PDA

View Full Version : Jaspers Pre-Season Schedule!

Old Cardinal
07-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Looks like Jasper will be preparing hard---I will put the Classification and Enrollment behind each team...........Port Neches-Groves 4A (1555)...........Silsbee 4A (905)..........Nacogdoches 4A (1819)........Houston Jesuit TAPPS 5-A.........Houston Smiley 4A (1592) Don't know of anyone taking on the big schools like this team.

Chris Hart
07-09-2002, 10:36 PM
Old Card, I agree with your analysis of the Jasper pre-dist. schedule it is tough and they will have a great year.But as far as in your other post about Sinton going to stomp Burnet you are a little off base.Burnet will play Sinton a good game if they meet and I personally think they would beat Sinton.I think Burnet will meet Jasper in the Div.1 semi-finals.When they do meet, my money is on the Bulldogs.(lol)

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Matthew328
07-09-2002, 11:26 PM
I agree....Jasper does have a good schedule...gotta play the big boys if you wanna be good come November...I can think of 3 teams that have good schedules also..Marlin they play 3A Burnet which will be a good one...then they have 2A Mart which is a rivalry game...always a battle..thier other 3 games are against 4A schools...Waco University with a 1022 enrollment..Waco Midway with an enrollment of 1803 then they play 4A D2 state champ Ennis with a 1348 enrollment..Atlanta plays 5 4A schools...Paris (904) Hallsville (1132) Texarkana Texas High (1351) Mt Pleasant (1240) and Marshall (1850) then you know I have to throw my boys from Everman in there...they play FW Eastern Hills (1547) Lawton, OK Eisnehower (approx 1400) and Crowley (1405)....by the way Bridge City usually plays a lot of 4A's in non-district who do they have???

Jacket2000
07-10-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
Looks like Jasper will be preparing hard---I will put the Classification and Enrollment behind each team...........Port Neches-Groves 4A (1555)...........Silsbee 4A (905)..........Nacogdoches 4A (1819)........Houston Jesuit TAPPS 5-A.........Houston Smiley 4A (1592) Don't know of anyone taking on the big schools like this team.

Small correction, Old Card. Houston Jesuit is an independent, they're not in TAPPS.
J2K

SintonFan
07-10-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
Old Cardinal, I'd think you lived in Jasper if I didn't know better. BTW, when did enrollment guarantee a good team? Maybe I should post to all the opponents of Newton that they should whip them cuz they're a small 3-A. I'm sure Victoria Memorial feels better with all their players and should win the 5-A title? I do agree playing 4-A teams in the preseason does help a team experience more competition on average.

sinton66
07-10-2002, 08:17 AM
Right on SinFan. There is some truth to numbers making a difference, but it's not ALWAYS the case. Competing with larger schools does tune up a good program. Sinton could only find one that was willing to take 'em on, Gregory-Portland. From what I heard, most of the other 4A's didn't want to play Sinton this year. But, on the bright side, Pirates shouldn't need a lot of tune-up. Burnet/Sinton is pointless argument, I'll make a call if it becomes a reality.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 10, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 10, 2002).]

ElMeroMero
07-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Which 4a's didnt want to play Sinton?

sinfan75
07-11-2002, 05:10 AM
I think the reason Sinton only has one 4A school is because of reallignment.Most of the 4A schools down here are all in one district and it only gives them three non-district games.So I think that played a part in it.Also I think they also like to play bigger schools,at least the contenders any way.Sinton's ain't the toughest but there will be some good games to watch.G-P vs. Sinton-Renewal of an old rivalry,Cuero vs. Sinton-The beginning of a rivalry.

sinton66
07-11-2002, 07:44 AM
I'm positive that Calallen was glad they didn't play Sinton last year. Heard that from an Odem coach that is friends with Danaher. Suspect you're right on the alignment thing, probably played a big part in the decision. Beeville didn't sign on this year either, and neither did Tuloso-Midway. I can understand why they wouldn't. Sinton would have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Has to be demoralizing to a 4A program when they lose to a 3A even if that 3A is a state contender. I would have thought that Davenport would have been willing, but it didn't happen. G-P and Cuero look like the toughest preseason opponents for Sinton.

eagle_fan
07-11-2002, 03:50 PM
as far as jaspers schedule it aint any harder than newtons would be if PNG.NEDERLAND.WOS hadnt stopped playn us cause they didnt wanna lose to a 3a school

------------------

sinfan75
07-11-2002, 07:57 PM
All I know is if Beeville was dodgin Sinton lookin for an easier schedule they wouldn't have Calallen,G-P,Alamo Heights, and Uvalde all back to back;Lyford is last.But I'll agree with ya on Danaher.He won't play Sinton until he knows they're in a rebuildin phase.He's already been bit!

M.PIRATEFAN
07-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Who would like to see Sinton play Bay City??????? Or even Memorial vipers???

ElMeroMero
07-11-2002, 08:32 PM
I would like to see Sinton and Calallen.

SintonFan
07-11-2002, 10:44 PM
M.PIRATEFAN, I wouldn't like to see them play those teams. It's too far. Maybe Mathis could play Calallen? That I would go see! It would be a great matchup!

sinton66
07-12-2002, 08:24 AM
It very well may be realignment that turned Beeville and Tuloso away from Sinton, I didn't mean to claim they were avoiding us. I guess it did sound like that though. Whatever their reasons, I just wish they had stuck around. We ended up with a couple that shouldn't even be much of a test, although anything can happen in high school football.

bc 76
07-12-2002, 09:00 PM
M.PIRATEFAN YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE SINTON PLAY BAY CITY.I DONT THINK SINTON WILL EVER SEE THE KIND OF SPEED & SIZE BAY CITY HAS.BAY CITY HAS A LOT MORE SPEED & SIZE THAN EVERMAN HAS.

Matthew328
07-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Man bc76 do we have to get into that again?? LOL I am not sure if you have seen Everman play......Everman isn't the biggest team but from top to bottom they are as fast as anyone in the state....they may not have a ton of 4.4 and 4.3 guys but they have a LOT of guys running 4.6 or so...this includes lineman...but it's all a mute point I guess..just had to vent LOL But I do disagree with you on that one..

SintonFan
07-13-2002, 12:18 AM
Didn't GP almost beat Bay City a couple of years ago? Under that whole "'school's playing schools' that 'played other schools' that played MY school!" debate, let me bring up a valid point. Yes, it's been at least two years. Yes, GP lost a very close game. Yes, it was a pre-district game in which GP had about the same yards as Bay City. Yes, it was played at GP. Yes, GP IS playing Sinton at Wildcat stadium. Yes... what was I saying? Oh yeah, didn't GP almost beat Bay City a couple of years ago? LOL.....