PDA

View Full Version : Will Rain Hurt Decatur or Wylie More?

Bullaholic
09-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Will rain hurt Decatur's or Abilene Wylie's chances of winning Friday night. Forecasters say rain 70% probable sometime Friday night. I think rain my hurt Decatur more as they rely on precision routes by the receivers and Decatur's field is grass. However, when Bridgeport played Decatur in 2001 during a "monsoon" on that field, Dane still threw pretty well to his receivers.....rain or shine it will still be a good one and I am looking forward to seeing it.

Decatur2004
09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Rain is something to consider...i also hear there is a cold front blowin in....but in decatur we pratice for perfection no matter the weather........it may take some time to acclemate to........but we will execute

Johnny Moxen
09-30-2004, 10:54 AM
As Decatur2004 stated, teams are taught to prepare to execute no matter what the weather. However, that being said, I think this helps Wylie out tremdously. 70% chance of rain makes it a little harder to throw. With Wylie's multiple offense (I-formation, two backs, spread, etc.) they have many more options for adjustments than typically that of a 1-back/spread offense. I am going to say that Wylie will win it's third Homecoming in a row by 7.

tmac
09-30-2004, 10:56 AM
i think that godboldt will tear it up this game

kaorder1999
09-30-2004, 11:42 AM
80% chance this last friday in East Texas and never saw a drop

slpybear the bullfan
09-30-2004, 12:14 PM
During the monsoon game, Dane did a great job of putting a soft touch on his passes and Daugherty did not. And the outcome showed it.

The skill players from Decatur have played in bad weather before... I think it will affect both teams the same..

Bullaholic
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
That's true Slpy....but I knew the Bulls were in trouble in that game when I watched Phillip warming up....he couldn't grip the ball well enough to throw a spiral..they were all ducks...hats off to Dane for overcoming this. You going to turn "traitor" and take this one in Slpy?

slpybear the bullfan
09-30-2004, 08:01 PM
No... it pains me that I will miss this one.. but i will be in Austin working for the Army musuem that I volunteer at....

You going?