to take responsibilty for their actions.

Keith7
09-30-2004, 07:18 PM

3ABirdMan
09-30-2004, 11:21 PM
My daughter is on the Bridge City Drill Team, called the Strutters. Their sponsor, if she chose to retire, would have a vested future with the US Marines as DI!

AND I LOVE IT!

They are given a code of conduct handbook at the beginning of EACH YEAR. They know what the consequences of their actions will be BEFORE they decide to take part in anything that is questionable. They also know that they can be punished for "guilt by association". It is explained to them that they represent our school and community through their actions. They are urged to set an example above scrutiny, at all times, in all places.

I am proud to say that for the most part, they take all of the discipline and regimine very seriously. I have asked my daughter more than once, " What would Mrs. !@#$% say about that?", knowing the answer already, and helping her learn to decide things for herself, based on what is right and wrong, not what she "wants" to do.

I feel for the students that were removed from their teams, and all of the parents involved - I know 1 of the kids, and 1 set of parents, and they are all good people. Kids make mistakes - I did, and you all did, too. But I never did anything without knowing the consequences of my actions, and if I accepted the risk, I had to accept the outcome.

While I may not agree with the differences in discipline between athletics and cheer or drill team, I believe Coach Tarver is a good and just man, and will administer a punishment worthy of the offense. I only hope these students will learn a lesson from this - Participation is a priveledge, not a right!

chaingang
10-01-2004, 08:27 AM
I am probably a little more lienient on this topic because I dont have any kids yet(I will have a little girl in about 3 weeks though) and maybe I dont really understand some things. The only point I am making, is that some schools have kids that will go to college due to parents money(IMO BC is one) but at the school I graduated from this is not the case. I was fortunate enough to have a family with the resources to pay, but most of my teammates didnt and football or any other sport was their ticket out! I dont think that a kids life should be altered because of drinking a beer or two. All of these people(admin, coaches, police, ect.) have been in situations were they have made a mistake and most have gotten off easy.IMO. My point, so I can stop rambleing, is that these kids should be punished but not to the severity that has been administered. Ext. Activities is all some of these kids have in their life............if you went to a school like I did, then you would understand. I am not talking down on anyone, but you can ruin a kids life by some of the actions taken against them.

ALLSPORTSGUY
10-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Very well said chaingang, I too feel that removing a student from sports, drill team etc. permanently is not the answer to a single mistake. If this conduct continues then sure get rid of them.

chaingang
10-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY
Very well said chaingang, I too feel that removing a student from sports, drill team etc. permanently is not the answer to a single mistake. If this conduct continues then sure get rid of them.

:clap: :clap:

Thats what I was trying to say, just added too many words in between. LoL :)

Sometimes I elaborate too much.:eek: :)

sphinx-1906
10-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Jasperdog94 you are an idiot. How can you bad mouth a coach (Walkoviac) after all he did for Jasper. He was there for 20 years and had playoff runs 14 of those years. He still has players call and visit him that he led through their high school years as their coach. They got away with murder, thats a good one.

chaingang
10-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by sphinx-1906
Jasperdog94 you are an idiot. How can you bad mouth a coach (Walkoviac) after all he did for Jasper. He was there for 20 years and had playoff runs 14 of those years. He still has players call and visit him that he led through their high school years as their coach. They got away with murder, thats a good one.

Come on man, 94 is a cool cat. We dont need name calling, we have had our fair share of that.:hand:

sphinx-1906
10-01-2004, 09:27 AM
true, but make an accusationlike that. that is pretty sad.

Junkyard
10-01-2004, 09:36 AM
true, but make an accusationlike that. that is pretty sad.

It is sad but unfortunately it was true. It is also true that there were some great teams under Walkoviak some teams that should have gone alot futher than they did and in my opinion they didnt becasue of a lack of discipline. The only thing i disagree with dog94 about is that it wasnt all the players that got away with anything jsut the star players.

sphinx-1906
10-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Well I guess everyone has an opinion( no matter how far off they are).I am going to leave this one alone. I just wish you guys had a clue. Sounds to me like you must not have been a "star player".

Junkyard
10-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Well I guess everyone has an opinion( no matter how far off they are).I am going to leave this one alone. I just wish you guys had a clue. Sounds to me like you must not have been a "star player".

did you grow up in Jasper? Did you play under Walkoviak?
Then what clue do you have? If you didnt then all you knwo is what was seen from the outside.

TigerShark
10-01-2004, 09:50 AM
I did not want to reply to the Walkoviak statements, but in a way I feel that I have to. I have always known Coach but it wasn't untill the last couple of years that I have gotten to know him as a true friend. You do not have very many close friends in your life, but this man is one of my very dearest. He loves football and most important, he loves kids. He is the most forgiving and caring person that I have been associated with. I would leave tomorrown and go and work for this man anywhere in the world.

So my point being, I am glad (a little selfish) that he is not in Jasper anymore- You did not appreciate him the way you should have. He is by far in a better place now.

Junkyard
10-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by TigerShark
I did not want to reply to the Walkoviak statements, but in a way I feel that I have to. I have always known Coach but it wasn't untill the last couple of years that I have gotten to know him as a true friend. You do not have very many close friends in your life, but this man is one of my very dearest. He loves football and most important, he loves kids. He is the most forgiving and caring person that I have been associated with. I would leave tomorrown and go and work for this man anywhere in the world.

So my point being, I am glad (a little selfish) that he is not in Jasper anymore- You did not appreciate him the way you should have. He is by far in a better place now.

Well maybe he is a changed man. Good for him.

I too am glad he is not in Jasper anymore.

sphinx-1906
10-01-2004, 09:59 AM
I couldn't agree more with you more Tigershark. He has had as big an influence on my life as anyone in the past few years. He is a great man who I am proud to be a close personal friend of. That is why statements like that hit a nerve.

Junkyard
10-01-2004, 10:02 AM
I couldn't agree more with you more Tigershark. He has had as big an influence on my life as anyone in the past few years. He is a great man who I am proud to be a close personal friend of. That is why statements like that hit a nerve.

Like i said maybe he is a changed man but I knew him when.

sphinx-1906
10-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Well let's give you a freakin cookie for being the most out standing, perfect child in Jasper county. Maybe you can speak at the next man-haters convention.

Junkyard
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Well let's give you a freakin cookie for being the most out standing, perfect child in Jasper county. Maybe you can speak at the next man-haters convention.

WOW such hostility!!! LOL you and Gene must be real close for you to react this way!!

I will give him one thing I thought he was a good coach, he just couldnt ever win the big one. He just didnt always treat players equally and fairly.

And why do people from Newton always have such a chip on there shoulder about Jasper?

thats it I am dont with this thread!!:D

one more thing all I did is state my opinion about the man just like you did.

spiveyrat
10-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Gene is a good man. He was a friend of the family even before I played for him. Gosh, I haven't seen him in years, though.

sphinx-1906
10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I have no hostility against Jasper, and yes I do have a great relationship with coach. It just kills me to see how unappreciative you can be about someone you should respect.

WOS#74
10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
News Alert:

My BC coworker just received a call from her daughter and all cheerleaders and strutters have been reinstated. MIP charges dropped.

easttexan1
10-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Gene Walkoviac, as demonstrated by his record, was a great head coach and a nice guy, but he did have a few too many Chris Hunts during his tenure in Jasper. I fully believe that kids should be given second chances, but I also think that the great teams of the past and future are the disciplined teams. I saw several Jasper failures in the 80's and 90's that were almost exclusively a lack of discipline and character. I truly believe that some of the recent Jasper success was started by Coach Brooks and continued by Coach Lauve and revolves around teaching some character skills that Jasper players have lacked on occassion. BTW Gene got a raw deal from the school board in Jasper and should have sued., but didn't. That in itself may tell you something about him.

BCsportfan
10-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Personally we've told our kids that if you are there, you are considered guilty. I don't think the whole thing is fair, but most thngs in life aren't. I do feel that the handbook will have no credibilty anymore. Guilt by association was always enforced in the past. Sounds like the police messed up to me. Writing MIP's shouldn't be that difficult.
Maybe this will still serve as a wake up call for the students.

I understood that there we're many MIP's given that night. Anyone know if the football boys and the others were dropped too ? And will the boys have to finish the 30 miles ?

2futurecard'smom
10-01-2004, 01:03 PM
Yep, sounds like someone goofed. Maybe someone jumped the gun before the facts were out. Hopefully some good will become of this, I would surely think that if the girls have been reinstated, they will make sure from now on to be very careful and selective on where they go and what is going on around them. Guilt by association is sometimes a hard pill to swallow, but like my mom used to say "If you lie down with the dogs, ya gonna get fleas". Maybe the code of conduct for all the athletes in Bridge City should be the same for any and all, regardless of what sport, who you are, or your gender. Seems to me it would be alot easier on everyone concerned.

shankbear
10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Perhaps they should draft a Uniform Code for Extra Curricular Activities. Have a big pow wow sitdown meeting of sponsors, coaches, etc and hash out a new set of rules. Make no exceptions and have zero tolerance. If you are busted on or off campus and it is a violation of the law...you are gone..do not pass go...do not collect $200.

2futurecard'smom
10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
That would work! At least everyone from faculty, sponsors, athletes and parents would know from the get go what the rules are and that everyone has to go by them.

Bandera YaYa
10-01-2004, 01:29 PM
News Alert:

My BC coworker just received a call from her daughter and all cheerleaders and strutters have been reinstated. MIP charges dropped. So...in other words, they got off scott free..... :rolleyes: So, how is a MIP charge reversed?/??? Sounds like someone paid off someone...well, that's a good example to set!!! :eek:

spiveyrat
10-01-2004, 01:50 PM
News Alert:

My BC coworker just received a call from her daughter and all cheerleaders and strutters have been reinstated. MIP charges dropped.

:eek: :eek: :eek: The plot thickens!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

JasperDog94
10-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Jasperdog94 you are an idiot. How can you bad mouth a coach (Walkoviac) after all he did for Jasper. He was there for 20 years and had playoff runs 14 of those years. He still has players call and visit him that he led through their high school years as their coach. They got away with murder, thats a good one. Wow. Such anger. You, like Milton Bradley of the Dodgers, need to take an anger management class. Sheesh.

Originally posted by Junkyard
The only thing i disagree with dog94 about is that it wasnt all the players that got away with anything jsut the star players.

That's what I meant. Some players got special treatment.

JasperDog94
10-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Come on man, 94 is a cool cat. We dont need name calling, we have had our fair share of that.:hand: Thanks chaingang. I couldn't agree more. We can disagree and still be civil about it.

chaingang
10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks chaingang. I couldn't agree more. We can disagree and still be civil about it.

Right, I see this board as a debate not a insult forum. By the way I guess you can tell i LOVE to argue.:D

PS I dont debate with Barbers Hill people they are inferior.:D :clap:

FYI-I will throw random trash at BH fans because they started it!:hand: