PDA

View Full Version : kennedale 58- bridgeport 54 final

catdad
09-24-2004, 11:11 PM
what a game.

BullsFan
09-24-2004, 11:31 PM
No. Way.

ETA: I'm not doubting you, catdad. That just...er...wasn't the score I was expecting.

catdad
09-25-2004, 12:07 AM
that's the score. lot's of offense.

BullsFan
09-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Lots and lots of offense. Which seems to be a pattern with us lately. Too bad our "lots and lots of offense" seems to translate into "not *quite* enough to win".

In any case, congrats on the win!

And despite the fact that we lost, I have to say I'm pretty proud of our boys. I didn't make it to Kennedale, but I saw some positives on the field against Argyle and Burkburnett, and I think they may surprise me yet. And as I was reminded earlier today, the last really successful season we had started out 0-5.

Keith7
09-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Kennedale just keeps squeaking by

BullsFan
09-25-2004, 12:31 AM
LOL--seems funny that 58 points could be considered just "squeaking by".

Of course, squeaking by is a whole lot better than losing no matter how you look at it.

Keith7
09-25-2004, 12:32 AM
they only won by 4.. thats considered a close game by most people

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2004, 12:33 AM
It was a pretty awesome game.

Did the defense play good enough to win? yes, I think they did... not as well as I would have liked... BUT mistakes just killed us again...

An interception and subsequent return deep into our redzone hurt the Bulls and led to 8 points.

2 more Cat points came on a blocked PAT attempt that was returned the distance.

And 8 more points came from a Punt return for a touchdown.

The offense looked very good.... EXCEPT for 8 (I believe) False Start penalties on our backs and receivers. We did it three times in a row in both the first and second half. In the second half, it was a drive killer once we got inside the Cats 35. Too bad.

AND, that Kennedale team has some great offensive producers.

BUT!!!! The Boys are playing great and I am really pumped for district. We need the BYE week to get some of our injured back into the lineup, then LOOKOUT Little Elm.

BTW, I am pretty sure Colin Jones rushed for 30 carries 390+ yards.... (10.9 a carry). I think he broke the school record tonight, but we will have to wait and see.

Well, the AP had Kennedale at #4 in state. Harris had us 9 point underdogs... Losing stinks but at least we continue to see some great progress.

BullsFan
09-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
BTW, I am pretty sure Colin Jones rushed for 30 carries 390+ yards.... (10.9 a carry). I think he broke the school record tonight, but we will have to wait and see.

And his status was unsure as of late this afternoon. He broke several teeth out yesterday after school and spent a portion of today at the dentist. He's one scrappy kid.

I'm glad to hear there's hope in Mudville still... :)

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2004, 01:47 PM
The stats in todays paper for Colin Jones were...

30 rushes for 396 yards... (New School Record)

5 rushing TDs and 2 Receiving TDs... Congrats Colin Jones!

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, per BullWriter on the www.fridaynightfever.net board, it looks like Colin Jones set two new school records on Friday...

He is setting at 754 yards for the season.... after rushing for less than 30 yards each in the first two games.

Here is what BullWriter had to say...

====================

Colin Jones' stats vs Kennedale. Two new school records were broken.

COLIN JONES - RB (JR) - vs Kennedale 9/24/04

30 CARRIES 396 YARDS** 5 TD'S***
5 CATCHES 54 YARDS 2 TD'S

**New School Record = Single Game Rushing Yards. The old record was
set in 2000 by Jesse Stowers vs Decatur (218 yards).

***New School Record = Single Game Rushing TD's. The old record was shared by Cezar Rivera in 1993 vs Aledo (4 TD's) and against Decatur (4
TD's). And by Bryson Carter in 1997 vs Lake Worth (4 TD's).

====================================

Not to shabby for the Bulls to post those numbers on the Number 4 team in state.

KTownBalla
09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
I saw the game, and that kid is awesome. The game and offensive explosiveness of both teams was like watching a baseball game with the final score of 20-19....LOL

Titans
09-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Kennedale is over-rated, WAY over-rated...but Bridgeport still played well.

Good luck in the following weeks ahead.

Keith7
09-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by KTownBalla
I saw the game, and that kid is awesome. The game and offensive explosiveness of both teams was like watching a baseball game with the final score of 20-19....LOL

those are the worst kind, cuz they last 6 hours!