PDA

View Full Version : Ive never seen this happen before

kaorder1999
09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
in a freshman game tonight that I was at a freshman kid from the away team went down and broke his left wrist. After about 30 minutes of being on the field the ambulance finally got him splinted and into the ambulance. On the very next play a kid from the home team goes down and also breaks his left wrist. We had to keep the ambulance from leaving and get them to come back into the stadium to get this other player. Weird...

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 08:12 PM
How terrible! Where was this?

kaorder1999
09-23-2004, 08:17 PM
sulphur springs

sirhc11
09-23-2004, 08:19 PM
That sounds like a very bad case of bad luck. Was that field cursed??? j/k

Strike Fast
09-24-2004, 09:17 AM
In one of our games a player got hurt and the ambulance had to be called in. It was getting late in the 4th quarter and we were down by 6 and driving in to score. The game was called with time remaining because the field did not have lights and it was getting difficult for the "refs" to see. The ambulance was leaving with its sirens as the game was called. As we huddled our players around to talk, explain the calling of the game and pray for our injured player, we hear a voice speak up and say "yeah, they were just scared of us scoring and winning". This voice was from the very kid that was "hauled" off in the ambulance, but not.....It was pretty funny.

Keith7
09-25-2004, 05:52 PM
at the Royse City game the Royse City kicker kicked the ball for -5 yards on a kickoff.. I dont think i've ever seen that happen.. and prolly wont for a long time

D. R. Hooks
09-25-2004, 06:27 PM
at the Royse City game the Royse City kicker kicked the ball for -5 yards on a kickoff.. I dont think i've ever seen that happen.. and prolly wont for a long time

What, -5 yards?

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

Keith7
09-25-2004, 06:49 PM
here is how it was put in the Gainesville paper

"the ensuing kickoff from the Bulldogs was kicked
backwards five yards as Lopez tapped the tip of the football with his
heel and it rolled off the tee for negative yards, then things were
looking up. The Bulldogs fell on the "kick" which resulted in a penalty
because it did not travel the necessary 10 yards before a Royse City
player could legally recover it."

i've heard of punts going backwards but never a kickoff

D. R. Hooks
09-25-2004, 06:52 PM
I guess he 99% whiffed it, and it rolled off the back of the tee.

Keith7
09-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by D. R. Hooks
I guess he 99% whiffed it, and it rolled off the back of the tee.

yea deffinently a odd play.. i noticed ur from Broken Arrow Oklahoma.. thats where i was born, up there by Tulsa

D. R. Hooks
09-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Born in BA Keith? The town probably looks nothing like it used to as we're exploding in growth as a Tulsa suburb.

Broken Arrow High school is the largest high school in Oklahoma, though we're more of a "band school" than a football power.

Keith7
09-25-2004, 07:21 PM
yea I was born there, i didnt stay long though just a few years, but i've visited back there a few times since then...

and as for Football up there, i'm sure Jenks gets most of the attention around the Tulsa area

D. R. Hooks
09-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Jenks won 6A last year, and Tulsa Union is probably the #2 team. Have you seen the facilities at Union?, they have built a basketball palace better than many colleges.

http://umac.unionps.org/images/umac_day.jpg

Keith7
09-25-2004, 08:38 PM
wow that is impressive... they must take alot of pride in there sports.. i noticed that there football field was nice too and had recently been renovated, maybe i never shoulda moved :thinking: