PDA

View Full Version : pi 56 falffurias 8

Ibleedblue
09-25-2004, 11:10 AM
last night the port isabel tarpons trampled the fallfurias jerseys 56-8. This game was out of hand. pi didn't hesitate to score. right afterthe jerseys punted the ball after their firt possesion of the game port isabel wasted only 1 1/2 minutes beore they took it in for 6. at the end of the first quarter tarpons were up 21-0. just aout every possesion in the first half led to a td for the tarpons. at the half tarpons were up 35-0. coming in to the third quarter tarpons reiceved the kickoff and had good feild possesion. this would lead to another td. tarpons put in the 2nd team jut before mid way in the third. but this scoring frenzy wasn't over yet when cb chino lopez picked off fall. and took it in 24 yards to put the tarpons up 56-0. orando ochoa had 4 td's, johnny nieto had 1,frankie herrera had 1,enrique garza had 1 and chino lopez had one.this coming week pi travels to hidalgo pirates feild and hope to come away with another win.what are youre predictions for this up coming game?

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Way to run up the score, but I guess a win is a win. ;) (Yep, that's for you UTFootball#1.)

UTFootBall#1
09-25-2004, 11:44 AM
HAHA good one..but at LEAST johnny Nieto wasnt in at about 40 sum points...UNLIKE escamilla who u said scored yalls last point by "accident" when yall had like 60 sum points..haha

District303aPastPlayer
09-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Way to run up the score, but I guess a win is a win. ;) (Yep, that's for you UTFootball#1.)

i see what you are sayin, but you cant coach a kid not to score ;) :)

UTFootBall#1
09-25-2004, 11:54 AM
true true which is why Escamilla's score was not an "accident"..lol..peace

GoDeep
09-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I know that distance is a huge issue, but you'd think that PI could get far enough outta the valley to play at least one decent team before district starts. On the Valley message boards all you hear is about how they dont get the respect they deserve. Well, 56 points on Falfurrias isnt the way to get it.

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-25-2004, 03:17 PM
I still say PI should come and play Zapata. That'd be an intersting game.

UTFootBall#1
09-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Where do people from PI say they do not get respect?....go to the rgvsports and quote it and if u find it i will admit i was wrong but i HIGHLY doubt you will find a post where someone from PI says that they are no respected...if making the semi-finals last year doesnt get respect then oh well....PI does their talking on the field....now maybe if you would have said that last year ppl from PI said that during playoffs then yea i would agree with you because in every playoff game after the first game PI was predicted to lose .....but we made semi-finals so there goes that.......and what are you talkin about PI not playing any teams out of the valley....?...we played fal every year....and we played La vernia last year......we played a 5A team and a couple of 4A teams.....poor dude.....yea and 75 points is soo much better huh?...lol.....

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Yep - that was my point. He understood what I meant. :D

PI-fan
09-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by GoDeep
I know that distance is a huge issue, but you'd think that PI could get far enough outta the valley to play at least one decent team before district starts. On the Valley message boards all you hear is about how they dont get the respect they deserve. Well, 56 points on Falfurrias isnt the way to get it.

Yeah i wanna see some of those quotes at the valley boards... lol not even close.

How does PI playing Fal and winning big not get the respect, but lets say LH winning big over a 2A and what private school?without JRs/SRs does?
I don't remember the last time PI has played a lower classification! plus only one pre-district opponnet is a 3A this yr.

For the record Fal in 2000 and 2001 went (11-1) (10-2) not to mention they beat PI last yr, PI i had a 2yr commitment so u can't fault PI for predicting how Fal was gonna shape up this yr. :rolleyes:

footballgal
09-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
I still say PI should come and play Zapata. That'd be an intersting game.

Be careful for what you wish for, that might happen in bi-district if PI ends up in Div. I.

I am trying to remember if PI has ever played Zapata??? I do remember they played in Zapata, when they used their facilities back in 1994, when they played Carrizo Springs and won in Bi- District.

BTW, who ever mentioned of running up the score. PI starter's only played just a little over 2 1/2 quarters. Our best running back Johnny "Nitro" Nieto, only played til mid 2 qtr., when came out with a injury, but all the other games thus far he has played avg. 2 1/2 quarters. Same thing happened last year he didn't really get his 200 or so yards until the playoffs when he played more than the avg 2 1/2 quarters.

footballgal
09-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Very true, but you can take him out and let other players get some playing time.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1
true true which is why Escamilla's score was not an "accident"..lol..peace

"Unintentional" would have been a better word than accident. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Wow, this almost turned into a "bash Liberty Hill" thread. I am apologizing to any PI fan ticked off about my comment to UTFootBall#1 - it was directed at him only, he knew exactly what I was talking about and we've made our peace. It was in no way directed at the Port Isabel program or the score.

For anyone not in the immediate Austin area, here is the scoop on Vista Ridge. It is the 3rd high school in Leander I.S.D. and is in an area of rapidly growing new development. This is the 2nd year they have been open and will not be in a district until the 2006 season. Last year, their team played JV schedule, as that was all they could get. As you know, football schedules are set every 2 years, 2004 being the year. Their school had 2 options for 2004 & 2005 schedules - play JV schedules for another 2 years, then have Jr's & Sr's with no Varsity playing experience, going into 4A district play OR play 3A varsity teams.

The second half of our game was played almost solely by our JV players. Any of you who have seen us in non-playoff games, know that our Varsity does not have a 3rd string; we do not even have enough players to have 2nd string at every position - we have backups that play 1 position mainly and backup at another. The only Varsity player that I know of that played his normal position the 2nd half was our punter. There were 3 or 4 varsity players that played a handful of plays, but not in their normal positions.

Sorry, I'm off my soapbox now.