PDA

View Full Version : Clyde vs. Vernon

tomlandry
09-27-2004, 01:37 PM
good game last week dogs. now i want to see ya do it fri. so whats the score going 2 be????

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Thsi will be a low scoring affair.

Johnny Utah
09-27-2004, 02:32 PM
I know Vernon has speed!!! What is going on??? Injuries, grades????

Johnny Moxen
09-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Hate to disagree with you Z motion out on 2, but no one in Clyde can match the speed of your team. Once those RBs of ya'lls breaks the line of scrimmage, they'll be gone. I say tons of scoring particularly on the Vernon side. Clydes line is not that big and they don't have the team depth to keep fresh bodies in the game.

DOGFAN
09-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Hate to disagree with you Z motion out on 2, but no one in Clyde can match the speed of your team. Once those RBs of ya'lls breaks the line of scrimmage, they'll be gone. I say tons of scoring particularly on the Vernon side. Clydes line is not that big and they don't have the team depth to keep fresh bodies in the game.

I agree 100%. Vernon will score more than they are accustomed to, and their defense is very good so Clyde will have a hard time scoring at all.

TheDOCTORdre
09-27-2004, 02:48 PM
An apparent battle of defenses will turn ugly when Clydes defense fails to keep up w/ Vernons offense. Vernon wins by the count 27-3

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Let me just lay it out for you that have not seen Vernon play this year.

The offensive line has had trouble from the get go this year. This seems to be Vernon's problem. This is a strange phenomenon because they are only replacing 4 kids on offense.

They return all the skill players from last years team the QB, HB, WB, FB, along with the Strong Tackle, and Quick Guard. Therefore the difference is in the center, tackle and guard. So they have three new linemen not counting the TE. 4 counting him. They can't seem to work together. They are missing calls and blocks. I would suspect that this would work itself out but then the center goes out with an injury two weeks ago. Not sure when he will be back. Penalties along with the fumbles on the center/qb exchange have also played a big part in Vernon's offense debacles. In three games they have only scored 21 points. That is just not enough to compete for a championship. Granted Vernon has very quick skill players all of them can go the distance if they ever break through the linebackers. That happened against Wylie and Altus. Just seems like they haven't been able to find a rhythm. In addition, the passing game is lacking. They can throw a 10 yard drag well, but deep passing is nonexistent.

The Vernon defense is a good group and will have to help the offense. Maybe they will break out against Clyde but then again, they may have more of the same.

pero chato
09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Let me just lay it out for you that have not seen Vernon play this year.

The offensive line has had trouble from the get go this year. This seems to be Vernon's problem. This is a strange phenomenon because they are only replacing 4 kids on offense.

They return all the skill players from last years team the QB, HB, WB, FB, along with the Strong Tackle, and Quick Guard. Therefore the difference is in the center, tackle and guard. So they have three new linemen not counting the TE. 4 counting him. They can't seem to work together. They are missing calls and blocks. I would suspect that this would work itself out but then the center goes out with an injury two weeks ago. Not sure when he will be back. Penalties along with the fumbles on the center/qb exchange have also played a big part in Vernon's offense debacles. In three games they have only scored 21 points. That is just not enough to compete for a championship. Granted Vernon has very quick skill players all of them can go the distance if they ever break through the linebackers. That happened against Wylie and Altus. Just seems like they haven't been able to find a rhythm. In addition, the passing game is lacking. They can throw a 10 yard drag well, but deep passing is nonexistent.

The Vernon defense is a good group and will have to help the offense. Maybe they will break out against Clyde but then again, they may have more of the same.

I've seen situations like this many times---returning tons of starters and still not performing up to expectations. Team chemisty has a lot to do with it. Sometimes it just takes a player or two to pull a team together. I'm not counting Vernon out by any means. I think they will gel and get it going. Wylie had a four game losing streak last year before they finally got their defense working. Vernon just needs to get their offense clicking and they'll be fine. Looks to me like the defense is already there. I'll take Vernon by 21 in this one.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2004, 04:47 PM
I hope they can get it together like you said as well as several other on this board. Good thing these games don't really count. Also it just isn't the same not seeing my son out there playing for them.

It's just not the same, so maybe I'm just pessimistic.

pero chato
09-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I hope they can get it together like you said as well as several other on this board. Good thing these games don't really count. Also it just isn't the same not seeing my son out there playing for them.

It's just not the same, so maybe I'm just pessimistic.

Maybe your son was one of those catalysts that is missing this year. Talk to any coach and they will tell you about the "personality" of each year's team. Hopefully this year is just a late bloomer team.

BigAbe79
09-27-2004, 07:02 PM
This will be a real test for Clyde. Last regular season game until district. Clyde will be ready to play this week.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-28-2004, 09:06 AM
ttt

mainevent33
09-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Clyde's offense has been improving everyweek........... and with the defense that the bulldogs have along with the inabilty of Vernon to pass the ball i see the dogs winning this one at home..... it will be a good chance for them to show everyone that Clyde is a worthy competitor in district 4-3A

renegade*dawg
09-29-2004, 02:45 PM
I will go with the dawgs. It's going to be a tough game for them. But they're getting better every week.
Clyde by 3

SwtwtrMstngs04
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Clyde put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong. Vernon by 14

Johnny Moxen
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Clyde put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong. Vernon by 14

I agree with SwtwtrMstngs04, show me the "iron curtain" defense against Vernon and I'll become the biggest cheerleader Clyde has.

BigAbe79
09-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Moxen, what your deal with the "iron curtain" crap? Do you hate Clyde or do you just like to be an idiot. Quit with the crap and shutup with sayin that.

J-Kwon
09-30-2004, 10:37 PM
no kidding....that's getting real old. Anyways....i predict Clyde wins this one 13-7. You have to break to the secondary for the speed to matter. If you can contain Vernon and not give up the big play and make them drive, it sounds like you can win the game.

wildstangs
09-30-2004, 10:39 PM
The sports reporter on KTXS predicts Clyde to win this one by three.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-01-2004, 12:51 AM
According to the Vernon Daily Record:

Vernon is so short on players that the Lions moved up 5 JV players this week. Vernon has a host of starters that are hurt and lost a couple more to grades. From what the paper stated, both the safeties will be out. Favors (Probably Vernon's best overall player #5) will move to strong safety from corner. He also plays HB. And the QB #15 Schur will play both ways and play free safety. I know Schur played free as a sophmore, although he didn't start and there is a new coaching staff now. Also a JVer will play a LB #36. In the paper the Lions had not even determined who would start at DE, DT, and CB and it may be one of those 5 JV players. I won't know until I see the #'s and I hope they have an updated roster with the new additions.

Players hurt include (Starters):
C Chris Graf
SS Austin Weitner (This guy is a play maker #18)
DT Codie Denton 260 lbs
LB Caul Craighead
FS Dustin Cook

Along with 5 others that didn't start but received playing time.

could be a long night for the Lions, the only thing that makes me think that they have a chance is I can't remember if the Lions have ever in school history lost 4 games in a row. I just can not imagine that happening.