PDA

View Full Version : Marlin's loss was no upset

cunbed10
09-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Connally has a very good team, and my hats goes off to them, but upset., no . The reason I say this is simply because the Cadets excuted their game plan and didn't deviate from it. They were without their starting QB, but they have to good running backs, so the ran the ball down our throats, and made us like it, hopefully the Dog learned from this game, now on to Graham, seems they have loss two games in a row and the Bulldogs are on the menu, well Dogs here we go.

faithfuldog
09-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Yea the Cadets really exposed the the inexperience of this young but confident Dog team. The Dogs have to get back to the basics... good blocking techniques, hit and wrap up vs arm tackling, and most of all keeping the head up even when things seem to be falling apart. The dogs were still in it even after Tanks fumble... playing good D would have held the Cadets to 3 and out and Marlin would have still been in position to score. The defense seemed to let down and noone was willing to make a play. At some point, more leadership has to step up to show this young team what it takes to be the best.... the potential is there it's just gonna take work and adjustments. Hats off to the Cadets William boys at running backs... what a one/ two punch!and their line kept opening big holes for the bullets to shoot.
Go Dawgs!!!! Keep on learning.....

Matthew328
09-27-2004, 02:15 PM
Marlin will have their work cut out for them in Graham

cunbed10
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Marlin will have their work cut out for them in Graham exactly what they need!

CHSBaseball07
09-27-2004, 08:14 PM
I haven't see the Cadets but they looked good against us (Caldwell) in the playoffs last year