PDA

View Full Version : Who has seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre?!?!

keep_it_real
10-21-2003, 08:35 PM
MAn that movie is crazy! I saw the original a few times the plot is the same , the characters are a little different! ADVICE if you want to go see it, dont sit next to a speaker, get in the middle its TOO loud and the chainsaw just dont stop.......This movie is a thriller and horror mixed together.

Buckeye80
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Saw it on Saturday! One Hell of a remake! Plus, Jessica Biel....OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! How 'bout that dude on the hooks Man. That just hurt to watch.

BrainDamage
10-21-2003, 08:47 PM
I wanna try to go see it his weekend... I heard it was sweet though. I never saw the first one and dont know the story either so i'll be a newbie to it all.

wildstangs
10-21-2003, 09:02 PM
We went and saw it Saturday night. The movie theater had completely changed its format to accomodate for all the fans. It was an awesome movie. Gonna try to see it again before it leaves.

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 09:22 PM
It was a good show. I liked this one better than the original, i guess just because its new and has better effects.

MARLINFAN
10-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I saw it sunday. I would say its the best movie ive seen this year. The end was sort of creepy. at the very end when the police car is leaving and leatherface jumps out across the car the movie audience did the wave. it will make u jump.

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 09:29 PM
it was a very suspenseful movie. I recomend that you watch it in the theatre, it will be 10x scarrier than if you wait until it comes out on DVD. I was jumping just about the whole movie from all the sudden strikes and loud sounds.

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Haven't seen it yet (hadn't had the time), but I have a question, a friend who is into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre researched it... how factual is it? I heard it stuck really close to the actual events. Any insite?

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 09:39 PM
I read into the where the director got the movie from. He based it on a couple things,a serial killer from Wisconsin named Ed Gein, and a chaisaw murderer from Tx (Dunno his name). The guy Ed never killed anyone with a chainsaw but he did wear the skin of the women he had killed on his face and body. The movie PSYCHO and Buffalo Bill (from Silence of the Lambs)were also based on this guy Ed. He has a really weird story but its interesting. If you go to www.crimelibrary.com (http://www.crimelibrary.com) and look up his story it will shock you, it did me. If anyone else had a different story please post it, what I wrote above is just somethings i read and could easily be wrong.

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
hey thanks! I found it really interesting.

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 09:47 PM
the article is pretty freaky huh?

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Tell me about it.

I'm not too sure if I'm gonna go see it. I stayed home and watched the movie Wrong Turn and I ws scared to walk outside of my house. (I highly recommend this movie)

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Wrong Turn was a pretty creepy movie too. But i would say that Texas Chainsaw Massacre freaked me out more because it is based on actual events. I can't imagine someone actualy doing that stuff.

cant stop me
10-21-2003, 10:04 PM
yea unfortuantly it reminds us of what kind of world we live in

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm a scardie cat so I don't know if I'll see. If Wrong Turn freaked me out I'm not too sure what Texas Chainsaw Massacre will do.

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
lol, the movie will probably scare you but you dont wanna miss out on it. It will be worth a lil scare.

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 10:18 PM
I will probally try and go this weekend. Hopefuly I can go without screaming.

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 10:23 PM
You might be able to go without screaming, but i gaurantee you will jump outta your seat a few times. A friend of mine was setting next to me and he never jumps at anything and he hardly ever get scared, but in certain parts of the movie when all the sudden leatherface pops up, me and him came up with him. lol

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 10:26 PM
LOL thats great. I will probally go with a bunch of friends and then end up hiding my head every time leatherface pops up. LOL

keep_it_real
10-21-2003, 10:33 PM
I recomend you watch the original as well as the remake, its very similar but there are a couple of aded parts and changes in characters. I can't eimagine what those ppl went through filing that, the chainsaw drove me crazy

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will go. The first ones didn't bother me, but from things that I've heard those were nothing compared to the new one.

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 10:44 PM
well the sudden loud shrieks and quick appearances of leatherface is what was scary to me. Watching it in the movie theatre will be a way better experience than it would be watching it at home.

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Okay I'm gonna do I'm gonna try and go Saturday. You convinced me!!

the-O-fence
10-21-2003, 10:47 PM
you should enjoy it

fb_gurl
10-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks!! I'll let you know how it goes!!!

PPHSfan
10-21-2003, 11:12 PM
I saw the Original back in the 70's at the Drive Inn. Trust me....going to the Drive Inn in the Summer and listening thru a little speaker hanging on your window is STILL the best way to see a movie like that. :D

laserbeam
10-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Great remake, but real gruesome! Yeesh.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 01:01 AM
I wish it was a true story...when i heard it wasn't it kind of ruined it.

cunbed10
10-22-2003, 10:01 AM
reptard7isCRAZY:
I wish it was a true story...when i heard it wasn't it kind of ruined it.I heard that this actually took place off of Mcneil Rd eXit off of I-35, and just the other day I saw this exit and I got a wierd feeling.

pero chato
10-22-2003, 10:38 AM
From the articles I've read, the movie is based on the 1950's Wisconsin mass murderer Ed Gein, although he did not use a chainsaw to murder his victims. The director got the idea of a chainsaw murderer just by chance one day in a shopping mall. The original film was shot in the Austin area, as was the latest remake, and several of the sequels. I guess the name "The Wisconsin Chainsaw Massacre" didn't quite sound right. So good ole Texas is stuck with another myth and urban legend.

CatWoman
10-22-2003, 12:19 PM
PPHSfan:
I saw the Original back in the 70's at the Drive Inn. Trust me....going to the Drive Inn in the Summer and listening thru a little speaker hanging on your window is STILL the best way to see a movie like that. :D Man, we speak the same language. I still remember how scared I was after seeing the original. I saw it with a group at the drive-in. We sat in the back of a pickup. Kids today don't know what their missing, right!!?

Ray_BearKat
10-22-2003, 12:40 PM
CatWoman:

PPHSfan:
I saw the Original back in the 70's at the Drive Inn. Trust me....going to the Drive Inn in the Summer and listening thru a little speaker hanging on your window is STILL the best way to see a movie like that. :D Man, we speak the same language. I still remember how scared I was after seeing the original. I saw it with a group at the drive-in. We sat in the back of a pickup. Kids today don't know what their missing, right!!?Yall but kids today aren't gonna go to a drive in a sit and watch a movie in the back of a truck, they got other things in mind...My school is gonna have a drive in next week for homecoming should be kind of cool. I think now they have it set on a certain raido station and you just tune in.

CatWoman
10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Ray_BearKat:

CatWoman:

PPHSfan:
I saw the Original back in the 70's at the Drive Inn. Trust me....going to the Drive Inn in the Summer and listening thru a little speaker hanging on your window is STILL the best way to see a movie like that. :D Man, we speak the same language. I still remember how scared I was after seeing the original. I saw it with a group at the drive-in. We sat in the back of a pickup. Kids today don't know what their missing, right!!?Yall but kids today aren't gonna go to a drive in a sit and watch a movie in the back of a truck, they got other things in mind...My school is gonna have a drive in next week for homecoming should be kind of cool. I think now they have it set on a certain raido station and you just tune in.I understand, they're missing the movie!!! Our little town doesn't have a movie theater at all. The kids have to drive 36 miles to San Angelo to go to the movies. Unfortunately, a lot of them do find "other" things to do.

Ray_BearKat
10-22-2003, 01:58 PM
CatWoman:

Ray_BearKat:

CatWoman:

PPHSfan:
I saw the Original back in the 70's at the Drive Inn. Trust me....going to the Drive Inn in the Summer and listening thru a little speaker hanging on your window is STILL the best way to see a movie like that. :D Man, we speak the same language. I still remember how scared I was after seeing the original. I saw it with a group at the drive-in. We sat in the back of a pickup. Kids today don't know what their missing, right!!?Yall but kids today aren't gonna go to a drive in a sit and watch a movie in the back of a truck, they got other things in mind...My school is gonna have a drive in next week for homecoming should be kind of cool. I think now they have it set on a certain raido station and you just tune in.I understand, they're missing the movie!!! Our little town doesn't have a movie theater at all. The kids have to drive 36 miles to San Angelo to go to the movies. Unfortunately, a lot of them do find "other" things to do.LOL!!! :D

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 02:01 PM
The Ed guy it is based on is the "Buffalo Bill" off of Joe Dirt. Pretty sure anyway because i know Ed's nickname was Buffalo Bill.

St. Ivender
10-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Am I the only person who thinks the original was crap and WAY over-hyped? It is true that drive-inns were better. We used to drive to Jasper from Newton to see the movies. TCM would have been horrible in ANY venue though.

the-O-fence
10-23-2003, 05:00 PM
reptard7isCRAZY:
The Ed guy it is based on is the "Buffalo Bill" off of Joe Dirt. Pretty sure anyway because i know Ed's nickname was Buffalo Bill.If you've ever seen Silence of the Lambs thats where Buffalo Bill came from, it was based on that Ed guy, the movie Psycho was also based on him. I already posted that earlier but oh well.

BIGRED001
10-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Since this movie was based on real events, does anyone know what really happened to all those crazies that did these terrible things? Surely since it was done in Texas they hooked up "old sparky" and lit the fuse. However, I am just curious if anyone has ever heard what they ever really did to these people.

whtfbplaya
10-23-2003, 10:30 PM
If you like this movie you should see the ring also.

Mandy
10-23-2003, 11:14 PM
i've been to the original house. Bear and Breakfast its called these days. (the original house they used in the first movie mind you)

the-O-fence
10-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Mandy:
i've been to the original house. Bear and Breakfast its called these days. (the original house they used in the first movie mind you)Where is it at? I would like to see it someday.