PDA

View Full Version : San Angelo

Gsquared
09-28-2004, 11:45 AM
What is the name of the steak house in San Angelo? Need to find a good place to eat Friday before the game.

CatWoman
09-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Are you referring to Zenter's or Zenter's Daughter? Zenter's is on Sherwood Way (I prefer this one) and Zenter's Daughter is on Knickerbocker Road, right across from the Stadium.

Gsquared
09-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Either one really. Will be passing thru on the way to Eldorado, so whatever one is more convienent. Zentners is the orginal one isnt it? BTW, thanks for your help!

Green Ranger
09-28-2004, 12:05 PM
There is also a really good steak place off the loop past Super Walmart and Lowes a little way. I think the name is Twin Mountians or something like that. Not as well known but just as good. Sorry, name might be incorrect as it has been a long time since I have been there but in my opinion just as good if not a little better than Zenters.

vet93
09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
G2...Which way are you going to be coming into San Angelo from? If you are coming in on Highway 67 from Ballinger then you can go to Lowake Steakhouse (turnoff is right after you get our of Rowena coming from Ballinger). Zentner's Daughters is on Knickerbocker right across from the football stadium. Zentner's is on Sherwood way. I agree with Catwoman...the original is better than zentners daughters. Twin Mountains is also very good but it is on Highway 67 on the other side of San Angelo going towards Mertzon (this is probably a little out of you way).

Gsquared
09-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Lowake is the one my buddy wants to eat at. I said Zentners. Hes drivin so I guess he get to choose. If I drove, we would be eating in Tyler! My directions are bad

Speed24
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Going to school up here and all.. if you're looking for a good place to eat I'd say Zetner's Daughter of of knickerbocker. Also Chedders is a nice place to go..It's like chillis but better, excellent hamburgers and steaks!

VWG
09-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Twin Mountains... worth the drive.

redraider
09-28-2004, 01:09 PM
My choice would be Lowake. If memory serves correct, the original Zetner's was in Rowena before it all moved to San Angelo.:doh:

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 01:18 PM
I ate at a really good Mexican food place there this past Spring. As a matter of fact it was one that Green Ranger recommened.

The food was great but the Mariachi band got on my very last nerve.

Oh yeah....the margarita's were LARGE and good....thank goodness my husband was driving!!:p

Gsquared
09-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Just talked to him, its Zentners Daughters were eating at.