PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous 0-5 Team

Bullaholic
09-27-2004, 09:48 AM
I just gotta make this "homer" post after watching the Bridgeport Bulls lose to Kennedale 58-54 Friday. I think the Bull offense has earned the title "dangerous". The Bulls made 31 first downs and Colin Jones ran for 396 yards against the #4 3A team in the state. Now, if the defense comes together a little more....the Bulls will surely be on the right road to be in the hunt to make the playoffs. Our hats are off to a fine Kennedale team who did everything necessary to get the win.

3afan
09-27-2004, 10:41 AM
not to take anything away from the bulls, but kennedale is way ovrerrated at #4 - they may not win their district

Bullaholic
09-27-2004, 11:02 AM
3aFan.....At this point it is hard to tell whether Kennedale's defense had an "off" night or Bridgeport's Offense has continued to make tremendous improvement over week 0, or if indeed, Kennedale is overated. District contests will be the proof for both in the coming 5 weeks.

CHSBaseball07
09-27-2004, 04:49 PM
If anyone is 0-5 they arent doing something right.....even if they are "dangerous"........if they are so "dangerous" shouldnt they be able to pull atleast 1 good game together to get a win.....i mean losing close games usually comes down to making mistakes early in the game.....so i guess thats what they do........just my 2 cents

Bullaholic
09-27-2004, 05:03 PM
CHSBaseball07....Your point is well taken if I was referring to the entire Bull team. I was referring to just the offense at this time as deserving the title "dangerous". Time will tell if the rest of the team becomes "dangerous", or not. Right now they're young and trying to find out how to win...and soon they will put a whole game together on both sides of the ball.

CHSBaseball07
09-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Sorry about that......i sometimes skim through all these replies and dont read the important parts...lol........

garageoffice
09-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Bullaholic...You're points are all good. However, I'd just say that the real story of the game turned out to be the inability of your young receivers to stay "on-side". They kept getting jumpy and moving before the snap. That killed at least two drives that I saw.

Kennedale and Bridgeport both have potent offenses. Both defenses had trouble containing the other team. I think you guys might have pulled it out if not for the false starts.

Bullaholic
09-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Garageoffice.... The offside penalties did really hurt the Bulls, but the missed tackles at the point of attack by the defense is what has really hurt us all season, which has resulted in consistent good rushing gains and long kickoff returns by the opposition. The boys are really trying and continuing to improve...I just hope it is in time. Kennedale has a fine team with a lot of speed, and they will beat many teams.

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Man, I wish I would have read this earlier... good Posts...

And yes... those False start penalties killed two drives...

westTXbest
09-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Well i know Greenwood isnt 0-5 but we r 0-4 but i think we r a dangerous team, if we would get the right plays called.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-29-2004, 05:38 AM
bullaholic is right, the bridgeport offense is dangerous. IMO they need to focus on more watching the ball, not listening to the snap count. but i pick them to finish third in 7-3a w/ 3 wins against Little Elm, Castleberry, and Ranchview.