PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger vs. Greenwood

Ranger05
09-27-2004, 10:00 PM
what are yalls predictions for this game

sirhc11
09-27-2004, 10:12 PM
I think Greenwood will pick up their first win this friday. I think that Greenwood is just too dominant for this young, but scrappy Ballinger team.

Greenwood: 35
Ballinger: 7

Ranger Mom
09-27-2004, 10:14 PM
That would be wonderful....our boys need some "inspiration"!!

Green Ranger
09-27-2004, 10:53 PM
I love the Rangers and know better than anybody they are often oversized but it is the heart that has made the difference the past several years. However I think the Rangers will not roll over Ballinger. Greenwood has taken this series past couple years and if I am not mistaken Ballinger left with a double bad taste in their mouth last year as I think a young man was carted away by an ambulance last year sometime during the game on top of the loss. I think it will be the chance that the Rangers need to turn around and head into district. I just think everybody needs to get on the same page and roll with all their guns blazing. I think it will be a tough close game. Have said it before, if the Rangers improve and come out healthy for district it is a win.

TheDOCTORdre
09-27-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm going with Greenwood-21 Ballinger-7. Good luck Rangers

clayalan
09-27-2004, 11:04 PM
I like the rangers 35-17

vet93
09-28-2004, 09:36 AM
I think that Greenwood is the clear favorite in this game. They have played a double tough schedule and have steadily improved. Ballinger has also steadily improved and have made great strides since the beginning of the season. The young players are coming into their own. I don't think that there is any bad blood on the part of Ballinger (at least not to my knowledge), other than the desire to beat a team who has beaten them them several times over the last few years. For the Bearcat fans, I think that the main thing that they are looking for is steady improvement and cutting down mistakes. If Ballinger can do this, then they should be competitive.

CatWoman
09-28-2004, 09:51 AM
I don't have a prediction, I think it could go either way, of course I hope it's the Bearcats!! We have improved every week. This should be a good tune up for district and hopefully a good ballgame for both teams.

Johnny Moxen
09-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Should be a great game, but I have to with Greenwood on this based strictly on that they gave Wylie a game.

VWG
09-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Is Greenwood still going with multiple QB's or did they finally settle on one kid to get the job done?

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Is Greenwood still going with multiple QB's or did they finally settle on one kid to get the job done?

One quit, one is hurt, so it is ALL on Freshman Colton Wilber at this point!

westTXbest
09-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Greenwood will win this game but , THEY NEED TO STICK TO THE RUN GAME, last weeks game would have been closer if they would have ran the ball, but they didnt. And we will win our distict. That was my cousin green ranger that left in the ambulance last year.

Wtx_coach
09-28-2004, 01:45 PM
westtxbest- I think you guys will make the playoffs but winning district maybe a little hard for you guys to beat Monahans, I have seen those guys play 2 games this year and they are very tuff even though they have lost 2 games!As far as district goes I think Monahans will win the district outright and then I think it will be you guys and Ft.Stockton and Pecos battling it out for 3rd place, but hey thats just my opinion so good luck in district!!

lobo12
09-28-2004, 02:31 PM
what two games did you see them play wst tx coach

justlikesports
09-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I think Greenwood will win, they are due. I know they are having a hard time , but never count them out. District starts next week and they will come out fighting. I have a feeling that the last game of the regular season will be interesting. Monahans traveling to Greenwood. Anything is possible. Hope for the Loboes' sake that it is a repeat of last year, with them winning the district title. By the way Ranger Mom, what is the Rangers district schedule? Thanks.

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Oct. 8 Seminole
Oct. 15 @ Ft. Stockton
Oct. 22 Pecos
Oct 29 @ Lamesa
Nov 5 Monahans

justlikesports
09-28-2004, 03:58 PM
THANKS RANGER MOM!!!!

westTXbest
09-28-2004, 04:11 PM
I think Greenwood can and will beat Monahans, I have seen an 0-4 team at almost there best at snyder and should of beat them and i know monahans offense has nothing like snyders. If Greenwood plays a good game they will win. West Tx coach i think u got soemthing against Greenwood because if any thing is said about monahans and Greenwood u r the first one to say Greenwood will lose.

lobo12
09-28-2004, 05:00 PM
just because he thinks monahans will win doesnt mean he has something against greenwood. what do you mean monahans's offense has nothing on snyders. have you seen their offense. what makes you think monahans's offense isnt that good. they have put up at least 300 yards every game and last week put up over 400 so i think your wrong about that.

lobo12
09-28-2004, 05:06 PM
dont get me wrong i think the monahans greenwood will be a great game. greenwood is hard to play at home, and after the qb gets his feet wet i think he will be good by district and especially by the end of district. it will be a fight and whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win. by the way is greenwoods offense or defense better?

westTXbest
09-28-2004, 05:14 PM
It depend on which day it is, im going to say defense. But # 8 is just as good as any runnig back i have seen or better, this kid runs hard. I think he runs better than #7 from last year. This year # 7 is my bro he is the one with the visor.

lobo12
09-28-2004, 06:25 PM
you think he is better than audas?

VWG
09-28-2004, 09:17 PM
If Greenwood is starting a freshman at QB.... then gimme' Ballinger to win this one. I would feast on a freshman QB if I was the defensive coordinator at Ballinger.

Green Ranger
09-28-2004, 10:36 PM
That freshmen QB is the brother of probably the second best QB in the state last year. He is getting plenty of teaching. And by the time he gets to the end of district look out. LIkewise, in a year or two, if he has the recievers to support him, he will be all state.

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
That freshmen QB is the brother of probably the second best QB in the state last year. He is getting plenty of teaching. And by the time he gets to the end of district look out. LIkewise, in a year or two, if he has the recievers to support him, he will be all state.

Shhhh....let's keep that OUR little secret!!:D

Ranger05
09-28-2004, 10:47 PM
LOL yea a lot of ppl dont know about lil colton but i think colton will be bigger than his bro. hes already taller im 6'4 and hes probably 6'0 or 6'1

Ranger Mom
09-28-2004, 10:50 PM
You are 6'4"???:eek: :eek:

Man you have grown ALOT since you lived behind me??:D

The program doesn't show Colton being that tall, but my son is 5'10" and said Colton is taller than he is!

Ranger05
09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
yea after my knee surgery they looked at my growth plates and said i was done growing at 6'1 that was my jr. year shows what they know i guess they reopened and ive been growing slowly ever since

westTXbest
09-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey lobo12 i like Audas, but Brooks runs alot harer and with heart, and sees the field better. This guys a threat when ever hes mentioned with the ball or around it.

westTXbest
09-28-2004, 11:41 PM
#8 this year runs a lot harder but is not accelration like Audas.

callandraise
09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
I believe the post about bad blood between Ballinger and Greenwood is wrong. Most of the people I know were tickled to death when Grenwood shout out Daingerfield year before last. In fact a group of us went to Waco to watch them play for state. It was one of the best games I've ever seen and Greenwood would probably have won it if they hadn't had that turnover down about the five yardline right at the end of the game.As for this years game our team is young nearly all sophomores and juniors,they are not very big and not very fast but they swarm to the ball and they hit hard when they do catch somebody.Both these teams need a good game have some confidence going into district.

Ranger Mom
09-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by callandraise
I believe the post about bad blood between Ballinger and Greenwood is wrong. Most of the people I know were tickled to death when Grenwood shout out Daingerfield year before last. In fact a group of us went to Waco to watch them play for state. It was one of the best games I've ever seen and Greenwood would probably have won it if they hadn't had that turnover down about the five yardline right at the end of the game.As for this years game our team is young nearly all sophomores and juniors,they are not very big and not very fast but they swarm to the ball and they hit hard when they do catch somebody.Both these teams need a good game have some confidence going into district.

Someone posted there was bad blood between Greenwood and Ballinger??

Where have I been?? I have NEVER thought that! I know there was some disgruntled fans about the "megaphone man", but never heard anything more than that!

Green Ranger
09-29-2004, 12:25 PM
I think callandraise was talking about my post on page one which I stated that last year Ballinger left with a bad taste in their mouth with the loss and the young man being injured. Never did I say and or mean there is bad blood. That is not the case. As far as the game, I wish I could be there as I think it will be a good one. Like I have said as long as there is improvement and everybody stays healthy I think it will be a win for both sides. Sorry for any misunderstandings I may have caused.