PDA

View Full Version : What if I was 2 tell u that Jasper,Decatur,Or West OS....

cunbed10
09-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Won't be crowned your 3A DivI or DivII Champs in2004. Last year this time Marlin had played Burnet, and I know I'm not the only one who thought that Burnet was hands down the DivI Champs, Bellville was an early favorite to win DivII, but this funny thing happened,there is always a darkhorse team that's just as good as or better than the Burnet's, and Bellville's, but didn't get the Pub and the hype. Gainesville went into this game and Had to be the underdog in everyone's mind, with the exception of everyone from Gainesville. Div II was very similiar I didn't think Atlanta stood a chance with the Speed from Marlin, we all know what happen. So no Disrespect to Jasper,Decatur, and West OS, but take if from me don't let the sportwriters, and polls, and fans get you caught up, believe me you, If and when a team makes it to state, the other team that you face didn't just happen to get there, they are there because they have a dam good team also.
Good luck to Jasper, and West OS, and Decatur, I hope you all make it to state, but only two of you will make it, and if two of the three of you make, don't take the opponent lightly, remember they r there for a reason, and it's not to lose.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-30-2004, 09:14 AM
good points, but the sports writers are also writing about what they see happen and what they see happening in the future, this isnt the BCS, its actual people who are writing these, not saying they are or arent correct, but they have been doing this stuff for along time and i think they may know what too look for in teams early on.

Hupernikomen
09-30-2004, 09:14 AM
I don't think people thought Gainesville was a big underdog against Burnet. The Gainesville team was similar to the Ennis team that had beaten Burnet the year before, so if anything I would imagine some considered Burnet the underdog in that one.

Jasper, WO-S and Decatur have quite a few game before they start to worry too much about their playoff opponents. One thing is for sure all of those 3 will be in the playoffs, outside of that is pure speculation.

I agree the Bellville team last year should be a warning to highly touted teams this year, and seems something like that happens every year; its just a matter of who it happens to.

PPHSfan
09-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Hup,

I am sure you meant Everman not Ennis. Not getting on you, just wanted to let you know you misspoke.:)

cunbed10
09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Yeah! you're right, but the 02' season Jasper had just come to 3A and they were the favorite to win state, well that day at Kyle field, I witnessed Burnet play a game against Jasper, similiar to Bellville played agaisnt Marlin later on that night, everyone there just new Jasper and Marlin would win, they were favorites, but unfortunately the following week Marlin and Jasper were at home

Hupernikomen
09-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Hup,

I am sure you meant Everman not Ennis. Not getting on you, just wanted to let you know you misspoke.:)

sure did ...those two were both salty.

Hupernikomen
09-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
Yeah! you're right, but the 02' season Jasper had just come to 3A and they were the favorite to win state, well that day at Kyle field, I witnessed Burnet play a game against Jasper, similiar to Bellville played agaisnt Marlin later on that night, everyone there just new Jasper and Marlin would win, they were favorites, but unfortunately the following week Marlin and Jasper were at home

I agree with you there.

tmac
09-30-2004, 10:13 AM
no offense cunbed10 but you just stated the obvious,of course the polls arent always right,but they are there to say who will be tough to beat on those any given fridays.

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 10:17 AM
IMHO, I don't think what happened last year will necessarily dictate what happens this year or in the years that follow.

tmac
09-30-2004, 10:19 AM
good point i agree is differs from year 2 year sometimes its the powerhouse and sometimes its the underdog

GUNHO
09-30-2004, 10:36 AM
. So no Disrespect to Jasper,Decatur, and West OS, but take if from me don't let the sportwriters, and polls, and fans get you caught up, believe me you, If and when a team makes it to state, the other team that you face didn't just happen to get there, they are there because they have a dam good team also.

None taken cunbed10.What you say is true.We ( WO-S ) have been to state four times winning two and were heavy favorites in one of those and got our butts whipped good.

WOS92
09-30-2004, 10:36 AM
What if I was 2 tell u that Jasper,Decatur,Or West OS.... Won't be crowned your 3A DivI or DivII Champs in2004.

I would probably say you're in the same league as the sportswriters, except for the fact that they've seen these teams actually play. What if I was to tell you that none of us has any idea who will be crowned?

Decatur2004
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
What if I were to tell you that we have no idea if we are goin to make it to state or not? JUst because decatur has hype and some pub. doesnt make us any better or worse..........we are what we are! And the only game we care about is the next one..........play each game like it is the last game of your life....practice playoffs!

cunbed10
09-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
I would probably say you're in the same league as the sportswriters, except for the fact that they've seen these teams actually play. What if I was to tell you that none of us has any idea who will be crowned? Actually there r some giving the crown to West OS and Japer as we speak, the same thing goes on every year, you keep 2 or 3 teams in the limelight, and then, whap! here comes someone who wasn't suppose to win.

cunbed10
09-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
. So no Disrespect to Jasper,Decatur, and West OS, but take if from me don't let the sportwriters, and polls, and fans get you caught up, believe me you, If and when a team makes it to state, the other team that you face didn't just happen to get there, they are there because they have a dam good team also.

None taken cunbed10.What you say is true.We ( WO-S ) have been to state four times winning two and were heavy favorites in one of those and got our butts whipped good. I can remember yall's team my junior year at Aldine MacArthur, we played yall in the Astrodome, and you all had a running back that looked just like Eric Dickerson, I mean the long curl, the goggles and all, and man did he run like him, I think he hit us us for about 200 + this game, but the year was 1985.

cunbed10
09-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
I would probably say you're in the same league as the sportswriters, except for the fact that they've seen these teams actually play. What if I was to tell you that none of us has any idea who will be crowned? Trust me when I say, I am a true sports fan, and I will catch one of West OS, Jasper's, and Decatur's games during the playoffs, I will probably squeeze in some A, AA, AAAA, And AAAAA games also, I did catch Burnet and Jasper 1 in 02'.

spiveyrat
09-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Man, what is up with your sig??? :eek:

cunbed10
09-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Man, what is up with your sig??? :eek: well the first half is Omar Epps from Friday after next, I borrowed 1 of his lines. the Second half is from Eddie Murphy the movie Life, the table seen when the big black guys sayz" Hey! Girl! U gon eat yo Konbread! Martin, Lawrence replies, No! you can have it, the Eddie sayz Nah! Nah! get yo on portion of konbread, he's gon eat his, then the Big Black guys sayz ,"What if i eat yo Konbread, then Eddie sayz all Naw MotherF#@$%^& you can have my Kon bread, and if u try and take my konbread part 2 of my killing spree gon bgin in here on yo a$$. and that;s what zup on my signature.

Jody
09-30-2004, 04:35 PM
If your going to watch a WOS game, do it soon. They probably wont make the playoffs.

chaingang
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Jody
If your going to watch a WOS game, do it soon. They probably wont make the playoffs.

I was waiting for some BH trash to come from some where.:D

I figured it would be RBARKER.:thinking:

Thats ok, pay back is a biaaaaaaaaaaaat.....................:kiss:

spiveyrat
10-01-2004, 07:02 AM
well the first half is Omar Epps from Friday after next, I borrowed 1 of his lines. the Second half is from Eddie Murphy the movie Life, the table seen when the big black guys sayz" Hey! Girl! U gon eat yo Konbread! Martin, Lawrence replies, No! you can have it, the Eddie sayz Nah! Nah! get yo on portion of konbread, he's gon eat his, then the Big Black guys sayz ,"What if i eat yo Konbread, then Eddie sayz all Naw MotherF#@$%^& you can have my Kon bread, and if u try and take my konbread part 2 of my killing spree gon bgin in here on yo a$$. and that;s what zup on my signature.

Have you seen that movie once or twice? :D I've seen it, but I don't remember that part of it.

3afan
10-01-2004, 07:13 AM
nothing is surprising anymore ........ any team that makes the playoffs can win a state title ... just ask YaYa :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2004, 07:16 AM
oops - wrong thread

3afan
10-01-2004, 07:23 AM
get coffee -- NOW !!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
get coffee -- NOW !!!!

I did - Thanks!

WOS1
10-01-2004, 09:26 AM
I can remember yall's team my junior year at Aldine MacArthur, we played yall in the Astrodome, and you all had a running back that looked just like Eric Dickerson, I mean the long curl, the goggles and all, and man did he run like him, I think he hit us us for about 200 + this game, but the year was 1985.

That was Eric Williams, he went on to play at UT. He is now a model in NY, can you believe??

Anyway, I agree, there is always a dark horse that either knocks off or comes close to knocking off a hyped team. I really don't think we are getting the hype we were before the season since we've lost a couple. I really don't like us being "the team to beat". I really think the "bullseye" teams now should be Jasper and Decatur. Sorry guys!! :D

tmac
10-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Bein the targeted team is the same as every other game,you expect the best from every team no matter what the situation or rankings.

Jody
10-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
I was waiting for some BH trash to come from some where.:D

I figured it would be RBARKER.:thinking:

Thats ok, pay back is a biaaaaaaaaaaaat.....................:kiss:

So chain, we are coming to watch your idols tonight "Bridge City". You gona come watch the game with me and RBARKER? We can bring you a BH shirt or something. :D