HornetMom
09-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Wow, what a game. Great win for the Hornets :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl:

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Good win for the Hornets they're now 4-0:) :clap:

big daddy russ
09-24-2004, 11:28 PM
LaGrange played a heck of a game. The game was closer than the score. The Leps' defense kept them right there all night long.

CHS_Grad '85
09-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Man it is so worth me not having a voice tomorrow morning... lol... really great game... #24 (LaGrange Player) & #5 (JHernandez) --you guys had an awesome game... y'all made it hard for us not to cheer for LG... lol... thanks for hanging with us Big Daddy Russ... hope it was worth the drive... ;)

rodeo-rider
09-24-2004, 11:50 PM
CHS---85

Did you play football or what in cuero?
i was running with some Cuero people back then and I may know you!

big daddy russ
09-24-2004, 11:59 PM
I had a great time, CHS_Grad. Good game. I was telling Amanda on the way home that #24 was a player. Not the biggest kid on the field, but he was always around the play and stuff always seemed to happen when he was. He forced one of the fumbles (and I think he recovered it, too). Had two important tackles... one saved a TD and the other stopped a drive early in the game when Caldwell still had all the momentum. And that Hernandez kid could scoot.

rodeo-rider
09-25-2004, 12:04 AM
NEVER MIND!!----MY FAULT!!

Pudlugger
09-25-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I had a great time, CHS_Grad. Good game. I was telling Amanda on the way home that #24 was a player. Not the biggest kid on the field, but he was always around the play and stuff always seemed to happen when he was. He forced one of the fumbles (and I think he recovered it, too). Had two important tackles... one saved a TD and the other stopped a drive early in the game when Caldwell still had all the momentum. And that Hernandez kid could scoot.

First, let me say that the Hornets were a classy team tonight. They hung in there and turned every opportunity around to win this game. As for the Leps, the bright spots were indeed their defense , who kept the game in suspense until late in the fourth. Yes #24 our 145 lb MLB was superb in that he recovered two fumbles and made several key defensive plays to keep the Leps close. The Caldwell defense deserves credit for shutting down the Lep offense, but #5 Hernandez did get the opportunity to demonstrate his talent in both speed and agility in that breathtaking 50+ yard run for the only Lep TD. The Lep Offense has not gelled. Part of the problem is an O line that lacks experience and agility in blocking assignments (they pretty much missed the Hornet mlbs all night), but the main problem is that the Leps have no passing attack. When the Leps want to pass they must send in a new Qb and WR. Newsflash to the D: the next play will be a pass. My 2 cents: go with one or the other Qb but don't switch back and forth. If you want a passing Offense go with the sophmore Woods. If you want to run go with the junior Daniels. If you want both, then make Hernandez the Qb and forget about this building year stuff and win a few games. Tough coaching decision here.

The Leps have several major strengths which they must focus on. Their defense is excellent, capable of keeping them in the game against anyone in this district. Their kicking game and special teams are also top notch as they demonstrated tonight with two fumble recoveries and 4 kicking points on the board plus a good punting effort. The problem lies squarely with the O line. The Leps need to get these guys up to speed in the program. However, in all fairness to these guys, throw a few passes to the TE or WR in the flat to keep those mlbs at home a little-it is hard for a guard to block a dt and mlb on the same run up the middle.

Finally, let me say that the Caldwell team is a very impressive team. Kendrick Pittman #21 was outstanding, along with Qb #7 and mlb #54. This team will contend for District this year. As for the Leps, they have a nucleus of talent and when they finally pull together will be alright. I expect they will come back strong next week against Rockdale at home.

CHS_CG
09-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Oh man the game was a blast.... it was great getting to meet you Big Daddy Russ and Amanda.. yall were awesome. My only question is....WHERE WAS CUNBED10 TONIGHT?? Oh well I understand if he couldnt make it. They Hornets played a great game cant wait for next weeks game against Giddings in Giddings.

chs_cheer06
09-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Good win guys... It was a very GREAT game...

Now on to Giddings next week in Giddings.