PDA

View Full Version : Washington Wins Sinton 66 and PPHS!

PhiI C
08-24-2003, 06:16 PM
In the game for the world championship in women's pro soccer Washington beat Atlanta in a great game 2 to 1 that went into overtime. A great year for women's pro soccer and all the teams were closely matched. All of the games in the semis and now this one were decided by one point and went into overtime. In fact one was decided by penalty kicks. A great final win for Washington where Mia Hamm the hot soccer babe plays. :) I hope everyone got to watch this great classic game and is one that both sides can take pride on being a part of. Now if we can just get a major pro women's softball team I will be happy.

ThaRealBulldog
08-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Soccer is boring

PhiI C
08-24-2003, 06:30 PM
But Varsity this was not just about soccer but women's soccer. They put on a great show and had a great game.

PhiI C
08-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Also Varsity there are so many one point games in women's soccer and some are decided by penalty kicks. Many a time when you see such a game you wonder did the best team really win? That adds to the intrige of women's soccer.

sinton66
08-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok, but if Soccer is a world-wide game, how can the World Championship be played between two American teams? Do the commies not field women's teams? :D :D :D

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Phil C
08-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Actually they only compete mainly in the world olymphics and world cup championships every 4 years each (I am talking about Women's soccer). The top countries are considered USA, Germany, Brazil, China and Norway. I think one of the Chinese players plays pro for Atlanta but she is in her country getting ready for the world cup games and the olymphics so she didn't play this season. Had she done so Atlanta would probably have beat Washington.