PDA

View Full Version : Just my thoughs on all the DRAMA

Diboll_Lumberjackk
09-28-2004, 12:30 AM
I dont post to much on topics other than football but iv noticed alot of ROMs an such an moderators "no names" getting on to ppl for things that are small. I understand it is you guys to keep everything cool on the forums but little nonsense stuff should not be any trouble... I think the mods are overreacting.. Iv talked to a few other ppl on this forum an they seem to agree with me...

Well this is just my opinion.

SintonFan
09-28-2004, 01:23 AM
The low is known as a "family friendly" forum...
let's change that to a "mess -ed up forum..."

Diboll_Lumberjackk
09-28-2004, 03:58 AM
Who decided as to what it should be? Never saw matthew posting all this.. Only the new moderators who got some powers over others not to long ago. Nothing wrong with a little rivarly going on the mods are taking there powers overboard on some things. Like i said im not the only one who believes this.

HighSchool Fan
09-28-2004, 04:38 AM
No one here said that you and whoever else has a problem with the MOD's can't go start your own discussion board.

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 07:17 AM
That's funny you say that, because I got several PM's from the Administrator last night saying right the opposite.

We aren't just ROMMing for the heck of it, you know!!

If someone has a problem with it, let them step forward and make it known, like you did!

I have had countless reported posts in my e-mail...not ONE has been to say "please let them stay...their harmless"!!

jason
09-28-2004, 07:22 AM
maybe their afraid to come forward and complain cause u think you'll ROM them, lol :D :D :D

cunbed10
09-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's funny you say that, because I got several PM's from the Administrator last night saying right the opposite.

We aren't just ROMMing for the heck of it, you know!!

If someone has a problem with it, let them step forward and make it known, like you did!

I have had countless reported posts in my e-mail...not ONE has been to say "please let them stay...their harmless"!! It seems to be better now than the old 3ADownlow, because the old had Cliques and if you were not apart of them you could step on any toes so to speak, but the Mods now are pretty tolerant.

3afan
09-28-2004, 07:46 AM
if ya dont like it - then don't come around - its that simple ...

sinton66
09-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Here's the bottom line folks. Just like in school when they told you extracurricular activities were a priviledge, not a right, 3A Downlow is similar. This is a privately owned membership-only organization, not a public one. Posting here is a priviledge, not a right, and that priviledge can be removed. Each poster is entirely responsible for the content of their posts, and will be held accountable for them. The moderators here were ASKED to perform this duty, and I for one take that seriously.

big daddy russ
09-28-2004, 08:31 AM
You haven't been around that long, Diboll, but maybe you've been around long enough to remember J2K. He was one of the old moderaters and that guy had an itchy trigger finger. These guys are extremely laid back, especially compared to him. He didn't take excuses, period. Just look at Sinton66 last night with that Wimberley kid. He gave him numerous chances. If you name yourself "The President of the United States," even if it is just joking around, you're going to piss someone off. You can't have a title of authority when you're not an authority.

As to who decided what this board should be like... talk to Matt and the Administrator. If I remember the history, I think Gobbler2001 also helped put the board together. They all agreed that this board should be one in which the posters show respect to others. It's hard for someone to have an intelligent debate about football if one side is calling the other "stupid" and an "idiot." That's why this board is ten times better than any of the others I've found. All the punks get kicked off quick.

WOS1
09-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You haven't been around that long, Diboll, but maybe you've been around long enough to remember J2K. He was one of the old moderaters and that guy had an itchy trigger finger. These guys are extremely laid back, especially compared to him. He didn't take excuses, period. Just look at Sinton66 last night with that Wimberley kid. He gave him numerous chances. If you name yourself "The President of the United States," even if it is just joking around, you're going to piss someone off. You can't have a title of authority when you're not an authority.

As to who decided what this board should be like... talk to Matt and the Administrator. If I remember the history, I think Gobbler2001 also helped put the board together. They all agreed that this board should be one in which the posters show respect to others. It's hard for someone to have an intelligent debate about football if one side is calling the other "stupid" and an "idiot." That's why this board is ten times better than any of the others I've found. All the punks get kicked off quick.

Well, the only problem that I see, which I've stated in the past, is that some on here love to try and help irate posters on their way by stirring the pot.

The only other thing is that I feel like some get a little more leeway than others. Some of the mods put up with more from the older posters than they would a newbie which I don't think is necessarily fair. I will say that RM has her stuff together and she will step up and warn you no matter who you are. I think you do a great job RM.

Phil C
09-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Hear Hear Big Daddy and WOS1!! It is especially bad to insult the Sinton GodFather! :mad:

Phil C
09-28-2004, 08:47 AM
For the newer posters my last post here is not to be taken too seriously. ;)

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-28-2004, 09:19 AM
There were members that on this occasion and others have asked posters to tone it down. Instead of excepting the advise for what it was, the tone continued.

The "old time or older" posters know how far they can and should go. Even with smack talk. The youngsters were advised by long time posters to stop, it didn't. I think you will also find that personal attacks will NEVER be accepted. This is clearly what the young man from Wimberley did.

There are other sites, if a person doesn't want to abide by the rules here OR, as previously stated, you can start your own site. Make it what you wish, ROM when you want to ROM. It's one thing to talk smack, it's another to attack and individual.

golfie
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Way too many crybabies...Just my opinion:( :( :(

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi golfie,
Welcome to 3a Down low. You keep that attitude, you'll do well.:clap:

Ladykat5
09-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Here's the bottom line folks. Just like in school when they told you extracurricular activities were a priviledge, not a right, 3A Downlow is similar. This is a privately owned membership-only organization, not a public one. Posting here is a priviledge, not a right, and that priviledge can be removed. Each poster is entirely responsible for the content of their posts, and will be held accountable for them. The moderators here were ASKED to perform this duty, and I for one take that seriously.

Also known as a sole proprietorship!! haha I learned that in economics! :p Just trying to lightin up the mood.

WOS1
09-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by GreatBigBurnetFan
There were members that on this occasion and others have asked posters to tone it down. Instead of excepting the advise for what it was, the tone continued.

The "old time or older" posters know how far they can and should go. Even with smack talk. The youngsters were advised by long time posters to stop, it didn't. I think you will also find that personal attacks will NEVER be accepted. This is clearly what the young man from Wimberley did.

There are other sites, if a person doesn't want to abide by the rules here OR, as previously stated, you can start your own site. Make it what you wish, ROM when you want to ROM. It's one thing to talk smack, it's another to attack and individual.

Oh... I've seen some of the "old" posters make attacks and nothing has happened. Two in particular who will remain nameless. All I'm saying is that, whatever you do, do it equally and without regard to the status the transgresser holds. JMHO

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 01:30 PM
if a moderator asks you not to do something, regardles sof what it is, then dont do it and if you do it expect to be ROM'd.

cunbed10
09-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Being ROM'D 4 a good reason is good, being ROM'D becasuse some1's feelings gets hurt is BAD

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cunbed10
Being ROM'D 4 a good reason is good, being ROM'D becasuse some1's feelings gets hurt is BAD

people arent rom'd because someones feeling are hurt. They are rom'd because a moderator gave them a warning and they refused to do what the moderator asked....

dawgmom
09-28-2004, 01:36 PM
From what I have seen, and been a part of, this board is moderated very fairly and very well. As was said before, you can't have an intelligent discussion about football if someone is constantly belittling you or your team. You tend to get defensive about those things and all intelligence goes out the window. So moderators, keep up the good work. I can say that this is a site I do not mind my kids going to.

cunbed10
09-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
people arent rom'd because someones feeling are hurt. They are rom'd because a moderator gave them a warning and they refused to do what the moderator asked.... Well I wish I would've gotten a warning, but that was a different time.

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Well I wish I would've gotten a warning, but that was a different time.

There's a new sherrif in town!!:D

Phil C
09-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Plus Ranger Mom the Sinton GodFather is also watching! :mad:

Phil C
09-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Plus Ranger Mom the Sinton GodFather is also watching! :mad:

PPHSfan
09-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Here is you a sig pic phil.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/photos/movies/godfather.jpg

kaorder1999
09-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Well I wish I would've gotten a warning, but that was a different time. warnings are posted all the time...sometimes they are even warnings via sticky threads

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Well I wish I would've gotten a warning, but that was a different time. Was Jacket the one that ROMed you?

sinton66
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Was Jacket the one that ROMed you?

Yes, he was.

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 02:50 PM
That explains a lot.

Bandera YaYa
09-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Yes, there is a HUGE difference between just talking some smack about your team and being verbally abusive and vilolent. There are plenty of other boards that will allow you to say anything. Maybe the ROM"d posters will find another place they will enjoy better. This board has a few rules, not many, that were established and are so stated when entering the board. The ROM"d posters simply CHOSE to ignore them. Life is about choices......and consequences. How hard it that to understand???? No one is twisting any one's arm to stay on here. Peace!!

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Life is about choices......and consequences. How hard it that to understand???? But my parents never hugged me....the devil made me do it....it's not my fault....I'm gonna sue...:p :p

Bandera YaYa
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But my parents never hugged me....the devil made me do it....it's not my fault....I'm gonna sue...:p :p LOL !!! hahahahahahahahah.....yeah, I can tell you were unlovable !!!!! :eek: :D

Phil C
09-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Thank you PPHS. I just wish I knew how to get it under my posts. Maybe one with Marlon Brando too. :)

PPHSfan
09-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you PPHS. I just wish I knew how to get it under my posts. Maybe one with Marlon Brando too. :)

Do you want me to make you a Brando sig that is of legal size to put under your sig line?

PhiI C
09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
I got it on the other post PPHS and thank you and Keith again.

j_dog
09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
if a moderator asks you not to do something, regardles sof what it is, then dont do it and if you do it expect to be ROM'd.
I second that! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the Mods are doing a terrific job. If you don't, check out some of the other Boards and watch how they run DOWNHILL!

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks to everyone for the "good job" comments. Being a moderator on a board that tries to keep things "above the board" is sometimes frustrating.... you spend more time reviewing emails about bad posts than you go GETTING to post yourself.

Enough of my whining... HAVE FUN!!! :)

Keith7
09-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks mod's yall really have done a good job the past couple of days, i have been impressed with yalls dicipline

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Well, the only problem that I see, which I've stated in the past, is that some on here love to try and help irate posters on their way by stirring the pot.

The only other thing is that I feel like some get a little more leeway than others. Some of the mods put up with more from the older posters than they would a newbie which I don't think is necessarily fair. I will say that RM has her stuff together and she will step up and warn you no matter who you are. I think you do a great job RM.

Lots of people like to stir the pot - it is how everyone handles it that is the key. I've gotten upset a few times myself - the key to not going over the top is self-control.

There are plenty of folks on here who have been around longer than me, but in the two years I've been lurking & posting, I've never seen anyone get ROM'd without a warning; cunbed10, this includes you. Anyone who does not heeded the warning, should be gone.

As far as older posters getting more leeway, I don't see how you can say that. I don't believe you see the older posters cursing, making personal attacks or offensive remarks. That's the line in the sand that was drawn years ago & the older posters don't cross it.

To Diboll_Lumberjakk, you may think the new moderators are a little power hungry. My suggestion is that you go back to the beginning to see that the original moderators had the same standards as the current ones. In one day Matthew ROM'd 4 people within 11 minutes. The current moderators are maintaining the standard given to them by the administrators.

3afan
09-29-2004, 07:49 AM
props to the "older posters" !!!!!!!!!!!!

PPHSfan
09-29-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
props to the "older posters" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean everyone over 40?

3afan
09-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Do you mean everyone over 40?

not sure ......LH P Mom - how are you defining "older poster" ???

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
not sure ......LH P Mom - how are you defining "older poster" ???

Well, since your youngest qualifies as one of the older posters, and he's nowhere close to 40, I guess I mean anyone who's been around 6 months or more. I don't think I had a specific cutoff in mind, was just responding to WOS1 and the use of "older" posters.

PPHSfan
09-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Do I qualify?

I was around when Kennedy was shot, and I have been here for at least six months.:D

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Do I qualify?

I was around when Kennedy was shot, and I have been here for at least six months.:D

Of course. You've been here longer than me.

That day really was not good - Captain Kangaroo & all my other programs were pre-empted. :(

3afan
09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
guess i'm "older" no matter which way you look at it .....

PPHSfan
09-29-2004, 08:13 AM
I was only a few miles away when it happened.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2004, 08:15 AM
I was in Roaring Springs. 3afan, with your outstanding knowledge of the state, maybe you can tell PPHSfan where it is. :p

PPHSfan
09-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I was in Roaring Springs. 3afan, with your outstanding knowledge of the state, maybe you can tell PPHSfan where it is. :p

I know where Roaring Springs is. It's just East of Lubbock

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2004, 08:22 AM
More importantly, have you ever been there? :D

PPHSfan
09-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Sure,

I passed thru there once on a backroads motorcyle trip form Abilene to Amarillo.:)

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, that's about as "back roads" as you can get and still be on pavement.

PPHSfan
09-29-2004, 08:31 AM
I remember they had a Hotel that was about 100 years old that looked like it came right out of the old west.