Monohans 36, Brownfield 14
SA Lakeview 31, Snyer 28
Lubbock Cooper 50, Seminole 3
Canyon 42, Levelland 14
Littlefield either 47 or 27, Lamesa 22
Muleshoe 32, Lockney 2a 7
Andrews 35, Greenwood 13

Muleshoe and the West Nile virus held Lockney's RB Mark Ford
to 46 yards rushing. I read in the Amarillo paper that the kid actually had West Nile; I think he looked kinda flat tonight.
I believe Lockney had approx 47 yards total offense in the 1st half when Mules led with score 24-7. Muleshoe put in the 2nd team in the 3rd quarter, and Lockney finished with 191 yards total offense for the entire game. Mules O output a little low with 274 yards total offense, but the starters basically only played the 1st half.

Da Mules
09-24-2004, 11:02 PM
correction Perryton 48, Caprock 14

mulefan
09-24-2004, 11:07 PM
ford is a very good back but the mules kept him in check. you saw his strength and speed especially on defense.

thumptbh
09-25-2004, 12:14 PM
canyon had a pretty good game against levelland but some injuries put a damper on the win. matt lovern threw for 310 yards and 5 touchdowns with no interceptions. canyon had a total of 421 yards i think. each touchdown was to a different reciever. looks like canyon may play cooper without two of thier starting linebackers but canyon has some pretty good back ups that are able to step up. the middle linebacker should be back this week. he didnt play against levelland because of an ankle (that would be great). one linebacker was lost to a torn acl for the season and the other may be back around the borger game. one defensive lineman went out with an ankle and should be back in about a week and another defensive lineman dislocated a shoulder. he dislocated it in the second quarter but played the whole game. i think both will be able to play friday. levelland had about 230 total yards so it was still a pretty good defensive effort. they got a good qb that runs the option well. the good news is the offense is healthy!!!!! everything said canyon will be ready this week and should give cooper a good game. if both teams play thier best games it should be a barn burner.

Da Mules
09-25-2004, 08:11 PM
I might have to go watch that Canyon-Cooper game Friday night instead of driving up to River Road with da Mules. I think they can handle the Roadies without me. If everybody's healthy, this Eagle-Pirate game ought to show what both teams are really made of. Looks to be the best Panhandle game this Friday by far!

thumptbh
09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
if you make it muley come set with the canyon folk. ill be the fat guy wearing #55 and an african safari hat at the top of the stands.