PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Gonzales

Bellville22
09-29-2004, 11:09 AM
The Brahmas' off week couldn't have come at a worse time. This young team went to Yoakum and beat a pretty good Bulldog team to gain some confidence, and then had to sit on that confidence for 2 weeks. Oh well, I guess it's better than sitting on a loss for 2 weeks.

The win over Yoakum certainly was an emotional boost for a struggling Bellville team. Few teams opened with as tough a schedule as the Brahmas did, and it certainly was rough, especially since many of the starters were seeing their first varsity action. But a schedule like that can only make you stronger, and hopefully Bellville will be rewarded for their early struggles. Things appeared to come together, and there finally seemed to be some chemistry amongst the team in Yoakum. Granted I know this team has and can play better than they showed (not the best execution I've seen this year), but they certainly played with fire, and finally bonded as a team and supported each other, and that I liked.

Now the 1-3 Brahmas host Gonzales, which is also Homecoming for Bellville. The Apaches are probably not the caliber of the teams Bellville has played thusfar, but from what I hear they are a solid bunch. Being homecoming, and coming off of the big win 2 weeks ago, I expect Bellville supporters to fill the stadium Friday night and support their improving Bulls.

I don't think the Brahmas are where they need to be yet to make a serious playoff push, but I do like the improvements I'm seeing. If they continue improving at that pace, they'll certainly find themselves in the mix in D20. Columbus is a team which Bellville should beat, and needs to beat to open district. Then they'll face rival Sealy in what will really be the test to see how far they've come.

I expect to see a fired up Bellville team ready to grab that first home win come Friday...

Bellville 27
Gonzales 17

Hoss
09-29-2004, 01:25 PM
I would expect Bellville to handle Gonzales. Bellville is growing up fast. They took their lumps early and are now giving some out. The team is ready to roll...GO BULLS

Bellville 35
Gonzales 14
:D

CheerMom
09-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Good Luck to Bellville this week. The Raiders are off, so we are going to come watch the Brahmas play. Looking forward to a good game. May both teams play safe and injury free!!
Go Raiders!!!

pirate4state
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Good Luck Brahmas!! :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
09-29-2004, 06:56 PM
I don't know very much about Gonzales, other than I heard they like to spread the defense out with a bunch of receivers. Cameron and Marlin had good success against Bellville running this type of offense. I would like to see Bellville play more of a tighter coverage at the line of scrimmage. This would stop some of the short easy routes and give the pass rush a chance to pressure the QB.
On offense, Bellville started to show signs of a very good running game. The line blocking has been very good and they found a potential star runner in Cooper. Eliminating the false starts and other negative plays will help keep their drives alive. Mix in some passes on first and second downs will keep the opposing defense honest. I haven't seen the screen play in the last couple of games and if they have good success running, try a few deep passes off of play action.

Haunta Yo
09-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Clear the way...
Apaches will be ready!

Gonzales 21
The 'ville 7

Pudlugger
09-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Gonzales has a potent passing game. If Bellville's secondary can bottle up the Apache receivers they have a good chance of winning. The Apache's also are dangerous on the draw play and have speed to burn. I think the Apache's win this by 3.

Bull's-eye
09-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Anybody know the Apache's record? Who have they defeated? Who has defeated them?

venomous tat2
09-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey bulls-eye go www.texas football ratings.com then look to the left and click on scores then click on 2004 then class 3A choose your week(s). good luck on Fri tell the red mustache i said to give em hell LOL.

Bellville22
09-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Gonzales is 2-2 on the year. Schedule went as follows...

vs. Somerset: W 23-6
vs. 4A Elgin: L 39-34
vs. LaGrange: L 10-7
vs. 4A Lockhart: W 21-20

Hard to tell what to expect, two close games w/ 4A teams, but not sure how strong those teams are. I worry about the passing attack of the Apaches, Bellville hasn't defended the pass very well so far. Should be interesting, I still think the Brahmas get the W.

elhs
09-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Just want to wish the Brahmas good luck this week against Gonzales. Everyone be safe. Hope to make to the game.

The Raiders will see ya in a couple of weeks.

Bull's-eye
09-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Good luck Brahmas!!:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

I look for Bellville to start a new winning streak at home. Hopefully, these last 2 weeks of practice have given the coaches time to fine tune the Bulls. I worry about the rust, but look forward to the improvements and new plays.

DEMO4
10-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Can anyone tell me about the Gonzales coaching staff? Who the DC & OC and where they came from. They seem to be doing well.
Just a little Info needed

veer option
10-01-2004, 11:19 AM
The head coach there at Gonzales is a great guy and he know's some X & O's.

IHStangFan
10-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Gonzales by a TD.

Bellville22
10-01-2004, 03:44 PM
'IHStangFan': that is by far the greatest signature I've seen to this point :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
10-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey Bellville22, that was your 1000th post. Congratulations!
Good luck Apaches and Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
10-01-2004, 04:14 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations Bellville22!!!
You are now "All-District" and finally getting some of the recognition that you deserve. :D See ya at the "Pasture of Pain".