LH Panther Mom
09-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Sounds like a good game.

j_dog
09-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Wow! That must have been some game! :)

Bulldog_12
09-24-2004, 10:18 PM
I hope so, sounds like a great game and that would be a great rematch later on. Especially since Sinton has unfinished business with Cuero.

pirate4state
09-25-2004, 12:56 AM
I think we may have scared them Gobblers!! :D I gotta say that those Pirates sure know how to fight...came up a little short, but it was one helluva effort!! :clap: :clap: Nothing to hang your heads about. You've got alot of football left to play so take what you've learned from this game and move on. Have a good weekend and get ready for those Bulldogs.

Cuero - what can I say about you guys? You guys rock! :thumbsup: One play, just one missed tackle and your guy was gone! Amazing speed. :eek: Good luck with the rest of your season and maybe we'll meet again. :thinking: :clap: :)

44INAROW
09-25-2004, 12:59 AM
the game certainly lived up to the hype that's for sure. Pirate4state, did you go down at halftime and meet some of the Cuero folks? Trying to figure out who else Mr44inarow met :D

Sinton has a great team. Obviously never gave up. Nice clean game!

pirate4state
09-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
the game certainly lived up to the hype that's for sure. Pirate4state, did you go down at halftime and meet some of the Cuero folks? Trying to figure out who else Mr44inarow met :D

Sinton has a great team. Obviously never gave up. Nice clean game! The only new Cuero poster I met was Gobbla2001. :D I don't smoke and I happened to be going to the lady's room when they were coming back from their smoke break. Sorry, I missed you & your husband.

bb04
09-25-2004, 01:19 AM
both of these teams played great games. 3rd quarter i thought it might get kinda ugly but sinton never gave up and faught back and made it into a great game. congradulations gobblers

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Huff Huff Huff!!!
I just got in and what can I say!
AWESOME GAME!!!:cool: :clap: :cool:
Those Gobblers have a great combination of size, speed, discipline and dedication. A great team with a wonderful crowd cheering them on.:cool:
Congratulations Cuero on a great victory. Wow! Their was some pops out there on both sides. An instant classic that the Gobblers definately earned.
I've seen these Pirates improve and that they have. I knew Cuero would be tough! You didn't give up Pirates and it showed.
Keep your heads up because you guys made us all proud!:clap:
It's been a long preseason(that's not over) but that's all it is(not taking away anything from Cuero). What happens at the end of the season is all that matters. I will not doubt you guys! You all have what it takes to be something special.

PhiI C
09-25-2004, 01:38 AM
I can't say anything else that hasn't been said but this was a great game by two outstanding teams and fans can be proud of both teams. It was nice to get to meet and spend some time with bb04, Gobbla, Old Green, Sinton 66, Sinton81, Sinton Fan and Mr. 44 and the rest. Enjoyed the visit everyone. Time for this old man to get to bed though. Good night everyone who is still awake. :)

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Pavilion was there too Phil.:)
Goodnight Godfather of Sinton Sports.:D
I was glad I met those young fellows from Cuero. Nice fellows them...

44INAROW
09-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Pavilion was there too Phil.:)
Goodnight Godfather of Sinton Sports.:D
I was glad I met those young fellows from Cuero. Nice fellows them...
Mr 44 said he saw them and was not sure if they made it over to visit.. It is so nice to put a name to a face!

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 02:10 AM
I met Mr. 44. A very cool guy. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him that much as we were talking up a storm about Sinton football stuff and our usual highjinks.
44INAROLL, you should have made the game. No jinxies!;)
I can't forget I also met Sinton81! Another cool guy and got to talk to him for a bit.:cool:

Goldenstick
09-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Cuero should end the regular season at the #1 spot! Looks like the only tough game they have left is against Yoakum

sinfan75
09-25-2004, 09:51 AM
From what I heard on the radio it was well played game. Don't believe there was any turnovers and very few penalties.

District303aPastPlayer
09-25-2004, 09:52 AM
I listened to that game last night, i really wish i was there... sounded like a good one. . .

UTFootBall#1
09-25-2004, 10:55 AM
The only reason it was a good game was because I went to the game..haha j/k...anyways...it was a good game.....When you play Cuero you cannot go in and just try to run the football the whole game cuz they have a good enough defense to stop the run....HOWEVER...when Sinton finally decided to mix it up more in the 2nd half it proved very effective...I think one of the keys to beating Cuero is just mixing it up...have about a 50% pass 40 %run or vica-versa......had I not gone to the game I would have thought Sinton was not that great..but from the adjustments I saw I know better....and the fact that they are young...damn...Sinton is gonna be tuff next year for sure...as well as this year also........I know how it said that Liberty Hill had the best running backs in the State or whatever...but in my opinion from what the teams that I know about I think Cuero has the best running backs...Fabian Olguin,Larvell Roy...and that other guy........also....damn what would have happened had Sinton of caught that pass at about the 40-50 yard line....Cuero would have been sh*ting bricks....haha all in all good game by both teams....peace

PPHSfan
09-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1
...I think one of the keys to beating Cuero is just mixing it up...have about a 50% pass 40 %run or vica-versa......

I must admit.

That totally confuses me.

PhiI C
09-25-2004, 11:17 AM
It is now Saturday morning and everyone here in Sinton is still buzzing about the game. Two great teams. Cuero has a great team with speed and did what they had to do to hold on to it. Sinton played great and almost came back and pulled it out. This is one of the few times that you actually feel happy after a loss. Of course it was a regular season game and no one got eliminated or lost a district game which may factor into it but it was actually a pleasant 90 mile ride back to Sinton after the game which is rare when you lose. Congratualations to Cuerro and Way to Fight Back Pirates!

PhiI C
09-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Sinton Fan 75 you are right about there not being many penalties. Those officials were good and let the teams play and only called real penalties and were not overly picky like some are. I wish we could have them the rest of the year. Also there were no serious injuries that I saw or know of. The two teams played good hard hitting but clean football. You have to like that. Good sportsmanship by both teams. Made fans of both cities proud.

UTFootBall#1
09-25-2004, 11:32 AM
OOps my bad typo***

50% run
50% pass

or

60%pass
40%run

or

60%run
40%pass

50% run 40% pass...LOL..what ever happened to the other 10 %....LOL...hey hey hey i just woke up ok..lol

Phil C
09-25-2004, 12:09 PM
No problem UT! That happens to us all! But maybe you could add 10% kick! :)
Hey Sinton Fan thanks for the reminder on Pavilion. And Pavilion sorry for not mentioning you! It was good meeting you and the rest of the Cuero folks. Just blame it on my older age and lateness of the hour. :)
Sorry I missed your goodnite Sinton Fan but right after I posted I hit the bed!

Phil C
09-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I am sure that Cuero will stay No. 1 now but I wonder if Sinton will drop out of the top ten or twenty.

District303aPastPlayer
09-25-2004, 12:23 PM
sinton = the best 3-2 team in the state

Phil C
09-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey District I wonder if they will be kept in the top 10 or 20 this week.
Hey 44 I agree with you. It is great to meet everyone and put a face and voice with the written word. I know I met you at a basketball game last year. Maybe again this year if time and scheduling permits.

Gobbler Fan
09-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I like our running backs BUT I sure do wish #21 *Cooper* was running the rock for the Gobblers . Roy and Olguin you cant say enough good things about these kids , Roy who was suposed to be out starting FB but was moved to starting TB when our # 2 running back was dismissed from the team has stepped up admirably, What can I say about Fabian O. *soph*one of the best kids you would ever want to meet ,and one of our reqional qualifying 4x100 meter relay team that had the misfortune of leading by a good 5 meters but dropped the baton in Regionals *dq'd* but with 2 fresh and 2 sophs last year being our varsity relay team I have no doubt we will be back .

3TIME STATE CHAMPS
6TIME STATE FINALIST

Way to go Gobblers on your Victory last night .

GO MEAN GREEN

bigpimpin
09-25-2004, 03:52 PM
It was a good game, but it was closer than it should have been. I think our boys are worn out already so this bye week will do them good. It looked like Sinton's line stunted a lot more than our o line thought they would, cuz they looked a little lost. Gotta give it to Sinton, they are sound tacklers, but once one of our players got more than 7 yards past the LOS, they were gone. Our defense made that RB look all-state...wasn't sure if it was bad tackling or if he had baby oil on his jersey...Our boys were going for the big hit and not wrapping up and trying to arm-tackle, and that's not gonna stop anybody. Our passing game was great, but Schumacher threw his first pick of the season...with 3 TD's to go with it. I think every week the depth at RB is a concern. Missing the top 2 RB's aren't helping. If they can work on tackling, pass coverage, find a 3rd RB, and work on finishing games, I'm not sure if anyone in the state is gonna stop em. District really doesn't have any challenges, Yoakum has a passing game, but can't run, Halletsville has a good defense, ok offense...against 2a teams, and the rest are nothing.....In summarization, Sinton's boys played a good game and the crowd over there was one of the loudest away crowds i've ever heard. Good Luck to ya'll...:clap:

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
It was a good game, but it was closer than it should have been. I think our boys are worn out already so this bye week will do them good. It looked like Sinton's line stunted a lot more than our o line thought they would, cuz they looked a little lost. Gotta give it to Sinton, they are sound tacklers, but once one of our players got more than 7 yards past the LOS, they were gone. Our defense made that RB look all-state...wasn't sure if it was bad tackling or if he had baby oil on his jersey...Our boys were going for the big hit and not wrapping up and trying to arm-tackle, and that's not gonna stop anybody. Our passing game was great, but Schumacher threw his first pick of the season...with 3 TD's to go with it. I think every week the depth at RB is a concern. Missing the top 2 RB's aren't helping. If they can work on tackling, pass coverage, find a 3rd RB, and work on finishing games, I'm not sure if anyone in the state is gonna stop em. District really doesn't have any challenges, Yoakum has a passing game, but can't run, Halletsville has a good defense, ok offense...against 2a teams, and the rest are nothing.....In summarization, Sinton's boys played a good game and the crowd over there was one of the loudest away crowds i've ever heard. Good Luck to ya'll...:clap:
That RB that "looked" all state had 1700+ yards last year.;)

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 04:01 PM
BTW, that Olguin guy was a fantastic runner. Fast and extremely hard to bring down.
You guys earned that win and I hope the best for yall this year.:)

GOFOR2
09-25-2004, 06:26 PM

"bigpimp" I gotta ask you what game you were watching last night. It was a helluva game, and to try and take credit away from the Sinton football team is ridiculous. Your arguments about not wrapping could be argued on our behalf as well. You have speed but when the defense doesnt wrap you are gonna have difficulty bringing down a ball carrier, I dont care if he is an all-pro or third string JVer. It was apparent in the stands that Cuero thought the game was over in the 4th quarter. But the mark of a real champion is in the will to compete. I think in defeat the Pirates learned more than Cuero did in their victory, because those kids did not give up when many teams would have, and maybe that is what Cuero expected.
And you're right about one thing, the game was closer than it should have been, but not in favor of last night's victor.

Sirsnagsalot
09-25-2004, 07:41 PM
When we were shaking hands after the game, Sinton's QB said "See ya'll at state" to every player.......I guess he's planning on watching us from the stands since we're in the same region.....

PhiI C
09-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Always gotta be someone negative and picky when someone is trying to pay a compliment (if that is the way it actually happened).

footballgal
09-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Sounds like it was a great game. I was rooting for Sinton, so congratulations Gobbla on your teams win.

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Sirsnagsalot
When we were shaking hands after the game, Sinton's QB said "See ya'll at state" to every player.......I guess he's planning on watching us from the stands since we're in the same region.....
We(some of us fans) hope you guys go division 2. I think both teams have a good chance if that happens. It means one less roadblock for each team.;)
If not....
let's worry about district first.
That was an awesome Cuero team. I can't say anything bad about them. Good luck Gobblers.:)

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
"bigpimp" I gotta ask you what game you were watching last night. It was a helluva game, and to try and take credit away from the Sinton football team is ridiculous. Your arguments about not wrapping could be argued on our behalf as well. You have speed but when the defense doesnt wrap you are gonna have difficulty bringing down a ball carrier, I dont care if he is an all-pro or third string JVer. It was apparent in the stands that Cuero thought the game was over in the 4th quarter. But the mark of a real champion is in the will to compete. I think in defeat the Pirates learned more than Cuero did in their victory, because those kids did not give up when many teams would have, and maybe that is what Cuero expected.
And you're right about one thing, the game was closer than it should have been, but not in favor of last night's victor.
I don't think the guy was saying anything bad about Sinton or Cuero. At least I hope....;)
It was a great game with a playoff-like atmosphere.
I doubt there is one Cuero fan who didn't think this was a great game.:clap:

bigpimpin
09-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Thanks for getting my back on that one SintonFan. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Sinton, I was just saying that I've seen Cuero play a lot better on both sides of the ball and I hope that this bye week they get to focus on some of those things and get tuned up before district. And just for the record, nobody thought the game was over in the 4th quarter....I guess you didn't hear the eruption after every good play...we get it crunk the whole game.

GOFOR2
09-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Thanks for getting my back on that one SintonFan. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Sinton, I was just saying that I've seen Cuero play a lot better on both sides of the ball and I hope that this bye week they get to focus on some of those things and get tuned up before district. And just for the record, nobody thought the game was over in the 4th quarter....I guess you didn't hear the eruption after every good play...we get it crunk the whole game.
There you go again. "I've seen Cuero play a lot better on both sides of the ball...." Well if the truth be known, we have seen Sinton play better on both sides of the ball as well, so why dont you just shut your trap and give the opponents the credit they are due just as we give you the credit that Cuero is do for being the team that they are. Maybe the calibre of the team you played against has something to do with the reason why the game was so close....or at least closer than you thought.

bigpimpin
09-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Sounds to me like someone's a sore loser. I guess you're just mad cuz SINTON LOST!!!! And they're lucky it was only by 7, if we had brought our A-game, we wouldn't even be having this discussion cuz everyone would be too busy recovering from the pounding that got laid on them. I hope these team play each other again, maybe then you'll recognize talent when you see it....and I'm out...

bigpimpin
09-25-2004, 11:14 PM
And the part about giving credit where credit is due....You weren't giving credit, saying that it was closer than it should have been but not for the victor. You criticize me for saying my team should have played better when you go and do the same thing...Gimme a break :rolleyes: I give credit to the winner, Sinton kept it close, but last time I checked, keeping the score close doesn't give you the win...just an observation...

GOFOR2
09-25-2004, 11:39 PM
And the part about giving credit where credit is due....You weren't giving credit, saying that it was closer than it should have been but not for the victor. You criticize me for saying my team should have played better when you go and do the same thing...Gimme a break :rolleyes: I give credit to the winner, Sinton kept it close, but last time I checked, keeping the score close doesn't give you the win...just an observation...

Check yourself, this time nothing was at stake. Also thought your coach's comments in the Victoria Advocate were "extremely professional" saying yaw should have won by 30. I would be embarassed or at the very least ashamed if the A.D. in Sinton made a pompous remark like that in the paper, even if he thought it. You have a very good team, but so do we.....and lets leave it at that. Good luck the rest of the way, until we meet again.

Ranger354
09-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Give it a break!!!!!!!!!

Both teams played horrible ok. Cuero just played one less horrible play then Sinton did.............

A message board or forum is just that. People are allowed to post their opinions. Not all of us are going to agree with them. That is why we are all different.

If these two teams meet again this year it will probably be another good game and it WILL have playoff implications. Maybe both teams will play Horrible again. Maybe not!!!!

If Sinton would have caught that last long pass there would have been a different winner. I guess we should have brought our A game too!

I wishes were horses, beggars would ride!

Later

bb04
09-26-2004, 12:05 AM
if, if, if....if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

big daddy russ
09-26-2004, 03:54 AM
...crunk...
Is it just me, or is this the dumbest word anybody's ever made up?

SintonFan
09-26-2004, 05:07 AM
I wasn't trying anything. I was projecting my point of view.
Cuero was what I expected. They were an awesome team. I believe Cuero has played better. I've seen the Pirates play better. What do good teams do against each other? They make one another look bad to the fans.

A FINAL WORD:
Let this go folks and let the boys learn from this game. It was a fun one to watch and should help both teams in their quest for excellence.

:)

Gobbler Fan
09-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Check yourself, this time nothing was at stake. Also thought your coach's comments in the Victoria Advocate were "extremely professional" saying yaw should have won by 30. I would be embarassed or at the very least ashamed if the A.D. in Sinton made a pompous remark like that in the paper, even if he thought it. You have a very good team, but so do we.....and lets leave it at that. Good luck the rest of the way, until we meet again.

Sorry but I have to stick up for our coach here. He know's he went *conservative* not taking anything away from Sinton they played a hell of a game but you cant let off the gas against a team like Sinton and it almost cost him and he know's that now. Would it have made a difference on the play calling if he knew you guy's were going to make that great comeback *without a doubt*.It was just a great game between 2 proud school's .So that being said im neither embarrased or ashamed of what Coach Reeves said
you have your bulletin board material for our next meeting prove him wrong if you can ;)

sinfan75
09-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Sorry but I have to stick up for our coach here. He know's he went *conservative* not taking anything away from Sinton they played a hell of a game but you cant let off the gas against a team like Sinton and it almost cost him and he know's that now. Would it have made a difference on the play calling if he knew you guy's were going to make that great comeback *without a doubt*.It was just a great game between 2 proud school's .So that being said im neither embarrased or ashamed of what Coach Reeves said
you have your bulletin board material for our next meeting prove him wrong if you can ;) I've seen many coaches just wanna protect the ball and take as much time off the clock as possible. Sometimes it comes back to haunt them. Bet Reeves don't do that again. Coach Mitchell did that against La Feria 2 years ago after Sinton goes up 35-0 in the 1st qtr(not half). Many of the starters got taken out in the 2nd half. La Feria started puttin so many points on the he had to put the starters back in. Guarantee ya he learned from that.

Gobbla2001
09-26-2004, 01:48 PM
It was a really good game...

Having seen Sinton play last year and this year, they've improved greatly...

the defense is fast, they're very well coached...

the QB is awesome, the whole offense is awesome...

FG's seem to be coming pretty good as well for the Pirates...

Good size, too!

nice seeing all of you!

IHStangFan
09-27-2004, 09:07 AM
sounds like i missed a good one....i knew it would be!! congrats Gobblers, Sinton will bounce back from the loss though...not looking forward to Ingleside facing them later this year. I think we'll play them tough though.