PDA

View Full Version : Zapata Hawks Will Not Be Playing This Weekend

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Due to out of school actions, the Hebbronville Longhorns have canceled all future sport, academic or music competetions between both schools.

Hebbronville has forfieted all matches in all sports to Zapata, climbing Zapata to 6-0 and without a game this friday.

Hebbronville will play Donna JV.

texasjeremy
09-28-2004, 10:33 PM
What did Zapata do?

Gobbla2001
09-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
Due to out of school actions, the Hebbronville Longhorns have canceled all future sport, academic or music competetions between both schools.

Hebbronville has forfieted all matches in all sports to Zapata, climbing Zapata to 6-0 and without a game this friday.

Hebbronville will play Donna JV.

That stinks when out of school actions cause schools to stop all competitions with each other...

Hope it can get fixed...

Could you imagine when these schools do hook up 10 years or so down the road?

Man, payback time or something...

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-28-2004, 10:39 PM
The actions that triggered this were as follow:

Zapata had played Laredo Cigarroa on a thursday, so people from Zapata went to the Hebbronville game the next night. There was a fight at the local DQ where one of our star RB's beat up on somebody on the other team. (Provocation from Hebron boy)

Four parents talked to the superintendent, felt concern for their kids, their Super. doesn't like to play Zapata in anything, and it was our homecoming...

So, screw Zapata. And they forfieted.

Though an intersting side story is that after the Laredo Cigarroa game, the new Hebronville coach was making fun of the Cigarroa coach. The Cig. coach then told the Hebron coach to put their JV on the team, as they wouldn't have a V left after they played Zapata.

He's got a point: Zapata has knocked out several players this year, we are a PHYSICAL team.

Oh well...
Hebron sucks. They are going to get killed by Donna's JV team.

texasjeremy
09-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Sounds like the coach at Zapata needs to get control of his players.

KTJ
09-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Sounds like the coach at Zapata needs to get control of his players.

That's what I was thinking when I first read this.

Are these two teams in the same district?

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah, that fight was, well, not needed.

As for on the field, I stand corrected. It's only two out for the rest of the season from other teams.

And they aren't in the same district. It's like the main rivalry, and Heb. was in our district last year.

PhiI C
09-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey Hawk I read where Hebbronville went to 2A this year. Too bad the rivalry can't continue.
I remember the Sinton VS Zapata game last year and the Hawks were a physical team but they didn't play dirty or take cheap shots so I am sure they are not trying to injure anyone.

HAWKS
09-28-2004, 11:35 PM
We think Hebron used the incident as an excuse not to play against the HAWKS. They knew they were going to lose, and maybe get hurt because Zapata is playing very strong(physically).

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-29-2004, 12:34 AM
I concur on that point.