PDA

View Full Version : SEALY 16 - NAVASOTA 13

Tiger Turtle
10-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Trailing 13 - 6 with a minute to go in the second quarter, Sealy scored 10 points to take a 16 - 13 lead on a Matt Zapalac run and, following a Rattler fumble and offside penalty, Justin Brantley kicked a 27 yard FG to account for the final points of the game. The second half was mostly a defensive struggle, as the Tigers drove to the 6-inch line with 54 seconds to go in the game. Navasota managed two completed passes for first downs before time ran out.

BrahmaMom
10-24-2003, 11:00 PM
how bout that brandtly kid! wish i coulda been there.

Pudlugger
10-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Congratulations TT and Sealy. I thought you could do it and you did. Tough night for LG, really gave away the game tonight. Oh well. Good luck Tigers. Maybe we'll meet again in a few weeks.

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Tiger Turtle
10-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Thanks, Pud. Tough luck against Giddings. You missed a great game in Sealy tonight. Tigers played great on both sides of the ball. Mostly contained Chris Smith, although he had a few nice runs where he showed great strength and balance. Sealy O controlled the ball and ran the clock when they needed to. Every phase of both teams' game was tested tonight. An epic struggle on both sides.

punt
10-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Congrats to the Tigers. Sounds like it was a great game to watch. Good luck next week. How many yards did Andrus have?

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Exiting game indeed! Both teams put up a good fight. Andrus had some nice runs as did Chris Smith. Brantly had a beautiful 58 yard punt. The kid has a leg.

fullhouse
10-25-2003, 01:12 AM
The boys were really pumped up for this one ~ like I haven't seen all year. We owe all that to the Navasota players. They were kind enough to all come kicking and chasing a punt right into the middle of our pregame warmup ~ the entire team then huddled together for a couple of minutes while our boys just stopped and watched. Then our Tigers let their play do the talking ~ it couldn't have been any sweeter. They all agreed that it was what made the difference ~ priceless. I'm so proud of my boys ~ they demonstrated poise and class ~ and I think both teams escaped injury tonight.... a good night in the jungle indeed. Keep it up Tigers!

<small>[ October 25, 2003, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: fullhouse ]</small>

BrahmaMom
10-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear there were no injuries, fullhouse. Congrats to the Tigers on what sounds like quite a display of restraint and, yes I'll say it, class. Looking forward to meeting up for a friendly game of football.

fullhouse
10-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks BrahmaMom ~ yep, looking forward to the trip to the Pasture too.... Just hope we can give your starters a little more playing time than they've had lately :D . That Columbus/Navasota game is going to be something, huh?

Bellville22
10-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Made it to this game at half time, after spending the first half in Bellville, so I missed all the scoring. Got the full run down then, and watched all of the second half. This game went pretty much how I expected. I didn't have the score right, but I did have Sealy by 3 (how bout it 'tigers are back'). Watching the game, I thought Sealy was just the better team. They seemed to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Smith got loose occasionally, but for the most part, they contained him well. And I thought the push of the Tiger line was tremendous. Emeal is very talented, and had tremendous blocking last night, and finished off his runs very well, as he usually does. Hats off to Navasota, though, as they put up a fight 'til the very end. I thought they just ran up against a better Sealy team, who did a remarkable job of controlling the clock.

This makes for a very enteresting showdown in the final week in Bellville. The two Austin Co. teams will most likely come in undefeated, and play for the District 23 marbles, should be a great game. As for the Rattlers, they must take care of business against Columbus, a team that will give them all they want, or they'll find their season come to an end much earlier than they'd hoped.

Brahma73
10-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Nice game, striped cats! Looks like you won't let that coin toss get you this year. See ya in 2 weeks.

BrahmaMom
10-25-2003, 03:46 PM
The Chronicle did a great job summing the game up for me. Way to go, Tigers. Brantly had an awesome game.

bd62
10-25-2003, 05:46 PM
congrs. sealy. its allways nice when the other team does something to motivate the kids.

the tigers are back
10-25-2003, 06:07 PM
I do beleive that the tigers really wanted this game as much as the rattlers did.We will not let what happened last year happen again 19-0.I so glad that we won and that sets up the momentum for columbus next week.I remember that game just like yesterday we came out very explosive and i think Andrus was the only rb to put up stats like that on columbus tuff defenslast year.E. Andrus had 37/228/3tds last year on the cardinals,but without a line like the tigers have this year it wouldn't be possible.Andrus had 35/150/0tds last night against the rattlers,but with a bad calling by the ref. he was not able to score last night.I beleive that puts him over the 1,000 yds. this year.I beleive that missing those two games shortned him in his freshmen year with in the area of 989,but missing 2 games really kept him short that year.I beleive he should be over the 5,000 yds in his career as a sealy tiger player,but thanks to Mr. Mark F. who saw something in Emeal when he was in jr. high. wink