PDA

View Full Version : LH Panther injuries

bd0707
12-02-2003, 10:08 AM
I read this in the Austin American Statesman this morning. I am sorry to hear of these injuries. Get well soon guys

Liberty Hill

Two players who were instrumental in helping the Panthers reach the third round of the playoffs were injured in their 35-27 loss to Port Isabel Saturday.

Casey Kociuba, the leading rusher during the regular season, suffered a broken collarbone, an injury that takes at least six weeks to heal, trainer Doc Harrington said. Also, starting defensive end Ryan Lawhorn missed most of the second half with a knee injury.

The good news -- they are among a large group of Panthers who are coming back next season. Kociuba, only a sophomore, returns with sophomore running back Matt Escamilla and junior quarterback Dexter Hanson.

Lawhorn, a junior, heads a defense that returns junior linebacker Tony Haberer and safety Aric Valliere.

This marked the first time in school history that the Panthers (11-2) reached the third round of the playoffs.

Tarpon2004
12-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Hope yall get better....So far yall look to be an awesome team next year!....PEACE!

footballgal
12-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Wow, I am sorry to hear about the injuries, I though it was an injury free game. My wishes for these players for a speedy recovery and I am sure we will hear from them and all the team next year.

olddawggreen
12-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Good luck boys, you had a great year, get well and be ready for next year!