PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 10:56 PM
I can't wait til' Friday Night Lights hits the theatres on Oct. 8. I think it is going to be a great movie and I am going to go see the weekend it comes out. I read the book last year and it was a great book about how football is a way of life in the state of Texas. Have any of ya'll read the book? If not then, if you have to read a book for English or something then I would recommend this book. It is a little longer than I know most of you would like, but it goes by fast because it is all about the sport of high school football in lthe great state of Texas.

TheDOCTORdre
09-27-2004, 11:02 PM
How does this sound, Friday October 8th I'm going to watch Friday Night Lights, Saturday October 9th I'm going to watch The Red River Shoot Out

sahen
09-27-2004, 11:05 PM
i wish that they could add Friday Night Lights to the American Lit book list at Baylor....but yah....i dont think it will happen....

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a great weekend. I mean what can beat going to watch a great High School Football movie, and then go watch probably the best College Football Game all in one weekend. BTW, TheDOCTORdre, got any extra tickets to the Red River Shootout by any chance? If so I would be glad to take them off your hands. J/K, but anyway you should have a great time at the Shootout just dont get in too much trouble down there in Austin. I heard it can get pretty crazy on Red River Shootout weekend.

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah, and Sahen what's so funny about the whole thing is that as bad as Gary Gaines was and as much as he cheated the system he is now the football coach at Abilene CHRISTIAN University. How that for ironic.

sahen
09-27-2004, 11:14 PM
that is messed up....and why is the movie opening on a friday....gosh u'd think those directors would know us Texans r busy on friday nights in fall and would let it open either thursday or sunday...duh...

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 11:20 PM
No joke, huh. That is why I am going to have to wait for Saturday to go watch it. To all the football teams with byes that week Friday Night Lights would be a great inspirational film for the team to go watch together.

TheDOCTORdre
09-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Let me coorect my earlier post I forgot my weekend gets better, I will be watching a late showing of Friday Night Lights because I will be watching Sweetwater play Wylie

sahen
09-27-2004, 11:23 PM
i cant go that friday night and baylor plays on national tv at 9pm that saturday in waco so i gotta go help fill up the Case (our stadium)....so i'll see it when teh crowds die down at the theater....being there is nothing to do in waco, that'll be in about a month....

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Well good luck to your team, TheDOCTORdre, and I hope ya'll blow Wylie out of the water. I was wondering if you know KiKi and Trip from Sweetwater. They are juniors if you do PM me.