PDA

View Full Version : An outsiders thoughts on Jasper vs BC

WOS1
09-25-2004, 11:03 AM
After the WO-S game got cancelled I hurried on over to the BC - Jasper game and caught the entire second half. After watching the game, I realize that Jasper is as good as advertised. No offense to BC, but I don't think that BC could play good enough to beat them. It's the second time I've seen them this year and they were just as good the second time and they aren't even playing with their starting QB. I can't believe they lost to PNG.

As for BC, I think they have potential, a few times in the second half they showed what they could do with their running game. Both RB's have decent size and quickness and they run extremely hard. Their line will also get after you. The biggest problem I saw for BC other than the fact that they need to work on their tackling is, what I consider a coaching blunder. The BC offense runs in a different gear when the Dishon kid is at QB. When 11 goes in there, the offense immediately begins to sputter. I never have been a fan of the "QB by committee" philosophy because offense is all about rhythm, and you can't get in one when the beat changes every 6 plays or so. Sure, it's OK against lesser competition, but when the going gets tough, you must have a go to guy and that guy CAN'T be switched every 5 or 6 plays. IMHO, Dishon gives BC the best chance to win.

Good luck Card and Dawgs!!!

j_dog
09-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
..... I can't believe they lost to PNG.

...Good luck Card and Dawgs!!!
Sometimes depth trumps ability. And PNG has the depth of a big 4a team with nobody going both ways on the lines. Jasper simply didn't put up enough points to get PNG out of their game plan to wear Jasper down. And it worked for PNG. :( But Jasper is working on developing their depth. They should be ready for the playoffs. :) And they had better be ready. Some of the playoff teams may have depth (and speed) like PNG.