PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park now 5-0

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Look out for this team. I ended up going to watch them play tonight and they man handled class 4A Wichita Falls High. They brought a balanced offensive attack as well as a very stingy defense. This team is very speedy. They spread the ball around and the QB played great.

17 first downs to 4. Old High earned 1 first down in the first half with 53 seonds left in the half. The Hawk O-line played great and dominated the Coyote defense.

This team looked very good! Great win over a much larger 4A school.

25-12 has to be noticed.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-25-2004, 03:53 AM
yea, that ought to get them some respect in there standings. ive said it before and ill say it again, the traditional powerhouses are gone and newones have to step up and grab the proverbial bull by the horns.

Chief Woodman
09-25-2004, 10:43 AM
They have had my respect all year. They beat Decatur in the first scrimmage this year.

Ktulu345
09-26-2004, 11:05 AM
This thread made my day. Thanks.

VWG
09-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Iowa Park has always been a legit playoff team. For the past few years they've been under the radar because they go into the playoffs make a two game run and then they're done.
That doesn't mean that they aren't a good team though.
The Hawks have a great offensive unit this year, and I like the way they mix things up. Run and pass.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Iowa Park has always been a legit playoff team. For the past few years they've been under the radar because they go into the playoffs make a two game run and then they're done.
That doesn't mean that they aren't a good team though.
The Hawks have a great offensive unit this year, and I like the way they mix things up. Run and pass.

Iowa Park looked great. Yes they have a very good mix of pass and run and I noticed that they fooled me three or four times on the misdirection. I was also watching the game through binoculars so I was right there. They did a really good job with it. I liked the play calling too. The defense looked good also. maybe not the vaulted steel curtain like that of Clyde but they did look good.

One note, Old High's offense is terrible. So one must take that into account.

Iowa Park is the best 3A team I have seen play so far this year. Now I haven't traveled that much so for what it is worth I don't know yet.

Gobbla2001
09-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Well coached ball-club... good special teams, good QB...

But I've seen 3 teams that could beat 'em, two that would go either way with them and one they'd beat...

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well coached ball-club... good special teams, good QB...

But I've seen 3 teams that could beat 'em, two that would go either way with them and one they'd beat...

What teams do you think they are on par with?

Gobbla2001
09-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I've seen these teams play this year:

Cuero
Corpus Christi West Oso
La Grange
Wharton
Sealy
Sinton
Iowa Park
Wimberly
Brownwood
Abilene High

Of course they're on par with Wimberly (they beat 'em)...

they'd kill West Oso
Would have a close one against La Grange...
Close one against Sealy, but I'd give the Hawks the advantage (though they're not deep things would fall in the right place in the second half for them)
Wharton? I think they can compete in a barn-burner with Wharton...
Sinton, close at first, ugly at the end...
Cuero, not gunna say...
Brownwood, I dunno, Brownwood is iffy iffy, they'd prolly win if they were able to get back all of their injured players...
Abilene High, every team on this list and on this board would lose bad to AHS
:D