PDA

View Full Version : Clyde 40, Coahoma 6

sirhc11
09-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Clyde's defense has held another team under 100 yards, and under 50 yards rushing. Clyde's offense didn't look to bad either. The sophomore McCravey had 3 TD's. Agnew threw for 3 TD's and ran for 2. The real test will be next week when Clyde faces of against Vernon. If Clyde beats Vernon then I think we will see them coming into district pretty strong. I am looking forward to it.

Keith7
09-25-2004, 10:45 PM
isnt Coahoma 1A?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Clyde should give Vernon a good game. Vernon's offense is terrible which would play into the hands of the Clyde defense. Vernon's D won them two games so it may be a bit of a defensive struggle.

This Vernon team is no where near what they had last year.

Stangster
09-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Looks like the "Iron Curtain" descended on another 2A.

VERNONLION#1
09-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by sirhc11
Clyde's defense has held another team under 100 yards, and under 50 yards rushing. Clyde's offense didn't look to bad either. The sophomore McCravey had 3 TD's. Agnew threw for 3 TD's and ran for 2. The real test will be next week when Clyde faces of against Vernon. If Clyde beats Vernon then I think we will see them coming into district pretty strong. I am looking forward to it.

Any posters know about the facilities at Clyde? Also, would it be closer to go 283 to Baird then to Clyde or Abilene to Clyde. Thanks

DOGFAN
09-26-2004, 01:12 PM
I think Vernon will win by 21. They probably aren't as good as last year but they still have some great athletes.

DOGFAN
09-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Any posters know about the facilities at Clyde? Also, would it be closer to go 283 to Baird then to Clyde or Abilene to Clyde. Thanks

I think it would be faster to go to Abilene and then to Clyde. Clyde has a very small stadium so leave early if you want a good seat.

BigAbe79
09-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Clyde got off to a bad start and let coahoma score. After the first quarter coahoma could not stop Clyde's offense and could not make any yards on Clyde's D.

Adidas410s
09-26-2004, 02:02 PM

Consider this...when Wylie plays at Clyde their band takes up more than half of the visitors stands.

sirhc11
09-26-2004, 06:35 PM
It probably would be better to go through Abilene and then on to Clyde. Clyde's stadium isn't too small, but it is smaller than Wylie's and school's like that. It just seems small to Wylie because they have like 970-something enrolled in their high school. You should arrive about 6:45 and still be alright.

Johnny Moxen
09-27-2004, 09:30 AM
I predict that Vernon will win by 17. The "Dooms Day Defense" will definitely be put to the test. It's real easy to have a "Steel Curtain" when your playing against the 1A and 2A teams. Too bad I'll be traveling to watch Wylie and Decatur because I would really love to watch this game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Wylie's band was HUGE!!!!!!!!

I'll be at the Clyde/Vernon game. Then, I'm spending the night to see the ACU/Southeastern OSU game on Saturday. Z motion Jr. plays for the Savages!

pero chato
09-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
It probably would be better to go through Abilene and then on to Clyde. Clyde's stadium isn't too small, but it is smaller than Wylie's and school's like that. It just seems small to Wylie because they have like 970-something enrolled in their high school. You should arrive about 6:45 and still be alright.

Wylie has about 900 enrolled in their high school. Yes the Clyde stadium is too small and the parking is terrible by anyone's standards. We were hoping ya'll would build a new stadium along with the new high school, which is very nice by the way.

BigAbe79
09-27-2004, 07:09 PM
There will be a new stadium in a few years. It will prolly be real nice to. They are talkin about it.

renegade*dawg
09-29-2004, 03:04 PM
A new Stadium is in the works. Still hard to believe they didn't budget it in somewhere with the new school.

pero chato
09-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by renegade*dawg
A new Stadium is in the works. Still hard to believe they didn't budget it in somewhere with the new school.

That's good to hear. I know there is plenty of room out there south of Clyde or even near the interstate. Is there a location picked out yet?

renegade*dawg
09-29-2004, 04:24 PM
The location of the new High School has plenty of land with it. Have you been to the new facilities? Being that close to the interstate makes it a good location for future play off games. Our gym is very nice also. And they have just got the baseball and softball complex looking good. Just takes a little time and money I guess.

One more thing... the parking still stinks. Hopefully they will re-think the situation when (and if) the stadium is built.

pero chato
09-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I haven't been through the new facilities but it sure looks nice from the outside. It really boosts the students morale and pride when a community invests in new facilities. Sounds like the stadium is all that is left to build. Is your new gym as nice as Merkel's? From what I've seen, they have one of the best in West Texas. Merkel and Snyder's baseball fields are two of the best also.

VERNONLION#1
09-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by renegade*dawg
Can you tell me how to get to the Stadium. Also, are there any decent places to eat at in Clyde. Never been there. Thanks for the info.

Ranger Mom
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Can you tell me how to get to the Stadium. Also, are there any decent places to eat at in Clyde. Never been there. Thanks for the info.

I left my favorite pair of sunglasses in the bathroom of Clyde's Dairy Queen!:(

BigAbe79
09-30-2004, 10:59 AM
We just got new parking for the fields. West of the softball feild. There pretty nice, paved and marked.

pero chato
09-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BigAbe79
We just got new parking for the fields. West of the softball feild. There pretty nice, paved and marked.

That's good to hear. Good luck against Vernon tomorrow. I picked Vernon to win, but that doesn't really mean anything. Feel free to prove me wrong! They'll be a good test for your defense, with their breakaway speed.

Black & Gold
09-30-2004, 02:38 PM
I am from Snyder and was just wondering if Clyde is the real deal or what? I guess I will find out in about a week or so, but I have heard some good things. I don't know what ya'lls schedule looks like but word here in Snyder is that you guys haven't played against any good teams. I don't mean it as a shot at ya'll.....just wondering.