PDA

View Full Version : Wharton 49- Hempstead 32

BU97
09-24-2004, 11:18 PM
We were hot and cold all night, we'd play bad for a while, then we'd play good for a while. We just never had enough consistency. Hempstead played well. But a win is a win.

RiverRatDad
09-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow. I was coming in from Austin listening to the Columbus game and they gave a 35-32 Wharton score with 5 minutes left. Wharton must have finally put it in gear.

Goldenstick
09-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Like I said, Hempstead is really not that bad

scrub c
09-25-2004, 08:46 AM
hum,......

what about all the posters who said
(i need to find the thread and link it here but i dont have time)..
Hempstead is just plain bad.....

I think a lot of people were wondering why West Columbia beat them only 25-0.....
Hempstead got some cats playing for them and like our coaches said, they are getting better each week.

all in all a W is a W, wish we would have got one.......:(

Goldenstick
09-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Too bad Hempstead plays in such a tough district.
Looking at their schedule they have played some pretty tough teams so far

Brookshire-Royal (undefeated and crushing everyone)
West Columbia (4-1)
Wharton (Played #1AP team in the state within 1 point)

punt
09-25-2004, 09:55 AM
That was a Bellville poster that said that Hempstead is a bad team. They played last night without the starting tailback and a starting receiver. They held WC to 6-0 till late in the game and the last 2 td's last night were scored with under 5 minutes remaining. Sounded like the guys playing both ways, which is most of them, just wore down. They could give someone a scare in district. They play at Sealy Oct. 8. They have plenty of speed and a good receiver in the Toliver kid. Both lines have to get stronger. Gertman had over 100 yds rushing last night.

BU97
09-25-2004, 11:09 AM
You are right they are alot better than they get credit for. There weren't any Wharton people saying that they were terrible, because they have the potential to be good.

LogieJoeBean001
09-27-2004, 06:07 AM
Congratulations guys on the win! Wish I could have been there. I heard bits and pieces about the game. My heart was with ya though. Sounds like some fine tuning is in order though, from some of the stats I heard about the game. You guys can do it. It sounds like Hempstead might have been underrated. Go out and play tough, Tigers! I won't be able to travel to Austin this week either, so get tough and play hard, Tigers! I'm behind you all the way. Thanks for the win, what a wonderful Homecoming present!

bc 76
09-27-2004, 10:35 AM
The defense has to get better.I can see given up those kind of points to Cuero,but not to Hempstead. If i was the dc i would look at running another type of defense,this Wharton team has too much talent to be giving up those kind of numbers.I hate to sound so negative but the defense has to get better,Wharton has the talent for a long playoff run but they have to make some kind of change on defense.My hats off to the Wharton oc Wharton offense is awsome.