PDA

View Full Version : Navasota VS. Rice in two weeks

Balboa
09-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I think this will be a great showdown. Navasota has a great team full of athletes .....Rice is coming into the distric ready to prove a point since they were picked 4th in presean polls

Texas Aggie
09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah, it will be a great game. I think Navasota has a slight edge in this game, but it will be played in Altair. Good-luck Rice!

clayalan
09-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Had the privilage to see Rice play last year. I dont know how much of last years team is back but if they still have that awesome speed then they could give Navasota all they want. I think the winner of this game takes district, hard fought battle next week, cant wait to see it. Navasota 35- Rice 28.

Speed24
09-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Navasota with a big win.. Navasota will dominate, i believe navasota has more size and strength. With smith in the backfield rice will have trouble stopping the run.

Navasota 35 - Rice -14

JettJenkins04
09-28-2004, 12:22 AM
I think that this one will be the battle of the backs. Two of the best backs in the state are going to collide to create a great game. Good luck to both teams, but this one will end with Rice on top. I pick this way because I know that #32 Sir Huffman will back down for no DEFENSE. Rice by 2td's

Go Raiders:D

strike hard
09-28-2004, 10:13 AM
I got to watch Rice last friday while scouting, and this game will be a great one to watch. The o-line for both teams in this game will be the key in determining the out come of the game i believe. If anyone needs a game to come and watch I would say come to it on oct. 8 @ Rice. It will be a great one.

Go Big Blue!!

Bellville22
09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Turnovers will be huge in this one. Both defenses will have trouble stopping the opposing offense.

I'll probably take Navasota by 10.

coiled2strike
09-28-2004, 11:18 AM
i think the defenses will determine who comes out on top...we will see 2 great backs...they will get their touches and their yards...the defense who comes up with the most stops and can create a few turnovers will come out on top...

Raider4ever
09-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I didn't think Rice was going to be very good this year. But they look mighty tuff. With two of the best duo i think in jay thomas and Charles Huffman it will be fun to watch. And QB Stuart Ray always ready for a scramble. If the Defense shows up like they did against Edna then Rice should take it. But we shall see when game time comes. I will take Rice by 6. I will throw no scores down because i just like to pick 1 number.

Anyways G'Luck both teams I can't wait to see this one!

scotty
09-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Neither Rice nor Navasota has played a very tough schedule, especially Rice. The only team of any significance was Yoakum and they lost. Bellville handled Yoakum rather easily. Navasota’s top opponent was Liberty Eylau and they barely won.
Bellville has had the toughest schedule and they should be favored over Gonzales on Friday night. If Bellville wins big, look for them to be the team to beat in district.
Sealy had scrimmages against Wharton and El Campo, both pretty strong, and stayed with No. 1 ranked Cuero through more than three quarters of play before losing 20-0. The rest of their schedule wasn’t all that good. Their defense has been sound, but they need to find an offense.
Hempstead played some good teams in Royal, Columbia and Wharton and have only one win to show for it. But they have tons of speed and showed at against Wharton.
Columbus came back and scored the only points allowed by Hallettsville Friday night and made a big game of it.
Huffman is very good, but the Rice offensive line and overall depth is suspect and a good defense could give them trouble.
I just believe there will be much more to the district race than the outcome of the Rice – Navasota game.

Chris' Agent
09-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Scotty, you obviously don't have a clue..."Played Liberty Eylau and barely won"...you idiot...

Chris' Agent
09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
in fact you know what...you sir...are ROM'd...

clayalan
09-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Scotty what are you talking about? Navasota has the top power rating in the state. This is based on schedule strength, Every team they have played so far has a winning record some have only one loss and thats to NHS. Think before you write Scotty do your research.

CheerMom
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Scotty, Rice's toughest team may have been Yoakum, and yes they did lose. Rice also played that night without their starting QB. They also played the last few minutes without one of their starting DB's. Yoakum was scoreless until the last 5 minutes of the game to win.
The Navasota and Rice matchup will definitely be one to see. I think it will a defensive battle and whichever defense can hold up the longest will be the victor. Turnovers will also be key in this game. This will have to be a near perfect game for each team.
Good Luck to both teams and may it be a safe and injury free game!!
Can't wait!!
Go Raiders!!!

RBARKER
09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Navasota by two TD's

downlower
09-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Chris' Agent
Scotty, you obviously don't have a clue..."Played Liberty Eylau and barely won"...you idiot...

From what i remember Navasota did barely beat Liberty Eylau, so he does have a clue. I'm not saying that Liberty Eylau was a bad team though.

JettJenkins04
09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Go Raiders

Rice By 2td's:D

bd62
09-28-2004, 08:10 PM
no disrespect for bellville but yoakum was very flat against a very hungry bellville team. . yoakum had come off a very physicial and emotional game against rice and wrongly took bellville too lightly.so dont take too much on those matchups.
as far as rice they are very good. i think they thought they had the yoakum game won when they scored and made it 10-0 with 10 minutes left.yoakum scored 3 times in the last 10 minutes.that game probably was very good for rice because they had to fight tell the end. just like it was good for yoakum to find out they had to play hard each week especially when you play good teams like bellville.

scotty
09-28-2004, 09:20 PM
I’m standing by my earlier post. Bellville has had the toughest schedule and their opponents have a combined 16-3 record. Two are undefeated and Marlin has only one loss. But that loss was a convincing one by Waco Connelly a team that Navasota handled rather easily.
Navasota’s opponents have compiled a 15-7 season record while Rice has only played one team that has a winning record. Sealy has played teams who stand at 11-11.
If Bellville can beat a pretty good Gonzales team, they will open district play against Columbus, another team that they should be favored to beat. Three wins in a row would give a young Brahma team quite a lift, making the Sealy-Bellville game real special once more. They meet the following week.
Navasota looks to have the most talent, but they have never been able to win the big game. The last two years they bombed out in the first round of the playoffs and lost two district games last season. And I still believe that the Rice offensive line and overall depth may give them problems.

bd62
09-28-2004, 10:18 PM
lots of facts in your post scotty. good job.

Chris' Agent
09-29-2004, 09:32 AM
No...he doesn't have a clue...Scotty was implying that we beat a poor team when we beat Eylau...He OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE...Eylau was a great team and the rattlers had to step it up to come out with the W...I'll tell you one thing, Navasota/Rice players and coaches realize that it doesn't matter what us idiots on the DL are saying...Both sides know the facts...they know that this game will be no cakewalk and that previous schedule doesn't matter...The only thing that matters is who wants it the most.:mad:

venomous tat2
09-29-2004, 09:32 AM
He may have good facts but facts don't win ball games player do and to say we barley won the game aganist L E all you saw was a score what you didn't see was a team(L E ) with great team speed a very guick,fast D and they have a ton of talent i guess you didn't know they made it to the D 1 regional finals last year and that weak or soft schedule that you refer to carries no weight with us everybody we played was picked to go to the playoffs. All we've seen on here is the strength of our schedule not being up to par. I will defend my rattlers any day of the week and any time of day or night.You are on the outside looking in we're on the inside looking out. Do come to the game it's going to be a dandy!!.ABTW they were #13 in the polls.

elhs
09-29-2004, 11:44 AM
This is going to be a defensive battle. It will be the best game this year. Good luck to all.

Go Raiders!!!

CheerMom
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
:D

Balboa
09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
The Raiders D will be hard to handle.....Just like Navasota's D will be....It will all come down to who will step up come friday night...

CheerMom
10-01-2004, 11:42 AM
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

CheerMom
10-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Anymore thoughts on this game since it is getting a little closer?
Looking forward to a great matchup this week.
Go Raiders!!!

Nemo
10-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Everyone needs to realize Rice is a very good team as is Navasota, but the game will come down to the best special teams. Rice has showed us great kicking abilities in their first five games. Good luck to both teams. Go Navasota!

CheerMom
10-03-2004, 04:39 PM
;)

TINK07
10-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Good Luck to both teams!!

GO RAIDERS! :)