PDA

View Full Version : CLASS

Rabbit'93
12-14-2003, 10:45 PM
I've been reading alot of posts talking about "Class", who has it and who doesn't. I'm just curious to know what you think determines who has class or not. Also whether or not you let individuals determine this for a group.

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

olddawggreen
12-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Rabbit, my idea of a classy fan is someone that can go all out in supporting their team with out trashing your opponents. To be proud of your team, win or lose, but to recognize that everyone else is proud of their own team also. To treat the fans of the opponents you have just beaten with respect as you would want them to treat you if they have won. To recognize when you have been beat by a better team and to congratulate them, wish them luck and make no excuses for why your team lost. I personally dont care for bragging about how bad your team is gonna beat some one. A prediction based on knowledge is fine, to blindly take another team for granted just because you think your team is great is nuts. Just my opinion.

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Well said, olddawg. I completely agree. Rabbit'93, as far as individuals determining how I feel about a group, I am fully aware that in every phase of life there are classy and classless people. For this board, one or two really obnoxious and/or rude posters will sway me to not publicly root for that team.

3afan
12-15-2003, 08:14 AM
olddawggreen - very well put ...

Hottogo
12-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Great post Olddawg, words to live by!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-15-2003, 10:05 AM
olddawggreen:
Rabbit, my idea of a classy fan is someone that can go all out in supporting their team with out trashing your opponents. To be proud of your team, win or lose, but to recognize that everyone else is proud of their own team also. To treat the fans of the opponents you have just beaten with respect as you would want them to treat you if they have won. To recognize when you have been beat by a better team and to congratulate them, wish them luck and make no excuses for why your team lost. I personally dont care for bragging about how bad your team is gonna beat some one. A prediction based on knowledge is fine, to blindly take another team for granted just because you think your team is great is nuts. Just my opinion.Taking those words into consideration.......Marlin's fans don't have any. I've read all the junk Marlin's fans have posted on here after their boys whipped up on my Tarpons, and it shows absolutely no class whatsoever. As always, i'll take the high road and say congrats to Marlin on your victory over Port Isabel, and good luck in the finals. Port Isabel, y'all had a FINE season, you have NOTHING to hang your heads over.

Keith7
12-15-2003, 02:25 PM
According to PPHSFan, You can not be happy after you accomplished something good on the football field, because if you are, that is low class

BulldogGrl64
12-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Keith7:
According to PPHSFan, You can not be happy after you accomplished something good on the football field, because if you are, that is low classHaving class is not a specific action, but rather how someone conducts themself. In regards to whether or not a team has "class" it can be determined on a number of different levels. From an outsider's perspective, it has a lot to do with the fans and whether or not they trash talk the other team and how they act after a win or loss. It has a lot do with the team and how they "celebrate" after a touch down or a good hit and how they act towards the other team after winning or losing the game. It also has to do with the coaches and their attitude towards the game in general. But no matter how anyone tries to define class, we will all have our difference of opinion and we will all agree/disagree on what is considered "classy" and "classless".

As for you Keith7, I think you are reading way too much into things. Don't stoop down to the retard level and start pointing fingers and callin' people out. It only starts he-said/she-said nonsense and gets people all fired up over nothing.

fmsc64
12-15-2003, 02:46 PM
:( Class is in the eye of the beholder! A football game is a place to be excited and show your spirit! I also agree with OLD'DAWG who put the statement very well and for the Tarpon fan, YOU have not read all the Marlin postings because I personally praised your team players, coaches, band, drill team and fans. So before you critize any or one Marlin person, read all the postings. We do have class and it is so far above others- we are in a class of our own!! wink

MARLIN BULLDOGS! "COME READY OR NEVER START!"
MARLIN BULLDOGS ENOUGH SAID!

Keith7
12-15-2003, 02:47 PM
BulldogGrl64:

Keith7:
According to PPHSFan, You can not be happy after you accomplished something good on the football field, because if you are, that is low classHaving class is not a specific action, but rather how someone conducts themself. In regards to whether or not a team has "class" it can be determined on a number of different levels. From an outsider's perspective, it has a lot to do with the fans and whether or not they trash talk the other team and how they act after a win or loss. It has a lot do with the team and how they "celebrate" after a touch down or a good hit and how they act towards the other team after winning or losing the game. It also has to do with the coaches and their attitude towards the game in general. But no matter how anyone tries to define class, we will all have our difference of opinion and we will all agree/disagree on what is considered "classy" and "classless".

As for you Keith7, I think you are reading way too much into things. Don't stoop down to the retard level and start pointing fingers and callin' people out. It only starts he-said/she-said nonsense and gets people all fired up over nothing.I think it all depends on the generation too.. cuz i've noticed alot of the older posters find more stuff un classy then the younger posters..

thats messed up BulldogGrl64 are you calling me a retard?

BulldogGrl64
12-15-2003, 02:51 PM
No I'm not calling you a retard. I did not say "don't be a retard"....I simply said "don't stoop down to the retard level". Anyone who is going to sit and point fingers and start the "he-said/she-said nonsense" is just asking for trouble. So to answer your question again...No I did not call you a retard.

pirate4state
12-15-2003, 06:05 PM
I agree with olddawggreen. Guys & Gals, I know it is hard NOT to respond when someone makes a negative comment about your team, town, fans, etc., but I think it shows alot of "class" (and great restraint :D ) if you just ignore it & take the high road. But then what would we have to read?? wink :D I also agree with BulldogGrl64 in that no matter how anyone tries to define class, we will all have our difference of opinion and we will all agree/disagree on what is considered "classy" and "classless". And that's all I gotta say about that!!

sinton66
12-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Keith, did you do a monkey dance when you doctored the picture I posted of Sinton's baseball championship trophy? :D

Keith7
12-15-2003, 06:58 PM
sinton66:
Keith, did you do a monkey dance when you doctored the picture I posted of Sinton's baseball championship trophy? :D I'm the one that taught this year's team the "monkey dance"

I forgot about that picture.. i need to find that picture again

sinton66
12-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Uh huh, guess that would explain it. You just don't get it do ya?