PDA

View Full Version : Girls Playing Football

BullFrog Dad
09-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Found out this past weekend that Aledo and Lake Worth each have a girl playing on one of their 8th grade squads. Does this happen at any other schools?

footballgal
09-28-2004, 11:38 AM
The Cotulla Cowboys have a Cowgirl, on the JV team. (She is dating a Cowboy on the Varsity team):D

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 11:39 AM
its the dumbest thing ive ever heard in my life....

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 11:41 AM
About 6 or 7 years ago, Greenwood's kicker was girl...and she was darn good too!

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 11:46 AM
people say that the girls seeking to play football are fighting for equal rights. How is that? How is that an equal right? Males cannot play on female sports teams and sice that cannot happen wouldnt equal rights be that girls cannot play on male sports teams?

The day a male is allowed to play on a girls volleyball team I will have no problem with girls playing football.

BullFrog Dad
09-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
its the dumbest thing ive ever heard in my life.... There is no way I would let my daughter play regardless of position. She's not the type that could handle a hit but maybe there are some that can. It seems that it would be hard for the girls' parents to enjoy the game.

spiveyrat
09-28-2004, 11:55 AM
There are some sports where guys just don't belong... like the balance beam in gymnastics. One slip and you're singing soprano the rest of your life!!! :D

Matthew328
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Girls playing football is ridiculous.....

Bulldog_12
09-28-2004, 12:20 PM
I don't know if any of you heard about this one, but there was a girl playing for Colorado. Then something happened, kinda hazey on the details though. :thinking:

3afan
09-28-2004, 12:20 PM
in 99.99 cases yes ... i have not seen the 00.01 case but its bound to happen

Hannibal
09-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Refugio in 2A has one on their JV.

RTX 14
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
rockdale has one on its jv

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Girls playing football is ridiculous.....

amen

Underwater Basketweaver
09-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Boy, here's a thread that could get some fires kindled.

I plead the 5th.

3afan
09-28-2004, 01:42 PM
wimp :D

Underwater Basketweaver
09-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

yeah, well....uhh....excuse me I need to go to the little BOYS room

Junkyard
09-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Man I am really ahving to bite my tounge with this one!!!:cool: :doh: :confused:

Phil C
09-28-2004, 02:00 PM
I don't want to be in an argument but there enough great sports girls can play that I like to watch such as women's soccer, volleyball and women's basketball plus women's track just to name a few. I like to watch volleyball and softball and basketball and tract a lot. I also like to watch women's soccer too.

BlitzemAll
09-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Our 7th grade has a girl playing.....we were told by the coach that he had a first last week...in his 27 years of experience.....a player missed practice due to "cramps"

Green Ranger
09-28-2004, 02:01 PM
If the President says it is alright for women to fight in combat, I think if they want to play football they are more than welcome to.

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 02:01 PM
coaches that allow the girls to play are just afraid of the fight...

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 02:21 PM
The day a male is allowed to play on a girls volleyball team I will have no problem with girls playing football. Preach it!:cool:

spiveyrat
09-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BlitzemAll
Our 7th grade has a girl playing.....we were told by the coach that he had a first last week...in his 27 years of experience.....a player missed practice due to "cramps"

Anyone from Jasper who has played for Coach Brack knows that a good swig of pickle juice will take care of cramps! :D

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Anyone from Jasper who has played for Coach Brack knows that a good swig of pickle juice will take care of cramps! :D Oh my goodness! I remember that!!!:D :D

mwynn05
09-28-2004, 02:47 PM
If a female is not allowed to play football they claim discrimination. A female should not be allowed to play football in my opinion, and the descrimination claim is pretty much crap because a male would never be allowed to play volleyball unless a men's volleyball program was started. It's a double standard that will never be changed

Junkyard
09-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Oh my goodness! I remember that!!!:D :D

They are still using the pickle juice from what I hear all weeka nd even have some on the sidelines at the games!!:clap:

Bandera YaYa
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
people say that the girls seeking to play football are fighting for equal rights. How is that? How is that an equal right? Males cannot play on female sports teams and sice that cannot happen wouldnt equal rights be that girls cannot play on male sports teams?

The day a male is allowed to play on a girls volleyball team I will have no problem with girls playing football. Well, I for one would gladly go watch a young man in shorts play volleyball!!! :devil: :devil: :kiss:

PPHSfan
09-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
If the President says it is alright for women to fight in combat, I think if they want to play football they are more than welcome to.

Women are not supposed to fight in combat. With that being said, I know that there have been women trapped in combat, but there are not supposed to be women in the combat arms of the military, and there should not be women playing football either.

exbccards76'smom
09-28-2004, 04:30 PM
I remember seeing a movie about a girl that wanted to play quarterback in football. Helen Hunt played her. The school Board justified her playing by stating that Title IX says if there is no girl's team, they must allow her to play with the boys. So,I guess, if a boy wanted to play volleyball, he would have to be allowed to do so(seeing that most schools don't have a boy's volleyball team).

pirate4state
09-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
I remember seeing a movie about a girl that wanted to play quarterback in football. Helen Hunt played her. Quarterback Princess. :clap:

CatWoman
09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
I hope none of the ladies get mad at me, but why would any girl want to play football. Although I believe in equal pay for equal work, yada, yada, yada... I still love being a woman and being treated like one, I've never wanted to be "one of the guys", even though I was a good athlete when I was in school. I just believe God made us different for a reason and "Viva la difference".

clayalan
09-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
If the President says it is alright for women to fight in combat, I think if they want to play football they are more than welcome to. Women are not on the front lines for combat duty or directly sent into combat. I just dont believe in women in combat period or playing football with Boys or Men.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2004, 05:59 PM
We have a girl playing on one of our 7th grade squads, I believe the B team. I've not seen her play, since they play first.

I don't necessarily agree with girls playing football, but I don't think they should be denied the opportunity to play if that's what they want.

Several years ago when my oldest was on the freshman team (he graduated 2003), we had two girls on our JV squad. That particular class of boys was filled with underachievers (by choice) who played very few sports because it required effort. If it had not been for the two girls playing, we would not have had enough kids to play without moving up freshman or moving down varsity. One of the girls happened to be the fastest back on the team.

Ranger05
09-28-2004, 06:07 PM
I dont agree with it either i played against girls when i was in 7th and 8th grade and honestly i didnt like it cause i was afraid i was gonna hurt them.

BigAbe79
09-28-2004, 07:38 PM
A girl playin football is so pathedic. What would u do about the dressing room and crap. The girl that is playin deserves to get hurt.

pavilion2
09-28-2004, 07:42 PM
some of the ones in Cuero could easily play football....reeve is scoutin one that is 6'5 265 with a 400 squat and 270 bench which is pretty impressive for a girl...i think she might try and suit up sometime in the middle of district....I think she can do some damage on defense and disrupt everything..keep in mind that she is one of the many girls in Cuero High school that could play football (band,trotters, etc)

footballgal
09-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BigAbe79
A girl playin football is so pathedic. What would u do about the dressing room and crap. The girl that is playin deserves to get hurt.
How can you say that?? You’re pathetic for saying a girl deserves to get hurt!:eek: :mad:

IMO, if you love football enough to want to play and have the ability to do so, then good for them, I say let them play. Now, it would have to be with the understanding that they understand the circumstances, in which they are putting themselves in. Unlike in woman's sports, having a guy play on a team, i.e., a volleyball team, that can be an advantage for that team. I think then, it’s when people would make an issue out of it, and not just because it was a guy playing, but it might be said that it would be unfair to the other team. Unlike having a girl on the football team, that would most likely not be an advantage and most teams playing against that team would not care.

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Playing football is definitely not a "girls" world. The whole atmoshpere of men's football is not compatible with girl players. That is waaaaayyyy too much distraction to get stuff done.

I have no problem with girls playing football. Create their own leagues for them and let them get after it and more power to them.

PPHSfan
09-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Is there nothing sacred left in the world?

Jody
09-29-2004, 06:51 AM
WOS has a whole Offensive Line of girls....LOL

FbCoachB40
09-29-2004, 09:12 AM
When I was coaching in the College Station area, one of our district opponents had a female kicker. Yes, she was good. Infact she would have probably received 2nd team all-district; however, the head coach of that team stood up and pleeded with the coaches to not give her the honor. He said, "It will only make more come out for football, and you guys don't know how hard it is!" He then talked about dressing room adjustments, seating adjustments on the bus, cramping adjustments, etc,etc

JasperDog94
09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Jody
WOS has a whole Offensive Line of girls....LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: Where are all our WOS guys? I'm sure they've just missed this post.:eek: :eek:

onfirebball05mustang
09-29-2004, 12:21 PM
i like the idea of girls on football teams...when i was in eighth grade (i'm a senior now) we had four or five girls on the team, and sophmore year we had one girl on varsity, a kicker. I myself have toyed with the idea of being on the team, but due to the fact that i dont wanna give up my summers to practice, i havent been able. I just can't wait for the day when girls can play Baseball. Not that softball is altogether bad, but I feel that they are two different sports. Gimme a good fastball anyday!

There's always elgin who has a Powder Puff Football team, they do pretty well. Now if we could just convince manor to have one, we could retain our rivalry with the 'cats!

Keith7
09-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Girls should stick to mud wrestling.. end of subject

Ranger05
09-29-2004, 02:23 PM
yea i think powder puff is fine if girls wanna play football but dont send them out there with a bunch of guys there bound to get hurt

kaorder1999
09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
girls have volleyball and guys have football....guys have baseball and girls have softball.....

like i said before....if they want to let guys play volleyball then I would have no prob with girls playing football...if guys were allowed to play softball then I would have no prob with girls playing football...it IS equal rights that we are talking about. It isn't equal rights when one side is given more rights....