PDA

View Full Version : The Winner: Why Abilene Wylie? Why Decatur?

Bullaholic
09-27-2004, 10:20 AM
In this big game, pick not only the winner...but tell us why they will win. I am picking Decatur because of the following:

QB- Chandler Dane- Accurate,Solid performer in big games with big numbers.
RB- Godbolt- Excellent speed and cut-back ability.
O-Line- Big and Strong
Defense- Good athletic ability in all the positions.
WR- B.Christian- Good speed, great route runner, proven veteran performer.
Intangible- Decatur's non-district schedule has been one of the toughest, and they have won consistently against good teams for the past 2 seasons. I think they are "peaking" at the right time to win it all.

Don't know much about Wylie players. However, as a program, Wylie has achieved a reputation for fielding playoff-caliber teams who are not "paper tigers" and have consistenly gone deep into the playoffs.

Johnny Moxen
09-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I am picking Wylie because of the following:

QB - Case Keenum - Big time player that makes big time plays. He's pretty accurate and a solid performer in big games.

RB - Michael Kiger - Good speed with vision, not only a threat as a runner but can catch as well.

O-Line - Big and Strong - probably averages 6ft. plus and 250 plus pounds. Can really protect and won't get man handled. Not just a bunch big fat softies.

D-Line - Very athletic in all positions. This line is just as big as the O-Line. Closes on the ball extremely fast from all positions. Can really create turnovers.

WR - Unsung heroes on the offens. Doesn't get a lot of attention but make the big catches when needed. Also will blocks up the field extremely well, they help turn a 5-7 yard gain into a 10 plus yard because of their blocking.

Intangible - Wylie has played one of the toughest non-district schedules in the state (San Angelo Lakeview 4a, Midland Greenwood 3A, Aledo 4A, Vernon 3A, and graham 3A). We have beaten some of the top teams the last 5 years not to mention that this team made it to the state semi-finals. The Wylie coaching staff on the sidelines (particularly the head coach) gets you two touchdowns in the second half. Biggest plus is that Wylie has appoximatley 67 varsity players on the roster.

kaorder1999
09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
decatur BIG

DOGFAN
09-27-2004, 03:14 PM
I agree with Johnny Moxen. I don't think you can count Wylie out because of their one loss to 4a power Aledo who they fought toe to toe with for 3 quarters before a four turnover meltown in the 4th.

I feel confident that Wylie can dominate the the line of scrimmage
in this game. They have a 325 pounder and a 280 pounder that can move very well for their size and are both exceptionally strong and can play defense as well as offense. I think the 280 pound guy can put up about 435 on the bench press.