Pudlugger
09-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Jason Marshall Jr LB Lindale
Zach Byers So WR Wimberley
Justin Mueller So LB Marion
John Brumby Jr OL Goliad
Albion Stiffler Fr OL La Grange
Michael Perez Sr DT Elgin (was 3a )

Trinity offers student athletes the opportunity to continue their football careers while obtaining one of the best educations in the nation. Trinity has consistantly been ranked #1 Regional University by US News and World Report for the Western Region.
Enrollment: 2700
Average class size: 11
Average SAT scores for all incoming students:1240
NCAA Champions 2003 in Vollyball and Soccer
SCAC Champions 1998-2003 Football

Any player who has the academic credentials and wants to play on a winning football team with a good chance at gaining an NCAA Championship sometime in the next few seasons should seriously consider Trinity. PM me if you have questions.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-26-2004, 08:46 AM
thats fairly impressive...i wonder if i could go there after the army and walk onto the team?

Pudlugger
09-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Sure, anyone who has the grades to be admitted can "walk on". Remember, every player is a walk on because there are no athletic scholarships in DIII. It is very competetive, but most players get some playing time and the JV plays 4 games each season to get the freshman and sophs playing time as well. The starters are returning letterman for the most part but they have one or two freshman on special teams this year.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-26-2004, 09:52 AM
where is this place. and that sounds like a place i would really like to check out, but right now i have prior obligations w/ other "corporations..." that i cant easily get out of. i also think i might have quite a bit to offer this team...im sorta doing personal training to keep up my strength and speed so i can play again.

3afan
09-26-2004, 10:16 AM
San Antonio

http://www.trinity.edu/departments/public_relations/tour/map/route.html

3afan
09-26-2004, 10:22 AM
only problem with Trinity is *** see link below & scroll down
to UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT EXPENSES FOR 2004-2005 :

http://www.trinity.edu/departments/buso/

VWG
09-26-2004, 10:32 AM
No doubt, you had better have some cash piled up if you want to attend Trinity.

big daddy russ
09-26-2004, 01:43 PM
GI Bill, baby!!!

Pudlugger
09-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by VWG
No doubt, you had better have some cash piled up if you want to attend Trinity.

Not so fast. There are tons of grants, scholarships and loans available to students who qualify under FAFSA (based on need). Also, every applicant is considered for merit scholarships. A student in the top of his class with high SATs can expect several thousand dollars on merit scholarships apart from any grants based on FAFSA need criteria. Tuition and board amount to $29,000 which is a good deal considering TCU, SMU and Baylor are all around $37,000. When you figure in the average financial aids package it is not that much more than UT or aTm. Most Trinity students are receiving some form of financial aid.

DaRaiderz
09-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I went to Trinity and played baseball for two years. There's no doubt it is an outstanding school with great facilities when compared to a majority of the other D3 schools. You should plan on spending plenty of money on your education though. They do have a generous private grant program (I was receiving $9,000 a year and I grew up in a pretty middle class home) but you are on average still going to need $15,000 - $20,000 a year. Most of the students there aren't really concerned with the money aspect judging from the number of people I knew there that drove a BMW. After two years, I had just over $17,000 in student loans. I just determined it was too expensive for me and I was ready to give up baseball so I transferred. In 2 1/2 years of state school, I only borrowed another $9,500.

My advice if you are thinking about Trinity would be this. If you are a good student and really enjoy your sport, this is the place for you. They have made the playoffs in every major sport over the last 3-5 years and make athletics a priority unlike many other schools known primarily for their academics. Also be ready for a very intense, competitive classroom experience.

If you plan on being a doctor, lawyer or professor, go here. Trinity is known as a liberal arts school and they will prepare you for these professions as well as any Ivy league school. If you plan on teaching or pursuing a business degree (my major), go somewhere else. You're just wasting your money. Too many guys I played ball with majored in education and are coaching. They have a $100,000 degree and are making a coach's salary. Thats bad math.

Id be happy to share any other details of my "Trinity Experience" with anyone possibly interested in going there if you PM me. Like any school, it has its pluses and minuses.

Pudlugger
09-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
I went to Trinity and played baseball for two years. There's no doubt it is an outstanding school with great facilities when compared to a majority of the other D3 schools. You should plan on spending plenty of money on your education though. They do have a generous private grant program (I was receiving $9,000 a year and I grew up in a pretty middle class home) but you are on average still going to need $15,000 - $20,000 a year. Most of the students there aren't really concerned with the money aspect judging from the number of people I knew there that drove a BMW. After two years, I had just over $17,000 in student loans. I just determined it was too expensive for me and I was ready to give up baseball so I transferred. In 2 1/2 years of state school, I only borrowed another $9,500.

My advice if you are thinking about Trinity would be this. If you are a good student and really enjoy your sport, this is the place for you. They have made the playoffs in every major sport over the last 3-5 years and make athletics a priority unlike many other schools known primarily for their academics. Also be ready for a very intense, competitive classroom experience.

If you plan on being a doctor, lawyer or professor, go here. Trinity is known as a liberal arts school and they will prepare you for these professions as well as any Ivy league school. If you plan on teaching or pursuing a business degree (my major), go somewhere else. You're just wasting your money. Too many guys I played ball with majored in education and are coaching. They have a $100,000 degree and are making a coach's salary. Thats bad math.

Id be happy to share any other details of my "Trinity Experience" with anyone possibly interested in going there if you PM me. Like any school, it has its pluses and minuses.

It is true that Trinity is expensive and you probably will incur more student loans there than in a state school, but you know what they say. You get what you pay for. I went through the public schools and graduated from a state university and I would have loved the opportunity to study at a school like Trinity. There is so much more to a college education than preparing for a job or career. The level of academic discourse and involvement of students and professors is, as you imply, equal to that of an Ivy League school. The student community is really ideal too. They have a 5 year program for education majors which leads to a BA in your subject area, a state credential and a Masters in Education. The grants and scholarships for this 5th year almost cover the entire cost. If you want to coach, they offer internships in this 5th year coaching in their program. When you complete it you are in an excellent position for a plum position coaching in a big school setting. As for business, the Trinity allumni are very tight nit and networking opportunities abound. MBA programs accept Trinity students at a very high rate. At a recruiting weekend for parents and prospective players we met several Trinity alums who played ball. One was coaching and teaching in a SA high school as well as being the line coach at Trinity. A couple of guys worked in good mid level positions for large businesses in San Antonio right out of school. Another was working as an investment advisor, etc. When you look at the price of a good SUV or truck nowadays it puts the cost of a first rate education in perspective. Good luck to you and thanks for your imput. It is always good to here things from a student's perspective.