PDA

View Full Version : Clyde vs. Vernon

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Alright I know what you all are thinking. Blowout. Well the way I see if Clyde can hold Vernon to under a 150 yards and the offense has a flawless game then I think Clyde will upset the Vernon Lions. I think it will be a low-scoring defensive struggle. My prediction is Clyde 10, Vernon 7. Let's hear those predictions.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-28-2004, 09:04 AM
I tend to agree with you, although the Vernon defense is a very good unit. I don't know that Clyde can put up 10 points. Maybe a 7-0 win as the Lions are struggling on offense right now. But many on this board have made some very good points about Vernon's speed. The backs are all very fast. I don't think Clyde has faced an offense that has this much speed as of yet. If either the HB, QB, WB, or FB make it into the open field they will be go the distance. The problem has been that they haven't been able to get out of the backfield. Major o-line problems.

Tell me more about the Clyde offense. What do they typically run? Who should I be looking for? What about the defense? What do they run and who are the key players?

In addition, Vernon is still suffering some injuries and I don't think several of these guys will play. This game really doesn't count toward making teh playoffs and Vernon has a bye the next week, so I would suspect that the coach will keep out the questionable players hoping to rest them until the district race begins.

The ones I know of that are hurt:
Weitner (SS & Wingback)
Shiplet (C)
Craighead (FB & LB)

BigAbe79
09-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Clyde may have problems with speed but it will be very difficult to get out side with chiappone from the backside. All four of our line backers are very good hard hitters. Welch is very good with containing the run as well as the pass. The o line is young and not very big in size but they use their speed and quickness very aggresively. Wilkerson and west are very aggresive in the middle linebacker positions. The offense is a little rusty but they are improving every week. I think this game is going to be a defensive battle.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Vernon will not pass to often. When they do look for the short to intermediate passes. They like to roll out and hit either the TE or Fb on a drag across. Has worked well for them. No long bombs as the QB doesn't have the arm. But he is quick. So on those roll outs if he sees that he can run he would rather do that. Where they have a chance to break one is on the WB counter. They won't run it until late in the half after they run the traps for about 10 times and then they trick the defense with the counter. They will try the counter with the HB and FB too.